Playing Maps
I got the maps to the new version, but now, why won't it let me play them online? And how can i play them online?
Thanks given by:
Upload the maps to the server files
Thanks given by:
How do i do that? sorry. i'm a complete noob
Thanks given by:
You have to own a server or have a friend server owner. You get the map files and put them into the /server/maps folder in assault cube 1.1
Thanks given by:
Or find a server that has a really loose map upload policy.
Vote your map in and it should automatically upload to such a server.
Thanks given by:
Take notice that some maps are blocked in 1.1 (e.g TwinTowers, HeadshotCity, etc)
As long as I can remember, these are things that are blocked if the maps have the following:
  • ceiling too high
  • map too big
  • pickups too close to each other (except health, and I think pistol clips?)
  • flags too close to each other
  • floor too low
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 10, 09:09PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: ...some maps are blocked in 1.1 (e.g TwinTowers, HeadshotCity, ...
...ac_industrialisies (by jiba/Sanzo/Brett), ac_fracht (Mr Floppy), apache (Muzzleflash), ac_nightshift (RaaM), ac_strike (TRA$H_PC)...
Thanks given by:
Does the server give any stats, etc as to why the map is not favourable?
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 01:07AM)jiba Wrote: Does the server give any stats, etc as to why the map is not favourable?

nope.
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 10, 09:09PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Take notice that some maps are blocked in 1.1 (e.g TwinTowers, HeadshotCity, etc)
As long as I can remember, these are things that are blocked if the maps have the following:
  • ceiling too high
  • map too big
  • floor too low

Are there any other things that could be an issue, such as use of mapmodels?
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 06:18AM)jiba Wrote:
(28 Aug 10, 09:09PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Take notice that some maps are blocked in 1.1 (e.g TwinTowers, HeadshotCity, etc)
  • ceiling too high
  • map too big
  • floor too low

Are there any other things that could be an issue, such as use of mapmodels?

Yeah, wasnt it something like too many mapmodels so to stop people lagging?
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing jiba was asking about ac_industrialisies specifically, since he was one of the makers. The problem with this map was sorted in IRC between him and Brett - combined ammobox/pistol clip pickup in CLA base and pistol clip next to akimbo in the centre of the map.
Now for the other maps I like...

Going back to the OP, if the server doesn't have the map you want to play, you must "/sendmap yourmap" first. Then vote for it. It is, however, possible that the server won't allow this for many reasons, as V-Man and Wolf mentioned.
Thanks given by:
Unless there is some technical reason to it, i don't think those maps should be blocked. If people want to play it, let them!
Thanks given by:
titi: Please don't start the discussion again :)
Thanks given by:
Ups, my bad :-)
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 10, 09:35PM)jamz Wrote: ...ac_industrialisies (by jiba/Sanzo/Brett), ac_fracht (Mr Floppy), apache (Muzzleflash), ac_nightshift (RaaM), ac_strike (TRA$H_PC)...
Yes... this is a big flaw in the system. But I think it is all related to pick ups.

(29 Aug 10, 01:07AM)jiba Wrote: Does the server give any stats, etc as to why the map is not favourable?

Yes... run a local server (./server.sh -mlocalhost), connect to it (/connect localhost), and try to vote the map. Versions 1.1.0.2 and 1.1.0.3 gives the reasons for pick ups in the logs... it will be print a x,y coordinate. You can go to the item using "/go_to x y", where x and y must be substituted by the respective numbers.

I really apologize for the inconvenience... but this system is still far from perfection.
Thanks given by: