Poll: What is your opinion about moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.
50.00%
23 50.00%
It's fine the way it is.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Mods are too harsh and shouldn't be so mean.
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clarification of rules and penalizations
Disagree completely with Nightmare for mod. He hasn't bought me any chocolates!
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 12, 08:10PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(03 Aug 12, 01:20PM)Nightmare Wrote: Well anderson already showed several rule breaks, and then Morgan's insults & death threat post.
Why have mods at all if they allow this stuff?
MK has already been warned. And Nightmare, it seems to me that some people don't acknowledge nor know what is really taken care by the mods, so no offense, but if you feel like someone is not being punished enough for your standards then use the report button or pm a mod regarding your opinion, but don't post in the forums as if we aren't doing anything.

Ok I will accept that if you can show that they were warned before I posted that they had broken the rules?

Didnt think so...

BTW my point still stands dont call them rules if they are not fixed boundaries. I was not asking for people to be handed warning points just showing that the rules are not rules but guidlines that are not enforced and as such should be called that. What we have at the moment is misrepresentation of the highest order.

And as I have already pointed out sometimes (depending on which way the wind is blowing) using the report button is a complete waste of time. As a minimum even if the mods believe the complaint to be non valid a reply should be sent saying so.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 12, 08:46PM)MorganKell Wrote: Disagree completely with Nightmare for mod. He hasn't bought me any chocolates!
I know exactly what is needed here...
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 12, 05:14PM)Atrimos Wrote: Mods should be 21 years old or more.

Pretty sure the only mods that have had issues raised up around them met that limitation. The admins do a good job appointing modship as far as I am concerned. That isn't the issue :3

@1Cap's idea:
This level of structure will fail in a community as small as AC. Pretty simple. The smaller the group of people, the less structure is needed. Maybe if AC accumulates enough people to require more structure, maybe something like this could be implemented.

However, the biggest problem with your idea lies in the fact that this is the land of AC, not the land of the free. Some people believe that AC (the community) is a democracy. It isn't :P I can see some changes getting brought to vote and getting community feedback on, but ultimately the change is not in the hands of the community.
This means that if there is an issue with a mod, you are best to bring it up privately to an admin and talk about it. There is already moderating of mods. By this I mean I feel free asking a mod (or sometimes) about an action they did that I wasn't quite sure about the justification. I've been asked to clarify some stuff in the past too by fellow mods. Bringing it up publicly has a tendance to snowball (flameball) and end up as flames, with not too much constructive material getting produced.

It is worth mentioning that warning points are rarely announced publicly. I generally only do such to remind other people that what someone posted will get you warned.

About warning levels:
Starting at 70% you will get banned.
You will get banned for longer and longer periods of time the higher your percentage is. Remember, just because your auto-ban might expire, that doesn't mean your warning points that got you that auto-ban will.
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 12, 09:45AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: About warning levels:
Starting at 70% you will get banned.
You will get banned for longer and longer periods of time the higher your percentage is. Remember, just because your auto-ban might expire, that doesn't mean your warning points that got you that auto-ban will.

How long is a 100% warning level ban? I want to know what to expect if I reach my goal.
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 12, 10:49AM)Habluka Wrote: How long is a 100% warning level ban? I want to know what to expect if I reach my goal.

[Image: warningq.png]

Chances are a mod/admin will ban you longer than that if you cause enough problems to get to 100% :p
Thanks given by:
Harps voted - Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.

Too much trolling and too many pointless/useless posts for an official game forum.
Thanks given by:
I got banned forever, once...
Thanks given by:
I read between lines :
"Give us a BraZilian admin" .
And I double it and propose 1cap.
Problem solved.
gg
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 12, 04:06PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I read between lines :
"Give us a BraZilian admin" .
And I double it and propose 1cap.
Problem solved.
gg

Wellcome all: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5689-post...#pid104927
Thanks given by:
Quote:Give us a BraZilian admin" .

How quickly have we forgotten of Brahma?
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 12, 11:45AM)Harps Wrote: Harps voted - Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.

Too much trolling and too many pointless/useless posts for an official game forum.

nobody asked for your opinion mr. nofunallowed
Thanks given by:
"Give us a BraZilian admin" . -someone

"How quickly have we forgotten of Brahma?" -Bukz

"he gave us cheat detection and I still see wallhax, flying, speedhacks, insta gib knife, insta headshots." -person with eyes

offtopic post (+1 points)
for post: this post Today, 03:24 PM Friday, October 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM #M|A#Wolf

not to nitpik but the quote of Bukz (not that i think you should be waving your e-peen round anymore) is also offtopic. Id say a good 68.65555566565% of posts in this thread are offtopic.

We REALLY need to be able to vote mods on / off the ac_island.
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 12, 08:37PM)Bullpup Wrote: "Give us a BraZilian admin" . -someone
"How quickly have we forgotten of Brahma?" -some other guy
"he gave us cheat detection and I still see wallhax, flying, speedhacks, insta gib knife, insta headshots." -person with eyes

The most important Brahma legacy was to show that had cheater who were hiding behind the clantags.
There was much confusion. The clans complained.
For a time the Ac was again in the hands of players.
Now back to how it was before ...
ps: as you guys can not be of-topic?
All this tread is of-topic ... (70%) let us freedom to talk and think.
Thanks given by:
[Image: tumblr_m7sr8u473a1qg35tio1_500.gif]
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 12, 09:53PM)Misty Wrote: ...

Thanks given by:
1Cap.
He's a no-nonsense kinda guy.
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 12, 11:16AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: 1Cap.
He's a nonsense kinda guy.

FTFY
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 12, 08:37PM)Bullpup Wrote: "he gave us cheat detection and I still see wallhax, flying, speedhacks, insta gib knife, insta headshots." -person with eyes

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5603.html
I've never once seen/heard of this happening, in person or by word of mouth, with ACAC.

(06 Aug 12, 08:37PM)Bullpup Wrote: offtopic post (+1 points)
for post: this post Today, 03:24 PM Friday, October 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM #M|A#Wolf

not to nitpik but the quote of Bukz (not that i think you should be waving your e-peen round anymore) is also offtopic. Id say a good 68.65555566565% of posts in this thread are offtopic.

We REALLY need to be able to vote mods on / off the ac_island.

I agree, many mods would like to kick Bukz off of ac_island because he got to warn you before the rest of us.
Thanks given by:
I voted for first option. My opinion is to remove all warning points up to now, reestablish moderating team, remove all previous forum's rules and start writing them from scratch.
Thanks given by:
I was without a computer for some time. Please Paul, if you don't have anything valuable to say, don't say it.
(03 Aug 12, 08:06AM)jiba Wrote: With regards to what was suggested in the original posts perhaps some of you could try prioritising, re-writing the forum rules and suggesting what level of offense deserves how many points etc.
Jiba, i would love to participate in rewriting them, but nothing can be done without the active support from the mods, because we (non mods) are not familiarized with your way of thinking about the forum rules.
Thanks given by:
It's amazing how complicated everyone is making this. I mean: warn people for being idiots, don't second guess, and keep it on a professional level. It's not even really necessary to go into detail as far as why. If people know what's good for them, they'll know where their points came from, and they'll most like stop doing what it was to get them. They keep going? Ban their ass.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of mockery and "No, really?" for this, but I'm just clarifying that you guys are turning this ^^^ into pages of debate.

Although if this discussion is actually more about the WRITTEN rules and penalizations, then stop talking about it and have someone who knows what they're doing draft it already.
Thanks given by:
So is this just going to be forgotten?
Thanks given by:
Beginning by you, mah friend! Remember the forest? XD XD (jk)
Thanks given by:
People don't always deserve points for breaking minor rules. But when they act like asses while doing it they deserve it.
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 12, 12:25AM)Mael Wrote: People don't always deserve points for breaking minor rules.

And which would qualify as minor?
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 12, 10:25AM)titiPT Wrote:
(01 Sep 12, 12:25AM)Mael Wrote: People don't always deserve points for breaking minor rules.

lol
Thanks given by:
MorganKell doesn't break rules, he molds them into froth pits of liquid awesomeness from whence the minds of mere mortals are warped and rivened with the glorious sayings of drunken shimmy that dazzles all AC with its pure and unadulterated beauty!
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 12, 10:44AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:

lol

Lets see if you will receive warning point for that like I did .....
I am sure you wont...
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 12, 07:38PM)Edward Wrote:
(01 Sep 12, 10:44AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:

lol

Lets see if you will receive warning point for that like I did .....
I am sure you wont...
Can I warn you RR? >:D
Thanks given by: