Poll: What is your opinion about moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.
50.00%
23 50.00%
It's fine the way it is.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Mods are too harsh and shouldn't be so mean.
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clarification of rules and penalizations
(02 Aug 12, 07:29PM)Nightmare Wrote: ^how is this not a ban? :)

(31 Jul 12, 08:34PM)Nightmare Wrote: Clan Puppet Moderators
Thanks given by:
I've taken a look at ACR's forums, and the rules are VERY harsh. Let's not get the mods any more aggressive.
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 12, 08:26PM)Cemer Wrote:
(02 Aug 12, 07:29PM)Nightmare Wrote: ^how is this not a ban? :)

(31 Jul 12, 08:34PM)Nightmare Wrote: Clan Puppet Moderators
Or simply, awesomeness...
Thanks given by:
Aww Noobicunt would you like to go an quit the game again? Yea make another thread about how you are done with AC because you can't stand some silly little bullshit and let everyone come and post and try and keep you here so you feel loved and cared for and apart of something... I replied to Nightmares dumbass comment because he minimized the disrespect Zarj has not only for jamz's contributions but also for AC as a whole. That said I quite courteously asked that we keep the thread on topic. Who's at fault here... a battle hardened shimmy who's given his badass all to AC, or a bunch of NOOBs who couldnt win a TDM on douze?
Thanks given by:
wat
Thanks given by:
hey you : rule 19

Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 12, 11:44PM)Link Wrote: wat
And you wonder why people consider you a spammer.
Anywho.
Let's not use ACR as a comparison...
Guys (aka the ones who recently posted in this thread, starting with Nightmare), please stop focusing on Zarj. He's already banned by jamz (yay forum moderation!), so just leave it at that.
I'm seeing the last relevant post being wolf's, so I'll respond to that.
I don't think we should warn people for each little thing. But, if they commit repeated offenses, they won't learn until they get some sort of warning.
Thanks given by:
I believe the mods should 3 month ban people who insult two people without provocation. :)
So I voted for harsher. <3
Otherwise anyone can just run around calling people b****, idiot, etc.
Thanks given by:
Hahaha who is the forever alone? 1cap? Mods tell plox...
And Night, you are kinda right, but it was also very funny, insults apart...
Thanks given by:
List of moderators/admins are not in the docs, they are something of around here.
Thanks given by:
Do you can make jokes and have fun coming here in the forum.
Nothing you say will change the fact:

Not offended, nor was off topic. So I should not have been penalized. (this is not just me!)

Moderation is wrong. This is very serious. So I'm wasting my time here and reading this pile of crap that you guys insist on writing.

Well, but that is what we have ...

Thank you for your time.

1Cap
Thanks given by:
Wow so much butthurt here its difficult to find the actual thread anymore! Looking at what has been said on all sides it would seem sensible to convert our rules to a code of conduct, Mods carry on as they are for now and maybe we have a review thread of what is in the code of conduct particularly with respect to rule 19.

What say you mates change rules to code of conduct and start a review thread and see where that takes us?
Thanks given by:
Again the irony, if I had heeded to some people’s views in this thread then then surely some of those would have shot themselves in the foot by now. It would be nice to see some self-constraint and not personally criticising each other.

With regards to what was suggested in the original posts perhaps some of you could try prioritising, re-writing the forum rules and suggesting what level of offense deserves how many points etc.

Then maybe using our common sense we (mods) can review what you say and make possibly make some changes. I still don’t believe it is a big issue. As I see it the problematic posts we have are created by a minority.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 12, 07:40AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: convert our rules to a code of conduct
What's the difference/what does that involve?
Thanks given by:
A code of conduct is a guidline, not a rigid thing at present we are presenting the "rules" as that rigid rules that should not be broken. What I see here tells me that is not the spirit of what was writen and it was intended to be more of a guidline in which case it should be called that to avoid confusion. In other words dont sell me a ford and claim its a ferrari...
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 12, 11:57PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: He's already banned by jamz (yay forum moderation!)

Nope, I was the first responder. However jamz did lengthen the ban.
Thanks given by:
Well anderson already showed several rule breaks, and then Morgan's insults & death threat post.
Why have mods at all if they allow this stuff?
Thanks given by:
My contribution. I hope it can be useful.

've Seen many players in these five years, stop playing because they felt wronged here in the forum. Some were accused of cheaters and were treated badly without 100% certainty of error. Others were offended and stopped playing. Others have been banned from servers by IP or by name, without definite reason. They stopped play too.

The moderators should only apply the rules. When the case is "common sense" things change. Then the moderators apply "common sense" of themselves. So these distortions occur. Unfortunately over the years concludes that some moderators can not be impartial and just leaving the superb show. The greatest greatness is to recognize the error and correct it, this is a blessing. Attitude of magnitude.

My suggestion is that the participants of the forum who feel misrepresented, can open a topic for analysis of the situation by other participants.

The best situation would be exposed to everyone and everyone could vote on the procedure of the moderator.

But.

Only one member of each clan can vote on these topics. The moderators do not vote. Participants can vote without a clan, but must have more than one year of participation in the forum.

These are ideas to better assess the attitudes not clearly set out in regulation. So we do not need many rules, only guidelines.
Moderators continue to use their "common sense" but who were think judged erroneously can get a second opinion to other members.

Of course, this idea should be improved. Moderation of the moderators.
Over time the forum would become all that we expect from him.
Thanks given by:
Awesome, I like the idea!
Thanks given by:
Mods should be 21 years old or more.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 12, 04:24PM)1Cap Wrote: The moderators should only apply the rules. When the case is "common sense" things change. Then the moderators apply "common sense" of themselves. So these distortions occur.

Actually mods do only apply the rules and how much warning points you get is actually predefined on some rules as it is. However where common sense comes in is say if you are a repeat offender at breaking rules or have been disrespecting players for months and getting away with small warnings that never add up to a ban.

Quote:My suggestion is that the participants of the forum who feel misrepresented, can open a topic for analysis of the situation by other participants.

If you want to show the community how you specifically you messed up on this forum and would like to display that then yes but really if you ever have a problem with a moderator, contact a different moderator or forum admin for a better evaluation; were not all the same but close and fair enough that your situation may or may not change).

Quote:Only one member of each clan can vote on these topics. The moderators do not vote. Participants can vote without a clan, but must have more than one year of participation in the forum.

Moderation of the moderators.

If you make this complicated vote system, then moderators would be unable to do anything productive; it would take forever to get someone banned if he had his little friends back him up and vote to revoke the warning or whatever. If you moderate the moderators, then there is no point in moderation at all and things would turn out like the U.S. government where people have power but do nothing.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 12, 05:14PM)Atrimos Wrote: Mods should be 21 years old or more.

What has age got to do with anything? If I'm not mistaken, XRD and Wolf are both under 21 and actively moderating this forum, also making the right decisions as far as I'm concerned. Being older doesn't always mean you have better judgement over these matters. Take PERROS as a clear example.
Thanks given by:
aekom i was not offensive to the young people, i also went: P
Thanks given by:
Aekom is right, age has nothing to do with being a good or bad mod. XRD and wolf have actually done a great job moderating this forum.
Thanks given by:
You guys could come back to the topic at hand? I think we left a little, no?
Please read the beginning of this topic and return here.
Comment, criticize or disagree but to add something else to add to the main subject.
That's my opinion for productivity here.
What did you think of my suggestion? I said something stupid? :)
What do you guys think about this?

I'm curious.

20% ftw
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 12, 06:21PM)1Cap Wrote: You guys could come back to the topic at hand? I think we left a little, no?

No we didn't. Atrimos believed (or maybe not, given what he said on his last post) that we should implement a minimum age limit for moderators, as a way to help improve the moderation on this forum, and I explained why that wouldn't change anything.

If my opinion counts for anything on this forum, I truly believe nothing has to be done. The way it is being done right now is the correct way. You can't just go around warning and banning forum users willy nilly for minor offences. If you feel that users like Link and paulmuaddibKA are spamming your forum, you can always add them to the ignore list in your User CP.
Thanks given by:
I apologize if my statements got a little out of hand. Sometimes when I am posting I tend to allow my feelings and emotions dictate my words. This can be both a blessing and a curse. My feelings toward Zarj are already well known and do not in fact begin with the Thank You button incident, although that was and is an extremely sensitive issue for me. I apologize as well to Noobicus for making his name look better (in my opinion :P) by changing it into an insult. If anything I am probably the one most responsible for taking this thread off topic as my comments on Zarj more than likely caused the ripple. Nightmare was then honor bound to defend his clanmate and (assuming he could remember the admin passes ;]) acted accordingly.

As for the moderation of the forum, I'll wait to discuss that when I get Internet. To be honest I am fairly certain that my opinion will sooner or later be addressed in one of the numerously epic posts that I've been seeing of late. In the meantime I'll go steal some of my neighbors wifi... :).
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 12, 01:20PM)Nightmare Wrote: Well anderson already showed several rule breaks, and then Morgan's insults & death threat post.
Why have mods at all if they allow this stuff?
MK has already been warned. And Nightmare, it seems to me that some people don't acknowledge nor know what is really taken care by the mods, so no offense, but if you feel like someone is not being punished enough for your standards then use the report button or pm a mod regarding your opinion, but don't post in the forums as if we aren't doing anything.
Thanks given by:
Holy Smokes could MK get more epic?
* paulmuaddibKA starts a kickstarter to buy MK a router and a lifetime of internetz!
On the topic discussion, Link and Nightmare for mods, we need new sap around after OS departure, and they will clarify and discuss the rules as PROs, I give my word for that! XD
Thanks given by:
I think this is the topic, yes, talking about the rules, moderation, penalties and moderators.
The moderators insist on trying to limit the view of participants in the forum.
If a forum member disagrees,mods saying to him that is to send a PM.
But they themselves do not respond to PM a member of the forum, post here
I believe this is a topic that moderators should not try to influence or coordinate.
to moderators:
I do not know if age is the main factor. But it's important. I think the playing time should be worth much, participation in the forum among other things.

is important to see that ex-cheaters definitely have no participation like a mods . good!.
My idea does not prejudice the moderators or their power strip.

May only be reviewed trials of "common sense".

Read up again.

Moderators are 100% responsible for applying the rules.
100% warning level = ban
Thanks given by: