Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
(04 Aug 10, 10:54PM)Kirin Wrote: flow, correct me if i'm wrong,
i just tried changing crosshair and it produced a error related to some script that uses concat
see this screen for the error message:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7351/20...hinetd.jpg

The same as Kirin: My (precompiled) client does not change the crosshair.
Thanks given by:
Vicky: Download the newest version (1.1.0.1).
Thanks given by:
Please investigate crosshair problems (cannot change crosshair), I'm dieing to change from the default!

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 09:33AM)Font Wrote: Please investigate crosshair problems (cannot change crosshair), I'm dieing to change from the default!

Thanks!

Quote:Vicky: Download the newest version (1.1.0.1).
Thanks given by:
I don't know whether this is a bug or prob with my server...
But when I'm active on my server 'Titans Paradise', player named 'Fod' tried a lot to spawn like shown on the video on the map 'ac_rialto'.He spawned very well when it came to default Assault Cube maps.
This very map was included in 'maprot' by me and I'm on latest version 1.1.0.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRQlsrDXOY

(Thanks to co-player 'a' who helped by recording the video and mailing it to me)
Thanks given by:
That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen. It belongs in the "AssaultCube: Silent Hill Zombies Plus" Mod.
Thanks given by:
I don't like 1.1.

I want 1.0.4 back :-/

1.1 looks great, well done. but the gameplay is ... not good in my oppinion :'(
Thanks given by:
This new 1.1.0.1 update is the fastest ac update I have ever seen. What does this update do exactly?
Thanks given by:
Fix bugs.
Thanks given by:
I don't know whether this is a bug or prob with my server...
But when I'm active on my server 'Titans Paradise', player named 'Fod' tried a lot to spawn like shown on the video on the map 'ac_rialto'.He spawned very well when it came to default Assault Cube maps.
This very map was included in 'maprot' by me and I'm on latest version 1.1.0.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRQlsrDXOY

(Thanks to co-player 'a' who helped by recording the video and mailing it to me)
Thanks given by:
I appreciate all the hard work you guys have put into this game, but I think you've about pushed my interests completely out of it. I get the impression you are aiming to please a wider, less serious audience, which is cool for everyone but your most dedicated players.

Here are my opinions:

1) Filling the map with armor reduces the amount that skill factors into the game (unless you count remembering to pick up armor as a skill). This is because it makes it impossible to strategize as to how much it will take to frag an opponent.

2) Nerfing the sniper leaves smg as the only viable weapon for small-sided matches. The lowered kick on the AR, is nice, but it makes it the same kind of weapon as the smg. Perhaps I'm alone in this, but, I want my sniper back -- I'm bored without it.

3) The carbine could work, but you need to decrease the time between shots by about 5 milliseconds to make it viable against a pro with an smg. (also, does it have to sound like an air rifle?) Alternatively, if the carbine could HS, that might balance it as well.

4) I can't believe you're rewarding people who run through maps like ac_mines with a shotgun by giving them a gib for full shots. I would have reduced the maximum a shotgun can do to 99hp. Then the noobs could still have the satisfaction of running up their frags, while still giving the rest of us a chance to run by them when starting with full health.

PS) I do like what you've done with the nades.

A nice way of saying it is you've leveled the playing field. A negative way of saying it is you've turned it into Tic-Tac-Toe. The exception to all of this is if you're willing to play with SMG full time.

I hope that is not too harsh. I really am grateful for the thousands of hours of fun your game has given me.

-seb
Thanks given by:
is there a chance to get 1.0.4 back? :/
Thanks given by:
You can still keep playing it Stayla. Though that will change in about 2-3 weeks so I would hurry ;)
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 07:01PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: You can still keep playing it Stayla. Though that will change in about 2-3 weeks so I would hurry ;)

yep i know that i can play it now but i dont do it, because how you allready said in 2-3 weeks every1 have to play 1.1

but i mean if there are much ppl who dislike 1.1 (already now are much who dislike it), maybe 1.0.4 come back ?
Thanks given by:
hi when i open up AC it says:
could not find core textures (hint:run AssaultCube from the parent of the bin directory)(Couldn't open packages\misc\notexture.jpg)

what am i supposed to do?
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 05:39PM)sebacious Wrote: 1) Filling the map with armor reduces the amount that skill factors into the game (unless you count remembering to pick up armor as a skill). This is because it makes it impossible to strategize as to how much it will take to frag an opponent.

2) Nerfing the sniper leaves smg as the only viable weapon for small-sided matches. The lowered kick on the AR, is nice, but it makes it the same kind of weapon as the smg. Perhaps I'm alone in this, but, I want my sniper back -- I'm bored without it.

PS) I do like what you've done with the nades.

1) I am glad I am not the only one who shares this feeling

2) the same kind, but in completely different values (including on klevar terms ofc).

PS) indeed.

i'd like to know if a wiki info comes on future making a table of gun stats including recoil/spread/ms per shoot and others values for each gun.
Thanks given by:
Quote:i'd like to know if a wiki info comes on future making a table of gun stats including recoil/spread/ms per shoot and others values for each gun.
You can actually find those stats in Gibstick's strategy guide
Thanks given by:
Nighthawk:You are supposed to tell us your os, before we can help you.

@Stayla: Nope. Just saying "can we have 1.0.4 back" doesn't cut it.
Tell us what you like and dislike about the version and what you thinks needs changed.
Thanks given by:
sorry forgot that part but it is Windows 7 home premium.
Thanks given by:
@ M__Stayla: You can always host a 1.04 Masterserver yourself, if you have the time and the money. Who knows, maybe ppl will like to play their beloved 1.04 in cheater's filled servers...
I'm sure the cheaters would appreciate if you did ;)
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 07:33PM)Stranz Wrote: i'd like to know if a wiki info comes on future making a table of gun stats including recoil/spread/ms per shoot and others values for each gun.
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Weapo...ics_of_1.1
I also put it in the wiki, of course.
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 08:21PM)makkE Wrote: @Stayla: Nope. Just saying "can we have 1.0.4 back" doesn't cut it.
Tell us what you like and dislike about the version and what you thinks needs changed.

well i don't think that you'll change something if i tell what i think, but okay:

1. too much armor. sniper is really a unusefull weapon. how many said: if you don't hs, you lost. i think Sniper and smg should be like in 1.0.4 the most powerfull weapons, or just same good like AR or shotgun
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 10:09PM)TheCrema Wrote: Just so you people know: Armor can be picked by any player!

You dudes are talking like only your opponent has a change to pick up armor, learn your maps.
I can't tell you how many times I seem dudes running around an leaving armor behind (and not only newbies), if you not smart enough to pick an armor, too bad so sad!

And besides, not getting killed consists in much more than just being armored: taking cover, choosing routes in the map that favor your weapon (i.e, enclosed spaces for shotty, open areas for sniper/carbine), using your weapon kick back to flight the shoot out (for smg and AR) and for sniper: keep in mind that the helmets do not actually protect the head, if you know what I mean ;)

I'm playing 1.1 quite a bit and didn't find it all that hard to adapt...
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 12:12AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: How can I make it so that 1.0.4 and 1.1 don't mix? People have said look at the launcher and type something or something but I have absolutely no idea about so called launcher :/ I have a Mac btw

I don't know about the Mac version, but as for the PC:
The older version of AssaultCube is located under X:/ProgramsFiles/AssaultCube_v1.0.
The new version is located under X:/ProgramFiles/AssaultCube_1.1.0.0
Depending on the option you opted for at the time of install, all the other AC files will be either in the install directory (the path above) or in your Documents folder in the sub-folder AssaultCube_v1.1 (or AssaultCube_1.0 for the old version) NOTE: If your using Windows XP or below all of the "other" AC files will be under My Documents (the same path from that point on). IMPORTANT NOTE: "X" is substituted for the drive which you chose to install AC. Sorry that I could not be of help to all of you Apples and Penguins out there. HAPPY GAMMING!
Lt Dan
Thanks given by:
Oh don't worry about that anymore LtDan, I got that figured out already. But thanks anyways :)
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 05:25PM)oceanus Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRQlsrDXOY

I did not investigated this... but i bet a beer the guy does not have the right map and did not typed /getmap for some weird reason.

Sebacious... let me comment your comments:
(09 Aug 10, 05:39PM)sebacious Wrote: 1) Filling the map with armor reduces the amount that skill factors into the game (unless you count remembering to pick up armor as a skill). This is because it makes it impossible to strategize as to how much it will take to frag an opponent.
In some level I agree. I did not liked to see the maps filled with helmets... I think the servers should auto-block if there are too much armors in a small area (some maps have 4 helmets + 2 armors!!). But I think the armors+helmets increased the level of the game... now you are never sure if you will kill an enemy with sniper+2xpistol or you will need something like sniper+3xpistol+nade. This augments the value of the skill.

Quote:2) Nerfing the sniper leaves smg as the only viable weapon for small-sided matches. The lowered kick on the AR, is nice, but it makes it the same kind of weapon as the smg. Perhaps I'm alone in this, but, I want my sniper back -- I'm bored without it.
The only change over the sniper was to reduce it to 80 of damage, forcing the sniper to do sniper+pistol+pistol (which was balanced by increasing the accuracy of the pistol). So, I do not understand your point here.

Quote:3) The carbine could work, but you need to decrease the time between shots by about 5 milliseconds to make it viable against a pro with an smg. (also, does it have to sound like an air rifle?) Alternatively, if the carbine could HS, that might balance it as well.
I do not understand how 5 ms will help in a 700 ms for attack delay...

Quote:4) I can't believe you're rewarding people who run through maps like ac_mines with a shotgun by giving them a gib for full shots. I would have reduced the maximum a shotgun can do to 99hp. Then the noobs could still have the satisfaction of running up their frags, while still giving the rest of us a chance to run by them when starting with full health.
In some way I agree here too... but the main reward is a visual effect. If we remove the gib, they will continue to kill with one shot... but imo there is more sense to gib if it is a "one shot one kill" in fresh spawned targets (100hp).

Quote:PS) I do like what you've done with the nades.

Tbh, i do not like it too.... but I like it much more than the previous system, since now we disrupted the nade spam.

(10 Aug 10, 12:34AM)M__Stayla Wrote: 1. too much armor.
agree
Quote:sniper is really a unusefull weapon.
disagree... to the good sniper, it is the same weapon... to the random unskilled player, all weapons got "harder" to handle due to the extra armor
Quote:how many said: if you don't hs, you lost.
disagree... dodge, run and change to pistol, nade or knife... good snipers will "pwn"
Quote:i think Sniper and smg should be like in 1.0.4
sniper is quite the same... smg is a bit better
Quote:the most powerfull weapons,
disagree... you are defending the unbalance between the weapons
Quote:or just same good like AR or shotgun
now they are quite the same.... the weapons are better balanced now
Thanks given by:
Picking up armour is not a skill. Controlling it is.
Thanks given by:
I think that, especially with helmets everywhere in the new maps, there's too much armour. Rather than getting rid of the pickups, however, I'd like to see the armour made a little weaker and also, the pickups being worth less... somewhere between 10 and 20 would be good for the helmet IMO.
Thanks given by:
@sebacious: BB GL HF, we'll miss you.
Also... I don't remember anyone else saying the SMG was top gun. Although I must admit, my getting used to it in 1.0.4 made it easy to handle in 1.1 -- but I do see the leveled playing field you refer to. And that's a really good thing.
Thanks given by:
1) I think nades should be same as before but there respawn time should be increased to say 45 seconds. I really don't get if i hold nade in my hand with 100 HP, Armour i try my best to suicide but don't die ;).

2) Shotgun gib is not good thing. It was already a powerful weapon now its just too much. Now its preferred weapon in deathmatch.

3) Helmets are making too much chaos i mean single armour was enough. It really effects the planning now and this also makes game slow or atleast remove some helmets from games like shine its like armour everywhere.

4) Do bullets are effected by distance specially SMG i did felt like that in mid range i felt the accuracy was really poor could be lag. I feel same effect in mid range in 1.1 as i feel in 1.0.4 in long range. I don't get accuracy of Pistol also if i try it in mid range if target is still its very accurate but not in real game. I played one inter i use one smg clip one pistol clip one knife still that guy took flag and bunny hoped from behind and gibbed me :P with shotgun lag could be reason or my aim is bad in this version.

5) Weapon balance good but
SMG of old version (It was hard recoil but fun with same damage)
Sniper of old version (Damage should be same 85)
Nades of old version with increased respawn time (2 nades) But atleast should be able to kill who is holding nade with 100 armour HP.
AR of current version (20 bullets are just good plus recoil is great to handle)
Shotgun of old version (Gib can be removed plus same damage as before)
Carbine (with more HP damage or Gib option)
Pistol ( Last version same damage)
This will make every weapon deadly and game will be fast paced or people will make plan for camping near armour with shotgun.
Thanks given by: