Poll: Over Moderation is Oppressing AC Forums. And violating human rights.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.00%
14 35.00%
No
65.00%
26 65.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Extreme Over Moderation thru Censorship
Some good debates do get shutdown once in a while due to evil overlord mods, but its good for the most part.

* Nightmare has no complaints.
Thanks given by:
I do think the mods took unnecessary steps in this case.
There is no reason to ever delete a person's posts in a thread, unless they are some level of racist, or involve personal attacks on others, or use some extremely strong language (and even then you can just edit out the language).

Back when I was a forum mod I remember that people would freak out over nothing - getting 10% warning points, or having their threads closed. However, I think vern has a legitimate point here - mods have no right to just delete everything he says for no other reason than "they don't like it". This is ridiculous. People will have other opinions, and they should be allowed to express them (even if they are just told, "No, it's not happening."
Thanks given by:
some seem to feel they're entitled to whatever they want with no strings attached. not necessarily in this case, but in many other cases
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 11, 11:03PM)MCS Wrote: some seem to feel they're entitled to whatever they want with no strings attached. not necessarily in this case, but in many other cases

Ofc I understand that this is the dev's forum, not the player's forum, and that the mods are appointed by the devs, but at some point they need to stop and ask themselves what they should and should not be doing. If no one who has an opinion opposite to those of the devs is going to be allowed to speak their mind here, then I would think that perhaps the AC players should be creating their own forum.

Just my 2 cents. Moderators should moderate discussion, not force everyone to adhere to their opinion.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 11, 11:18PM)Zarj Wrote: Ofc I understand that this is the dev's forum, not the player's forum, and that the mods are appointed by the devs, but at some point they need to stop and ask themselves what they should and should not be doing. If no one who has an opinion opposite to those of the devs is going to be allowed to speak their mind here, then I would think that perhaps the AC players should be creating their own forum.

Just my 2 cents. Moderators should moderate discussion, not force everyone to adhere to their opinion.

the development team is mostly made up of players, not sure if you've noticed.
Thanks given by:
I vote in Zarj for dev.
Thanks given by:
So.. once again, what is the issue?

Vern's threads got closed, a few of them admittedly spamming ish?

Or is it the closing of actual threads that contributed somewhat that led to the creation of this thread.
Thanks given by:
For the third time, I'm going to ask that one of the involved shed some light on the issue.
Thanks given by:
I really need an example of this issue :S
Thanks given by:
I more and more come to think that there are none, at least not in the past weeks.
Maybe this? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3214.html (and follow-up http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3227.html )
And those two posts of Vern I deleted, but no one could call that censorship.
tempest Wrote:(one "Close!!!" post and one immediately after where he attacked someone else for posting on-topic stuff)

I can't find anything else in the logs.
EDIT: But of course, thanks to this great forum software, I can't tell who the author of those deleted posts and closed threads was, let alone see deleted posts.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 08:01AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I really need an example of this issue :S

One day I posted a comment, next day it wasn't there.
Scandalous over-moderation.
Either that or when I clicked post it didn't actually post. But I think it did.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 10:52AM)Hellspell Wrote:
(05 Jun 11, 08:01AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I really need an example of this issue :S

One day I posted a comment, next day it wasn't there.
Scandalous over-moderation.
Either that or when I clicked post it didn't actually post. But I think it did.

I think it's a glitch, it's happened to me with a comment related to the game.
Thanks given by:
Boy, I sure am glad I'm getting singled out. You'd think I'm IMPORTANT and someone gives a FUCK about what I say. We all know thats not the case... I'm vern remember????????

To all that think this thread is about me, and me only, as the BEST OF THE BEST WOULD SAY "GET REAL"

Moderators, In general, have been pushing their limits in many areas.

If you want, I can meet you for coffee at the place most convenient for you, and I can spell it out for you, this might take 10 - 12 hours. Bring Vagisil, and a box of tissue.
Thanks given by:
Forums aren't democratic, you may want to come to terms with this.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 04:25PM)vern Wrote: If you want, I can meet you for coffee at the place most convenient for you, and I can spell it out for you, this might take 10 - 12 hours.
Go ahead, type it down here. You see, this whole thing might have worked out much better for you if you had given any actual examples to prove your assumptions.
Thanks given by:
want an example? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3191.html
want another? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3129.html
I would post others....but they were mysteriously deleted.
I had one post deleted b/c I posted a demo of oNe as an example of great teamwork.... i don't get that one either???

EDIT** I don't really care either way. Consistency would be nice though.
Thanks given by:
Lol, I think we had that already? In case you still didn't get it: I misunderstood what that "blog" was about (and apologized for that, remember?).
And I don't see any problem with the other thread... ?
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 05:48PM)tempest Wrote: And I don't see any problem with the other thread... ?

Likely b/c you did the same thing you did last time. You didn't read my post. I was saying that the thread features a video of one of the guys smoking cigs, and no one said anything about it. That would be "advertising" smoking cigarettes, which kills 6,000,000 people per year. The stuff in my blog hasn't killed anyone. That's the problem. And I ship to Germany, it's not illegal there, like Salvia, therefore not a problem to have it on a German website, as was insinuated.

Actually, it originated in Germany.

....................?

But I am not harping on this crap anymore, and don't really care to discuss it farther. Examples were requested, examples were presented. That's all.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 06:27PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Likely b/c you did the same thing you did last time. You didn't read my post. I was saying that the thread features a video of one of the guys smoking cigs, and no one said anything about it. That would be "advertising" smoking cigarettes, which kills 6,000,000 people per year.

I did, thank you. And no, he didn't advertise smoking, FFS. And tbh I find it quite amusing how you seem to be asking for that post to be censored, instead of asking for yours to be un-censored. Anyway, fine with me.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 06:31PM)tempest Wrote: And tbh I find it quite amusing how you seem to be asking for that post to be censored, instead of asking for yours to be un-censored. Anyway, fine with me.

did you miss the part at the bottom:

"But I am not harping on this crap anymore, and don't really care to discuss it farther. Examples were requested, examples were presented. That's all."

In other words, I can't tell you how to run your forums, and won't presume to try. I would just like some consistency.

I was promoting my reviews, BTW. Not the products. So..... another inconsistency. I was treated as if I was promoting smoking Herbal Incense. I was promoting my blog. Same as Paul was promoting his talent, and not cigarettes. Get it?
Thanks given by:
Alright, so we've discovered the moderators aren't perfect, they make mistakes. Big deal.
The occasional censoring of a post because it promotes the use of a hallucinogenic drug is inevitable.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 07:30PM)Hellspell Wrote: Alright, so we've discovered the moderators aren't perfect, they make mistakes.
<3. I wonder why no one has made that remark yet. Of course, being a mod means you should make less mistakes (i.e. as few as possible), but as you said - it's inevitable.
I know that's not really a valid argument (and obvious too), but please remember we do this on our spare time and don't get paid for it :)
Thanks given by:
The job of a mod is to help forum members follow the rules. If a certain behavior isn't addressed in the rules, mods don't need to worry about it.
Conversely, if a forum user "CBF" to learn or follow the rules, that user can't expect to feel welcome here.
Deleting a post because it violates some rule or other is a perfectly acceptable form of censorship, as evidenced by the fact that the forum administrators approved the rules.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1300.html
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 07:30PM)Hellspell Wrote: The occasional censoring of a post because it promotes the use of a hallucinogenic drug is inevitable.

NOT PROMOTING ANY DRUG!!!!

This is promoting my REVIEWS!!!!

Wiki = your friend

[Image: stupidw.gif]
Thanks given by:
Wow, you're still arguing that aren't you. :D
Thanks given by:
yea, I'm done. FUCK IT.
Thanks given by:
Lol... This thread is becoming sooooo offtopic.
Thanks given by:
Pfft I've been just sitting here waiting for this thread to pass like all of the other flamewars. Might as well throw in my two cents in while I wait for something productive to start.

@Mods: Trolls are going to troll and there's nothing you can do about it. If you do try to do something about it, trolls are going troll you even more.

@Trolls: Mods are going to moderate and there's nothing you can do about it. If you do try to do something about it, mods are going moderate you even more.

@Everyone else: Carry along as usual, there is nothing to see here.
Thanks given by:
Why is this still open. The poll shows the results... Deal with it.
Thanks given by:
Can I just mention that I loved the bit about "oppressing human rights"? vern clearly has never been a minority group in certain countries.
Thanks given by: