Beta-Test Phase
ok, combat pistol for secundary weapon(a revolver or DE) and combat rifle for primary weapon : P

AssaultRifle is like a fn fal, combat rifle can be something like an akms(weapon design), ok, in future we can use custom models : D
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 11, 03:24AM)wolfbr Wrote: in future we can use custom models

Err... can't we do that already?

ASOM, I hope you are not hurt by this news.
Thanks given by:
As not too many balance commits have happened, I will start posting the new Mac bins here.

Biggest newest update is the PM feature. To test the SVN, you will need this bin, none of the ones before this one.

Newest bin here (direct DL link): http://pbclan.tk/files/SVN_r6630_assaultcube.dmg
Mac Users: If you were not able to run this before, try again. I recently upgraded my Mac OS, so it should run for you. If not, post here with your Mac version number.

Edit:
So some people upgraded to Lion.
Out of luck if you got Lion. Sorry!

Also, I realized that the spoon mod is pre-installed: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3726.html
Whoops. (Dont ask)
Thanks given by:
ok, i finally tested it xD, my comp doesn't like downloading -.-, anyway here are my thoughts, =P
I think that every thing is good except maybe the shotgun... and normally i hate SG noobs but now i feel for them, i tryed the SG and i believe that it has been the worst off... but why am i complaining xD easier for me =P

thx devs for your awesome work, keep it up
Thanks given by:
The current SVN executes the scripts folder before saved.cfg and autoexec.cfg. Is this intentional?
Thanks given by:
The autoexec.cfg should always be able to override other scripts (IMO), any reasons why saved.cfg should be executed before the scripts dir?

Atm, the scripts dir is executed via scripts.cfg, but of course, we can change that.
Thanks given by:
Master server not replying on SVN..?
Thanks given by:
Masterserver will reply just as well as it does in 1104 (it should, afaik). Unless there is a client bug.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 11, 06:31PM)Bukz Wrote: The autoexec.cfg should always be able to override other scripts (IMO), any reasons why saved.cfg should be executed before the scripts dir?

I just noticed scripts that add to binds are now reset by autoexec.cfg, and wondered if this was a planned change.
Since it's intentional, I can adjust my scripts accordingly.
Thanks given by:
The autoexec has been the way to override anything in the past unless I'm misunderstanding you. Scripters can still make their own script folders and execute them whenever / where ever (including at the bottom of the autoexec, which would then make the scripts dir become the override) via execdir.

However it can always be changed if there are good reasons for it.
Thanks given by:
How about a pistol-whip for the right-click for the proposed CP?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol-whipping

Acts like a knife, but less damage. Would "reload" faster than the knife for another strike, but it would wait longer to shoot (relaxing the hand). The animation would be simple, and it could lead to some interesting combos.

Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 11, 07:28PM)Bukz Wrote: However it can always be changed if there are good reasons for it.

Probably, at the least, saved.cfg should be executed before autoexec.fg and the scripts folder; otherwise, updates to scripts will not take place (the engine executes the scripts folder, which defines an updated alias "myalias", after which saved.cfg is executed, which resets "myalias" to what it was before).
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 11, 08:15PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Newest bin here (direct DL link): http://pbclan.tk/files/SVN_r6630_assaultcube.dmg
Mac Users: If you were not able to run this before, try again. I recently upgraded my Mac OS, so it should run for you. If not, post here.
Didn't work for me, version 1.7.1.
Thanks given by:
I hope you mean MacOS 10.7.1 :|
Thanks given by:
I think no one will use combat pistol [ especilly because it has bursts ] when you can choose a good auto weapon that kills way faster, you need to make something else in that weapon that others can't do, i dont know maybe some rare advantage? i mean 3 bursts to kill? why not use just carbine? it needs only 2 hits
Thanks given by:
It'd hopefully be changed to 6 hit kill like the normal pistol. :)
and I'd use it. :D
Thanks given by:
[Image: Loki.jpg]

* VenteX drools
Thanks given by:
Best. Model. Ever.

PISTOL WHIPPING PLEASE
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 11, 12:21PM)BunnySoul Wrote: I think no one will use combat pistol [ especilly because it has bursts ] when you can choose a good auto weapon that kills way faster, you need to make something else in that weapon that others can't do, i dont know maybe some rare advantage? i mean 3 bursts to kill? why not use just carbine? it needs only 2 hits
My sentiments exactly. Not to mention a weapon isn't going to improve/change gameplay at all if it's not used. For example, the carbine barely made much of a difference because it's not used very often. If more people used the carbine, it would've had a noticeable impact on gameplay. Almost 90+% of the time (on pubs, or inters), the carbine is unused. The cpistol could end up having a similar fate.
Thanks given by:
Carbine hasn't been rightfully balanced yet. ;)
100% accuracy+still die = :O
Thanks given by:
carbine is a defensive weapon, not much good in rushs, but, perfect for ctf/team games : D

about cpistol, a have one idea, add bust fire in "normal pistol", like a gloc. i want something like a DE/revoler for secundary, but, I think this will never happen, bust fire can be cool, because you can user busts for more accurate shots(long range) and rapid fire for close range.

bust fire = some less damage per sec compared to rapid fire, but, better in long ranges
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 11, 05:23PM)wolfbr Wrote: I think this will never happen, bust fire can be cool
AFAIK, C-Pistol will have burst fire.
Thanks given by:
I only use carbine on pubs. Good to practice aim.
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 11, 08:54AM)Orynge Wrote:
(05 Sep 11, 05:23PM)wolfbr Wrote: I think this will never happen, bust fire can be cool

but, cabine kill in 2 shots and have 10 ammo = 5 kills
cpistol in in 3 slow busts

I think this gun could be better as a secondary weapon.
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 11, 04:57PM)wolfbr Wrote:
(07 Sep 11, 08:54AM)Orynge Wrote:

but, cabine kill in 2 shots and have 10 ammo = 5 kills
cpistol in in 3 slow busts

I think this gun could be better as a secondary weapon.

Dude, it hasn't been balanced yet. C-Pistol isn't even in the foreseeable future.
Thanks given by:
i've also downloaded beta version and was wondering....
will map be fixed in next version...
cuz i noticed LOOOTS of glitches in over half official maps....
kinda don't look really responsive that we ban all those crap maps while we have glitched maps called official maps

(btw no offense guys... just something i noticed ;))
Thanks given by:
You know... you could just, post screenies so there is some possibility for something to happen >_<
Thanks given by:
We got a bunch of map-fix-suggestions - screenies provided, like Ronald_Reagan suggests - before the previous release. RandumKiwi took the maps through their paces and fixed (where possible/feasible) ..
.. it's always more easy to simply complain, but actually putting in some effort yourself to improve the project is something exceptional. Sad, but true.
Thanks given by:
ok i can do that... no problem... i just say... it's also sad that we're playing glitched maps for like... idk.... almost a year now?
but no problem....
i'll make the screenies :)
i've actually started doing that long be4 i even posted that ^^

PS sorry for the tone in the previous post ^^"
wasn't meant so offensive
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 11, 07:49PM)Milandrag Wrote: ok i can do that... no problem... i just say... it's also sad that we're playing glitched maps for like... idk.... almost a year now?
but no problem....
i'll make the screenies :)
i've actually started doing that long be4 i even posted that ^^

PS sorry for the tone in the previous post ^^"
wasn't meant so offensive

Good luck! Got dozens of glitches and bugs on those official maps!
Figured they would check for that sort of thing, beforehand. :D

Thanks given by: