VC editing
How can I edit my voice commands so that when for example I say "Nice shot" the message will say one thing or another thing, as opposed to just the same message every time? I've seen it done but when I try doing it myself it never works out. I already know how to edit voice commands but not to the extent that I can make a voice command with only one written message (such as nice shot) have two.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1071.html
Thanks given by:
I think what I'm trying to do involves touching the ["] signs.
Thanks given by:
The single entries have the following format:
genvcitem LIST_TEXT LIST_SOUND KEY
So, if you want to have multiple possible text-outputs for the same sound, you could use something like this:
genvcitem ["Hold position!" "Hold here!" "Stay here!"] [stayhere stayhere stayhere] 3
See how I just made the list of sounds the same length as the list of strings, but it just repeats the same value in the second list.
Thanks given by:
Or, for an alternative/simplistic keybind, use the command "voicecom" along with appropriate arguments. Keybind that for ease of use.
Example:
bind "F8" [voicecom gogetemboys [Time to PAR-TAY!]]
The first voicecom argument is the file name, minus the file extension. You can find a list of all the voicecoms in your AssaultCube directory: \packages\audio\sounds\voicecom
The second argument is in brackets or quotes, and contains what you want to have displayed when the voicecom sounds. If it is a voicecom pertinent to your team, the text is automatically made team-chat.
Thanks given by: