What do you think of my map
Hi all friends im new on this forum im present now my new map :P Whats do you think of my map ???

Here Link to File : http://www.mediafire.com/?09m6hr4pq6idv6i

Screenshoot :

[Image: stalingrad3.png]
By piterekxd at 2010-09-22

[Image: stalingrad2.png]

[Image: stalingrad.png]
Thanks given by:
mmm Does it works on 1.1?? Looking at screenshots... I don't think so, too much opened area and the high ceil mean value seems more than 30 squares. Read the 1.1 mapping requirements
Thanks given by:
this is 1.0.4 i like on this version make maps :P
Thanks given by:
Have a look at your own FPS! It is 16. This map is unplayable. That's one of the reasons why such maps happen to be blocked by 1.1 servers, by the way.

You may have a look at this: Map editing
Thanks given by:
lol that looks pertty sweet
Thanks given by:
WQD 11500

Seriously, I'm beginning to accept the map requirements.
Thanks given by:
i cant help but notice your FPS man...16!!!
Thanks given by:
The idea of a yard is cool, but open areas kill AC.
Thanks given by:
I like it, but it wont work for ac. A good map example is ac_inca (my personal beliefs) and the standard ac maps. Just take a look at what they have in them.
Thanks given by:
is 16 fps bad lol? I thought lower was good
Thanks given by:
The higher the better. For me, anything below 100 is pretty bad.
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 10, 02:23AM)ImaCripple Wrote: is 16 fps bad lol? I thought lower was good
Type /maxfps 5 and see. Lower WQD, WVT and EVT are good. Though they do depend on graphics quality and resolution.
Thanks given by:
24 or lower is bad, anything above is not framey.
Thanks given by:
I usually have like 40 or 50 fps
Thanks given by:
btw, I love your crosshair!
Thanks given by:
I do like the detail. Very nice.
As for FPS, for some reason mine always stays between 30-70. Even when I put /maxfps 5, it goes to a flat 60. Not that I need it to go any lower...
Thanks given by:
It's good apart from what it does to my frame rate. It's shame you couldn't play this or maps like it in 1.1
Thanks given by:
Maybe the buildings are good ideas but you chose the wrong game.
When i see your wqd - wvt - fps i don't think that we can play on
Thanks given by:
your first step is OK, keep interest in discovering AC mapping, don't take serious bad feedbacks (some people just compensate here their sucking reality), you need to take your ideas, visions and fit them to AC gameplay more. It is good you map by your head and don't follow tutorials leading you to ac_complex2 which would be everytime with 2 :P
Thanks given by:
(28 Sep 10, 12:10AM)Alien Wrote: [...] don't take serious bad feedbacks [...]

I have to admit the negative critics weren't much of a help in this case, but please don't put it down like that.

You need to know what you're doing wrong in order to do it right the next time, in other words: to improve.

The official mapping guide is by no means a tutorial for producing ac_complex-clones, but explains the editor and the capabilities and limits of the cube engine. If you ignore this information you're forced to fail.

In fact, if people read it more seriously we wouldn't have to explain all the same basic stuff (like huge open areas don't work with the cube engine) again and again and could give more helpful feedback.
See, it's like you can have the nicest rooftop on a building and praise it day and night. But as long the basement isn't solid it's going to collapse sooner or later. A 10k+ WQD is anything but a solid basement for a map.
Thanks given by: