What's the point of having a clan?
What's the point in joining or being in a clan? You don't really benefit from it.
Thanks given by:
Camaraderie and interclan matches.
Thanks given by:
Well you do, you gain more respect if you join a well known respected clan.
You gain a strong bond with your clan that can teach you tips and tactics.
You can help your clan and they can help you with things you don't know / understand.
You can have clan matches to earn more respect.
I could go on for hours but I think this will make you understand.
Thanks given by:
when you join a clan its like joining a team, a group

your all just people playing a game together to have fun and play against other clans
you don't have to join a clan to make friends with people that play the game though, or to play inter clan matches

its all about being a part of something special
Thanks given by:
Join a clan gives you heaps more fun then just playing on public servers all day, plus you gain shit loads of skill playing in clan matches
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 10, 09:41AM)BULL3T Wrote: Well you do, you gain more respect if you join a well known respected clan.
You gain a strong bond with your clan that can teach you tips and tactics.
You can help your clan and they can help you with things you don't know / understand.
You can have clan matches to earn more respect.
I could go on for hours but I think this will make you understand.

Well respected? Anyone can change their names to some guy who is already well respected to feel well respected and looked up to.
Thanks given by:
Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.

A lot of people join the military and *then* become disciplined and fit.

etc.etc.

Being surrounded by respectable people can turn you into one.
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 10, 11:33AM)OfficeJunky Wrote: Well respected? Anyone can change their names to some guy who is already well respected to feel well respected and looked up to.
yer, and then get then get there ip blacklisted.
Thanks given by:
MY CLAN BAD, MY CLAN HOOD, MY CLAN DO STUFF THAT YO CLAN WISH IT COULD
Thanks given by:
After a long day you come among people you know, have fun with, and play games together as a team. Belong somewhere...

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 10, 11:56AM)P@ndel Wrote: After a long day you come among people you know, have fun with, and play games together as a team. Belong somewhere...

P@ndel
f1

Gh@stE_
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 10, 11:33AM)OfficeJunky Wrote: Well respected? Anyone can change their names to some guy who is already well respected to feel well respected and looked up to.
By doing that its called "Impersonating" and impersonating is a rule that isn't tolerated and will have your IP banned there for you will not get to enjoy your time at AC as you will be banned.
Thanks given by:
The point is; clan tags look sexy. That's why I'm in two clans, so I look double sexy.
Thanks given by:
Sometimes you get a good email address.
Thanks given by:
]:->
Thanks given by:
Brahma, I expected more of you.
Clan tags look good but only if they're short.
Thanks given by:
Clans are super-duper-fun-pialodocious. They are pretty fun to be in when the people are nice.

[offtopic]Don't worry Brahma, I'm sure Gibstick thinks a lot of things look good only if they're short. :P

Jk, jk. [/offtopic]
Thanks given by:
It just makes the game so much more fun. Playing in the pubs is fun for a while, but then you kind of get bored. I'm in a really friendly clan, we talk on Vent (as well as with our best buddies at iOD) and it just makes the game so much more fun.

Nothing like hearing your mate yell into his microphone as you teabag him. :)
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 10, 10:04PM)Brahma Wrote: ]:->

spam
Thanks given by:
It's all about fun. Dude, you'll have tonns of fun!
Thanks given by:
It is fun to be surrounded by people who care about you (as long as your on the floor dead with their head-shot, lol) I enjoy talking with my clan on Teamspeak and in-game through chat or VoIP. Though my clan is mainly made up of old (wise?) men, I do enjoy being around. Plus, there are plenty of us kids around to bug them!
Thanks given by:
Playing in inters and clan-matches is fun, and much more entertaining than playing on pubs all day long.

Being in a clan also enhances your virtual lifestyle, making you feel that you belong somewhere in the gaming community.
Thanks given by:
A group that tags together frags together.
Thanks given by:
...........HA
Thanks given by:
There is no point to a clan really. You don't gain any experience from it. Its just a way of showing power.Clans originally were just a way of recognizng people in a social group or people who tend to play together.....
Thanks given by:
..... Said the guy without a clan.

Gratz on your first post!
Thanks given by:
Have not read the previous posts, but here is my contribution:

Something to rally behind, or a group
If the clan has an IRC channel, a spot to converse freely and be accepted for your skills
Comradeship
Removal of boredom, for the most part
Partaking in clan matches, resulting in a spike in skill, usually
Introduction to the best players
Perspective
Organization
Your contributions can be noticed more
A hub for intel and information

The list goes on. Just enjoy the game; there is no pressure to join a clan, but it is recommended; however, I may be biased, as I am leader of oNe d:
Thanks given by:
Clans are noobs!!!
Thanks given by:
BIG FAAAAAT NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
also it maker u look moar 1337 so peeps d0nt fink u R teh n00bz! Das wai I haver 2 clan tagz, so I look dubble 1337!
Thanks given by: