Poll: Which statement is most true:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I exclusively or almost exclusively play T/OSOK
10.20%
5 10.20%
I play other modes, but play T/OSOK regularly
30.61%
15 30.61%
I do not regularly play T/OSOK
59.18%
29 59.18%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you only play T/OSOK?
I'm finding out how many people exclusively or largely play T/OSOK for personal curiosity and future planning reasons. Vote! :D

(Team One Shot One Kill and One Shot One Kill)
Thanks given by:
Sorry Jack, but this couldn't be more pointless. Just have a look at your serverlister and you'll know best...
Thanks given by:
I'm not around to see trends at all hours of the day.
Thanks given by:
Most noobs start out with tosok (like I and many people I know did) because it's the easiest to understand and to kill people there. Then they either quit or move on to play the real game, for example when they try to join a skilled clan. see our application forum for samples of this ( www.mysick.tk ).
Thanks given by:
So people don't consider T/OSOK a legitimately skillful game per se? It's just where the noobs hang on the pubs until they can hack it at CTF?
Thanks given by:
I almost never play TOSOK. Why? Because it's always, really ever f***in' time TOSOK on desert. Seriously, people, it's no fun any more!
Thanks given by:
^TOSOK on desert is fucking classic. Thats why its always TOSOK on desert.

Tbh if you find a good tosok server with skilled and friendly players you can sit there for hours.
At least that was the case in 93.
Nowadays its just brazilians kicking people for killing them and kicked players coming back and kicking brazilians and stupid fuckers camping in all the possible corners. And general assholes.
Thanks given by:
^ You took the words right out of my mouth

hot summer night
Thanks given by:
It's no fun anymore cus half of your teammates are camping, and 3/4 are cheating. And they're all lagging.
Thanks given by:
I actually prefer tosok on ac_arid and arctic. 1v1 on ac_Arid is epic.
Thanks given by:
hell no. only tosok no. i would say I play it like once each month tbh. can't stand the 10 brazilians calling everyone campers if they stop moving for 3 seconds and laggers and kicking everyone when they can't realize that the problem may perhaps be the position of their country in the map, and the location of the server :)
Thanks given by:
Nope. I used to be a TOSOK noob like this

1) Camper Noob F1 F1 F1 F1 (these votes actually get passed)
2) Gets Headshotted* CHEATER. Impossible to get headshots
3) Game ends* ac_desert TOSOK Vote.

Only play it on hi-skill where I have admin and can control the votes.
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 02:20PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Sorry Jack, but this couldn't be more pointless. Just have a look at your serverlister and you'll know best...

Yes, will be pointless if everybody reacts like you...

To answer to the thread, well newcomers often player t/osok modes first, so I think there will always be many players playing this modes.

[my2cents]
A server with lot of tosok and a bit of flags mode sometimes could help this guys to have fun on AC and discover new game modes :)
[/my2cents]
Thanks given by:
iCTF :)
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 12:54PM)Jack Wrote: I'm finding out how many people exclusively or largely play T/OSOK for personal curiosity and future planning reasons.

dont make a tosok tourny
Thanks given by:
I only play TOSOK with my shotgun.

a tosok with flags would be great.
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 10, 07:01AM)yata Wrote:
(20 Sep 10, 12:54PM)Jack Wrote: I'm finding out how many people exclusively or largely play T/OSOK for personal curiosity and future planning reasons.

dont make a tosok tourny

That would probably be kind of cool, but I was thinking more along the lines of a T/OSOK clan for people with especial interest in those modes. There doesn't seem to be much support for it though.
Thanks given by:
if anything i try to avoid it. its not that iots bad, i just prefer TDM or CTF.
Thanks given by:
Used to play TOSOK back when I didnt appreciate CTF.
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 10, 11:36PM)Acropolips Wrote: Used to play TOSOK back when I didnt appreciate CTF.

Hehe same here :P Though it is nice to hang around in des/Tosok once in a while :)

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
I play TOSOK regularly, but when I started in AC it was all I played :P
Thanks given by:
if you had a tosok clan, so only really having people who desert TOSOK whore all day, who would clan match against? you'd have to play CTF at some point

could work, if you dont want to play clan matches
Thanks given by:
Yeah, good point. I had in mind something more like getting together and refining the nuanced techniques of t/osok etc.

Teach the quickscopers to noscope and the noscopers to quickscope, teach the campers how to run, etc.
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 10, 05:49AM)yata Wrote: if you had a tosok clan, so only really having people who desert TOSOK whore all day, who would clan match against? you'd have to play CTF at some point

could work, if you dont want to play clan matches

not really, i saw some time ago a tosok desert tourney where clan matches was desert tosok with switched sides and not others.
Thanks given by:
Well, sorry that I've replied that harsh straight away, but I honestly don't get this. Why would anyone limit himself to one game mode like this?

Actually, there used to be a clan which almost only played TOSOK and in fact they hardly ever got anywhere on other modes, since they weren't able to deal with the other guns. I can' remember the clan name, but I know a lot of people got annoyed by them, because they have been voting desert/TOSOK all the time on public servers.
Thanks given by: