My take on updates.
Hi everyone, I would like to say my take on the version 1.1.

First, I love the Carbine. It's a great addition to the game.

Second, I disagree in the strongest but polite terms, with the "map quality" requirements that don't appear in the original Assault Cube version. For one thing, I loved playing on Headshot City and in the Two Towers map. Now I can't anymore. ---___---

Please get rid of the seemingly pointless requirements so that some really good maps can be played again.

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
First off, your name won't get you much respect
Second, the developers chose that those "crap maps" bring a bad name top their game so they banned them.
Thanks given by:
KN!F3, firstly, my name is for a joke.

Seems to me apart of the purpose of a computer game is to escape from reality. I'm personally fine with a map not following physics in a 100% manner once in a while.

Let the free market decide what's a "crap map" and what isn't. XD
Thanks given by:
AC doesn't follow physics, it follows AC physics. So, it makes sense to create maps that follow AC physics and are reasonable for AC physics.
Thanks given by:
I want my own physics! I wanna walk on da ceiling, ffs! Why will that nazi gravity not let my do this? Dictators!
Thanks given by:
I wanna wall jump xD
And throw knifes!
But all the knifes are glued to our hands
Thanks given by:
Headshotcity, TwinTowers, and all the other crap maps are disallowed not just because they are poor quality but because the engine is not built for these maps. They have huge, open spaces that drag low end equipment through the mud. These maps drown the equipment the game was made for.
Thanks given by:
I've been trying to keep my opinions pent up on this subject, but I feel this may be a good chance to get it out of my system and be done with it, being the single thing I didn't liked about 1.1.

[rant]
Notice how many of these bigger maps were being played. Yes, the majority of them were indeed awful, but since that many people played them, that means a large portion of the community wants to be able to play them. The main arguement I've seen against these maps is that it "tarnishes the image of the game." The whole point of a game is to appeal to its players and make them happy. Trying to weed out the "bad" maps like this just seems like totalitarianism to me, with no regard for the community in its entirety.

If you don't like oversized maps, don't play them.
If you run a server and don't like them, ban them.
If someone votes one up, vote no and just find a new server if it passes.
It's not hard.

I never liked all the Twintowers/"Modern warfare 2 map"/Headshotcity maps either, but I always had a lot of fun sampling random custom maps people threw together and often rather enjoying myself.
[/rant]

I'm not trying to attack or offend anyone here, just peacefully voicing my opinion and letting off some steam.
Thanks given by: