Own music
How can I add my own music?
I replaced the old music by my own (didnt change the file name), but i didnt hear anything
the same happened when i registered it
Thanks given by:
You must convert the music in .ogg
Thanks given by:
Ya, and make sure the file names are exactly the same.
I have Super Smash Bros Melee music for my one minute left song, alongside a Tom Waits song. I also have They're Red Hot done by the RHCP as my flag music. Pretty great.
Thanks given by:
What was the encoding/container?
(standard mp3, ogg vorbis, ...)
Thanks given by:
.ogg vorbis but i think it work with wave sounds (im not sure but i know that some weapon on akimbo have wave sound as weapon sound)
Thanks given by:
The file format and file name MUST be same as that of the original music file.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
.ogg and .wav are working. file name must ofc be the same and if the length of the sounds fits too it would be even better!
Thanks given by:
Yes, length is pretty good to have (I found them to be around 1 minute long, and 1:30 minutes long)
Thanks given by:
The file extension doesn't matter as long as it's ogg or wav. This is because the CubeScript command that calls them up only uses the first part of the name, and lets the game determine whether it's ogg or wav.
Feel free to peruse the music included in my Assault Your Ears mod.
Thanks given by:
I like to use audacity because it's a good freeware app for mac users. I have a sped up version of 7 nation army as my flag song.

Oh wait I don't play with sound, even hough i have made soundmods. Talk about a double standard... -__-

WHALE.
Thanks given by:
Didn't know you could do this! So getting on it right now.
Thanks given by:
I have a menu setup to list all the songs Ina directory that have a .ogg extension. I should upload it sometime. Also, a very handy tool for converting to ogg is format factory
Thanks given by:
I have supersmash bros melee target song as one song. Forgot the other two because I dont play with sound :P
Thanks given by:
Again I feel I should point out to those of you that keep replacing vanilla-content-files with their own version that they're doing it wrong.
You have a game-home for your personal modifications, pass something via '--home=' to your AssaultCube binary and that directory's contents will override the vanilla-files.
So .. want a new menu - just put in config/menus.cfg into your game-home and restart AC .. got sick of it? Remove it from the game-home or just start using a different one - the vanilla-file is still there and everything will be working!
When you want to change media-files, the same applies - you can simply put in your own file (same filename) or you could actually also copy config/sounds.cfg, edit the lines where it loads the music and change the filename looked for there.
HTH
Thanks given by: