new gamemode - keep the base [source included!]
@mike
Except for the afk kick...
Thanks given by:
i tried and liked this mode.but an area in the middle of the map must be better because of respawn.
Thanks given by:
BTW, how does this work?
Revolver isn't working ("This is not a valid secondary weapon"), and I can't figure out how to start the game modes.

What's the bet I just sound like a noob, and there's a simple, straightforward answer.
Thanks given by:
sorry, I updated recently, now it's :
/setsecondary 1 for pistol
/setsecondary 10 for revolver ;)

Then, you must use a server for TKTB mode
to run it :
/mode 16
/map yourmap

or do
/alias tktb [mode 16; map $arg1]
and then
/tktb yourmap

(the map need flags)

But revolver is just a test, it may bugs a bit with the server.
Revolver should be tried against bots atm :p
Thanks given by:
Yep.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-946-post-...l#pid15493
Thanks given by:
Luc@s: interesting ideas in there, I've just downloaded and quick-scanned the source.
3 tiny things - #1: in clientgame.cpp your list of modes is missing "iCTF" and #2: you've included the hidden directories ".svn" in your ZIP which is just bloat, finally #3: your protocol is changed (thanks!) but you should've gone negative (as the comment says) for a MOD .. your choice will collide with the next protocol update in the official release!
But hey, if that's all I can find (and I _always_ find something!!) that's really more compliment than reprimand - I hope you see it like that anyway ;-)
I'll give this mode a whirl, assuming it compiles w/o any changes to Makefile, which my initial check seems is almost certain. I haven't quite gotten the idea of "How To Play" these modes but I'll look into it more deeply and just try out some gaming experience which is always better than cold source analysis!
Thanks given by:
flowtron: sit in base, stay alive. You get points for being alive inside base, every few seconds (15 or something).
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 03:32PM)flowtron Wrote: Luc@s: interesting ideas in there, I've just downloaded and quick-scanned the source.
3 tiny things - #1: in clientgame.cpp your list of modes is missing "iCTF" and #2: you've included the hidden directories ".svn" in your ZIP which is just bloat, finally #3: your protocol is changed (thanks!) but you should've gone negative (as the comment says) for a MOD .. your choice will collide with the next protocol update in the official release!
But hey, if that's all I can find (and I _always_ find something!!) that's really more compliment than reprimand - I hope you see it like that anyway ;-)
I'll give this mode a whirl, assuming it compiles w/o any changes to Makefile, which my initial check seems is almost certain. I haven't quite gotten the idea of "How To Play" these modes but I'll look into it more deeply and just try out some gaming experience which is always better than cold source analysis!
thanks for your comments :)
I made it for on testing purposes, so yes it's not perfect. I will try to make another release taking everything in consideration.
;)

And sorry if some files are missing and you can't compile :s I'll fix if you can't

For the game mode :

there is 1 zone / flag
if you enter the enemy zone, you score each 10 seconds (like TKTF but just by staying in base)
only 1 player can score at the same time
if you are 2 are more in the enemy base, and the scorer die, then the base is not "lost", the scorer just becomes another player in the enemy base ;)
Thanks given by:
this mode i found in sauer and wolfenstein but with flags - (capture the flag)

Some ideas for this mode or thinking:
1. warning that someone entered or is in your zone
2. warning that you enter to enemy zone
3. if you are in enemy zone, you are getting flag points
4. if you take flag in your zone, all enemies in your zone die and you got -1 flag
Thanks given by:
Fun would be if you get their flag and get it to your base then everyone (enemy) in other ZONE will die.
So you get 1 flag and 1-5 kills maybe if your lucky.
Instead of flag it can be a detonator.
Also a slow motion powerup that spawn every 3rd minute or so and that just set a gamespeed of 50 for everyone for 20 sec or so would be funny.
Thanks given by:
Matasar, that 'perk' would make easy hacks for people.
Thanks given by:
(27 Sep 10, 11:22PM)Alien Wrote: this mode i found in sauer and wolfenstein but with flags - (capture the flag)

Some ideas for this mode or thinking:
1. warning that someone entered or is in your zone
2. warning that you enter to enemy zone

3. if you are in enemy zone, you are getting flag points
4. if you take flag in your zone, all enemies in your zone die and you got -1 flag

that is already the case lol
did you try the mode ? ;)
Thanks given by:
put please these links to first post :), i was lazy to read next posts :P
i couldn't access to iaf.match server but it works on local server. Next i was surprised that game modes are server side, it looks like that modes can be inserted to cfg by some pseudo script language

probably zones should be greater (dependent for example on map size) and should be visible timer before scoring somewhere, in iCTF is funny to score, that 18 flags is crazy :P warning should be sound of alarm or sirens
Thanks given by:
they call it king of the hill in Hal0 1

Sounds like fun tho
Thanks given by:
sounds like king of the hill
Thanks given by:
I need help :D
I'm trying to draw a cylinder (with no bases, like a pipe so).
I made something but it doesn't work really well.

Look :

It first seems to work like I want :
[Image: 66bbd272c6d572b14aabfd5f537aea1eb6c0bf8a.jpeg]

But I can't see the full cylinder when I'm outside
[Image: 3544cd31abe6a8b33853f86f9f22d0a3b3c9b4a3.jpeg]

And I get strange glitches
[Image: 799d73eef323da9dd0ba77f583feb96c13daa34e.jpeg]

I tried to change glDepthFunc type, but it didn't work... :/

Does someone have an idea ?

Here is the code
cylinder function
cylinder call

Thanks ;)
Thanks given by:
The weird glitches may well be down to OpenGL state change, so try using glPushAttrib()/glPopAttrib around your code - glDepthFunc is best left alone, all it does is control how the Z-buffer info is used (all you ever use really is "less" or "less-or-equal" at frame setup, unless you're doing funky tricks).

The inside/outside thing is easy - polygon rendering is normally one-sided, ie you only see stuff facing you. You *could* just glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE) which would render regardless of which way the polygons face, but that may well look unacceptable as the back and front sides can/will overlap.

Best way imho would be to render the cylinder as "inside" or "outside" depending on where the player is - set glFrontFace() accordingly before calling the cylinder function (and restore it afterwards).
Thanks given by:
Ty a lot !
I managed to draw the cylinder even if the camera is outside :)

But I'm still trying to fix the strange bug... I will tell you if I fail or not ;)

EDIT : I failed :/ even saving everything :/ models behind the cylinder get buggy :/
Thanks given by:
No idea ?
Thanks given by:
Try posting the new code - the old one didn't disable/restore glBlend state but that might not be relevant anymore. Would also be good if you could post more screenshots + closeups of a few example glitches, seems there's a bit of detail behind the blocky patches but I can't see well enough. The fact that those glitches are apparently in screen (post-transform) space *and* related to models (which are obviously in world space) is fairly confusing.

Also try calling the cylinder code at the end of frame rendering (ie after all other GL code is done), at that point it really shouldn't mess up anything. Fairly weird, given that your GL code really doesn't do anything fancy at all.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 05:00PM)GeneralDisarray Wrote: Try posting the new code - the old one didn't disable/restore glBlend state but that might not be relevant anymore. Would also be good if you could post more screenshots + closeups of a few example glitches, seems there's a bit of detail behind the blocky patches but I can't see well enough. The fact that those glitches are apparently in screen (post-transform) space *and* related to models (which are obviously in world space) is fairly confusing.

Also try calling the cylinder code at the end of frame rendering (ie after all other GL code is done), at that point it really shouldn't mess up anything. Fairly weird, given that your GL code really doesn't do anything fancy at all.
Thanks for your help.

New code :
cylinder function

What's happening :
We can see a darker zone near models that are behind the cylinders. They appear but they are hardly visible :

[Image: 065be8c704481ef78958a2e1963d7493697ef325.jpeg]

Ty again
That works now, ty
Thanks given by:
I think 3 guys should become dev: General Disarray, Luc@s and Kirin
Thanks given by:
I agree about Gen Dis, Luc@s, and I dont know Kirin.
But I was thinking the same thing.
Thanks given by:
I love it :) And the revolver. Unfortunately, when I ran a server and connected to it, I couldn't use the revolver as my secondary. It doesn't give me any error messages or "unknown command" however. Just sticks with the pistol no matter what I do. But it was still fun against bots :)

Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 10, 03:39AM)Brahma Wrote: I think 3 guys should become dev: General Disarray, Luc@s and Kirin

[Image: fleur%20de%20vanille.gif]

DEKiMA Wrote:I love it :) And the revolver. Unfortunately, when I ran a server and connected to it, I couldn't use the revolver as my secondary. It doesn't give me any error messages or "unknown command" however. Just sticks with the pistol no matter what I do. But it was still fun against bots :)

Yes, it was not ready for multiplayer mode. I fixed it.

If you want new package (just extract and paste all the files in your install folder, then run assaultcube_tktb.bat in your installation directory - yes, windows only ATM)

(sources will come later) :

Download ( http://iafclan.free.fr/mods/e/TKTB.zip )
(the weapon model was made long time ago by http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php...colt#p1061, it doesn't really fit with the weapon, but I'm too noob to do the graphic part)
Thanks given by:
Luc@s, if you want mac packages, I figured out how to make them. I just need to know exactly what to put and them and what not. Also the source would be helpful...
Thanks given by:
Sure, we'll see together on IRC

---------

I added something new : now you can change default value of base "radius"; For example, if you want CLA base to have a radius of 25 (instead of 30, the default value), you have to type :
/newent ctf-flag 0 25
when you are editing your map
For RVSF it's :
/newent ctf-flag 1 25

It will be really better to adapt bases to different maps :)
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 10, 08:15PM)Luc@s Wrote:
DEKiMA Wrote:I love it :) And the revolver. Unfortunately, when I ran a server and connected to it, I couldn't use the revolver as my secondary. It doesn't give me any error messages or "unknown command" however. Just sticks with the pistol no matter what I do. But it was still fun against bots :)

Yes, it was not ready for multiplayer mode. I fixed it.

If you want new package (just extract and paste all the files in your install folder, then run assaultcube_tktb.bat in your installation directory - yes, windows only ATM)

(sources will come later) :

Download ( http://iafclan.free.fr/mods/e/TKTB.zip )
(the weapon model was made long time ago by http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php...colt#p1061, it doesn't really fit with the weapon, but I'm too noob to do the graphic part)

So this works with multiplayer? (I get a 404 error when trying to download it by the way)

Oh and the model is still pretty cool. It fits well with the speed of firing and the "feel" of the recoil. If you can get in touch with the author, he may make a good candidate for making the next model.
Thanks given by:
Sorry yes I made a mistake in package name !
Anyway, I want to finish a new gamemode first (based on the first).
(soon) :)
Thanks given by:
Updated with a new mode. TKTZ. Same with teams, but with only 1 zone to keep, where the FFA flag was placed by the mapper (I added a new type of map).

->

1) download http://iafclan.free.fr/mods/e/release.zip
2) unpack everything in your installation directory of Assault cube
3) you have to run "assaultcube_tktb.bat" in your installation directory.
4) /help in game for more informations
5) You can start your server with server_tktb.bat

In TKTB, bases are delimited by a cylinder :

[Image: 4.jpg]

You can choose the size of base you want for each flag, as you can see : (but you have to edit the map)

[Image: 3.jpg]

In TKTZ, there is only 1 zone, placed from a 3rd flag type

[Image: 2.jpg]

In TKTZ, a yellow cylinder delimits the zone to keep, and the flag is same as KTF flag

[Image: 5.jpg]

EDIT : mistake
Thanks given by: