Fog for map
hey so im trying to find out how i set fog for a map, so when someone joins the map the fog is already 1024.

does anyone know how i would do that?
Thanks given by:
type "/fog X" in game or put "fog X" in the CFG of your map
Thanks given by:
Changing the fog for a map is a command executed within a maps .cfg file. The input method is unlike that for light and watercolor, in the fact that it is a hexadecimal color code. To those that don't know much, or even anything about what that is, it's the 16^6 colors in the 48-bit color coding system (16,777,216 for those mathy people out there :D). If you are even more lost now than you were before reading this post, there are websites such as this one that list them for you and that can help you come up with one for your map.

:)

or you could just copy one from an official map... -__-

edit: WHALESSSSSSSSSSSSSS DAMN I SPENT TIME ON THAT.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if he wanted to know the color...
Thanks given by:
Lol i didn't see the second part earlier. :P
Thanks given by:
I have for sure done that before...
Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 10, 03:11AM)Viper Wrote: Changing the fog for a map is a command executed within a maps .cfg file. The input method is unlike that for light and watercolor, in the fact that it is a hexadecimal color code. To those that don't know much, or even anything about what that is, it's the 16^6 colors in the 48-bit color coding system (16,777,216 for those mathy people out there :D). If you are even more lost now than you were before reading this post, there are websites such as this one that list them for you and that can help you come up with one for your map.

:)

or you could just copy one from an official map... -__-

edit: WHALESSSSSSSSSSSSSS DAMN I SPENT TIME ON THAT.

Mmmh if you copy the .cfg from an official map and if this official map use differents textures or sounds or mapmodels or skymaps or fogcolour.....?

I think you shouldn't do this like that ;)

Just put "fog X" at the end of the .cfg of your map.
Thanks given by:
Im talking about the hexadecimal color code for the fog color. This apparently does not apply at all to the situation (lol panther) but if, for instance, you wanted a sandy-toned fog for your map, you could copy the hexadecimal code from ac_desert.
Thanks given by: