Bullpup - AC Assault mod/skin
First assault skin I've made, it's based off of a Keltec RFB bullpup rifle chambered in .308 Winchester
I've animated the bolt to move while shooting (actually it's just a charging handle but it looks cool)

[Image: KvdI93b.png]
And I'm delaying the revolver model again :p
I was going to animate my previous Double Barrel shottie model so that new shells are inserted after every shot, but it had too many meshes and I'd have to completely re-make the textures (again)

Anyways, the model is delivered with all the models (fps, menu, world), textures for the team script and a brand new hand model that I made. If someone needs a rigged hand model only for AC modding PM me

Team script link:
https://forum.cubers.net/thread-8884.html?

Mod download link:
https://mega.nz/#!tQ03lTyb!Mcb3xFIcEgCrm...vZ41Eh6fzo
Thanks given by: D3M0NW0LF , |HP|
I guess we all know what YOU have been doing this summer. ;)

But seriously, that's quite a lot of stuff which got released in a pretty hefty frequency. Finally, I get around to leave some feedback on your work.

The meshes are all very well constructed from a technical point of view and almost all of them are reasonably detailed while at the same time keeping the poly-count on a low level (the sniper-rifle not so much). There's a lot of typical beginner's mistakes to 3D modeling, of which I can't find any here. Good job in this department.

Of course, there's always some room to improve though. Some of the proportions don't seem to nail it 100% and here and there you might want to add some extra faces in order to let the bulky parts (e.g. body, stack) look a little more 'delicate'. In order to keep the poly-count as low as possible, you may want to delete all faces from the mesh which will never be seen in first person view for the final version of the model.

I assume you're using Blender's auto unwrap for UVs, which is arguably powerful but doesn't necessarily provide you with the best UVs possible. For now, it certainly does serve the purpose, but if you feel like taking things any further I recommend giving Ultimate Unwrap (www.unwrap3d.com) a try. That's software especially to lay out UVs for 3D models with a vast toolset making your life easier. In general, you would want to make use of the skin-texture best possibly, leaving as little unused areas and practically no redundant parts. For instance, you can use the same part of the skin for the left and right side of a magazine by arranging the UV-coordinates of both faces on the same part and mirroring the UV for one side.

Which brings us to the next big part in modeling. The skin. Frankly, the weakest part on your models so far. Unfortunately, I can't provide you with any clever advice here, as I never achieved a fully pleasing result myself. :) However, there's that software called Substance Painter (www.allegorithmic.com) I haven't worked with myself yet, but appears to be a standard tool in the industry and from what I understand makes skinning as easy as drawing right onto the 3D model. On the other hand, there used to be a Photoshop Plug-In for Blender, which might work just as well, especially if you keep using Blender's auto unwrap.

Anyway, good work so far! Keep it up!
Thanks given by: kemoni221
(30 Aug 18, 06:11PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: I guess we all know what YOU have been doing this summer. ;)

But seriously, that's quite a lot of stuff which got released in a pretty hefty frequency. Finally, I get around to leave some feedback on your work.

The meshes are all very well constructed from a technical point of view and almost all of them are reasonably detailed while at the same time keeping the poly-count on a low level (the sniper-rifle not so much). There's a lot of typical beginner's mistakes to 3D modeling, of which I can't find any here. Good job in this department.

Of course, there's always some room to improve though. Some of the proportions don't seem to nail it 100% and here and there you might want to add some extra faces in order to let the bulky parts (e.g. body, stack) look a little more 'delicate'. In order to keep the poly-count as low as possible, you may want to delete all faces from the mesh which will never be seen in first person view for the final version of the model.

I assume you're using Blender's auto unwrap for UVs, which is arguably powerful but doesn't necessarily provide you with the best UVs possible. For now, it certainly does serve the purpose, but if you feel like taking things any further I recommend giving Ultimate Unwrap (www.unwrap3d.com) a try. That's software especially to lay out UVs for 3D models with a vast toolset making your life easier. In general, you would want to make use of the skin-texture best possibly, leaving as little unused areas and practically no redundant parts. For instance, you can use the same part of the skin for the left and right side of a magazine by arranging the UV-coordinates of both faces on the same part and mirroring the UV for one side.

Which brings us to the next big part in modeling. The skin. Frankly, the weakest part on your models so far. Unfortunately, I can't provide you with any clever advice here, as I never achieved a fully pleasing result myself. :) However, there's that software called Substance Painter (www.allegorithmic.com) I haven't worked with myself yet, but appears to be a standard tool in the industry and from what I understand makes skinning as easy as drawing right onto the 3D model. On the other hand, there used to be a Photoshop Plug-In for Blender, which might work just as well, especially if you keep using Blender's auto unwrap.

Anyway, good work so far! Keep it up!

Regarding substance painter....
Using this is almost useless for pre 2003 game engines. Quake 2 and such texturing was based on using manual dodge and burn techniques...since he doesnt need specular , normals etc
There is render to texture (3dsmax) or in blender (bake combined in cycles) method 
but its not worth the trouble, could just use textures from photos of guns like slow old man did and it looked perfectly fine.

But if he really wants to try a "texture generator" he should use the free dDO legacy edition (5 or 6 years old) from
https://support.quixel.se/hc/en-us/artic...DO-and-DDO-
Thanks given by: D3M0NW0LF