config file sending with version 1.1.0.1
i can't send a config file so other players get the same fog distance and same skymap if i uncomment one after commenting the original and renaming the file with a .cfg after it. i could get it to work in 1.0.4 what is the difference that i can't get it to work with the new ac? i am using windows vista and placing the .cfg file in the /packages/maps folder naming it the same as name of the .cgz file
Thanks given by:
When you /sendmap "mapnamehere" it should automatically send the corresponding cfg with it, no?
Thanks given by:
Yes it does Gibstick, problem possibly between the chair and the screen? :p
Thanks given by:
(14 Sep 10, 01:38AM)Gibstick Wrote: When you /sendmap "mapnamehere" it should automatically send the corresponding cfg with it, no?

no. not even when i renamed a different config file(with the iceflow sky uncommented) in my packages/maps/ folder the same name as the map name with .cfg it did change the sky in my map on my computer but not the other people's computers. i also made sure i had a brand new name for my map so that i wouldn't get a message saying i had to be admin to revise a map the server already had.
Thanks given by:
"it did change the sky in my map on my computer but not the other people's computers."

Do the other players have the skymap, as in is it a custom sm?
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 10, 02:55PM)Bullpup Wrote: "it did change the sky in my map on my computer but not the other people's computers."

Do the other players have the skymap, as in is it a custom sm?

no ... it is one of the ones you can choose by uncommenting after commenting the one you don't want..

this may be more productive... if anyone has 2 computers with assault cube 1.1.0.1 on both.... copy a map that also has a cfg file in your packages/maps folder. rename the mapfile(.cgz). then copy and rename the .cfg file after changing the sky by commenting the existing sky and uncommenting another sky of your choice. dont forget to save changes too. then go to a 1.1.0.1 server that allows you to /sendmap then vote it in. (most recently there is one that has "SPAIN" in the description that allows only 6 players and is usually empty) then once your map is voted in get on your other computer and join the game. is the sky the same on both computers?
Thanks given by:
what happened in the immediate post above this one is that the sky only changed on the first computer.
Thanks given by:
(14 Sep 10, 04:51AM)Bukz Wrote: Yes it does Gibstick, problem possibly between the chair and the screen? :p

That might possibly be the most boss statement ever posted on this forum.
Thanks given by:
Bad news, I got the same problem.
Thanks given by:
Yes, I just checked this report - BTW: good report, including all the things you tried out and the explicit method to reproduce it ... if only all bug-reports were as concise :-)

Anyway - the bug exists! I've just uploaded a fix.
A work-around until this is available to you in a SVN-binary or even a release .. and I know, it's tedious, but that's "work-around" for you, it entails "work" :-/ ... well:
  1. sendmap MAP_X (if not in COOP it will only send the map!)
  2. coop MAP_X
  3. sendmap MAP_X
  4. coop MAP_X
  5. getmap
Possibly the 2nd "coop" call may be omitted, I didn't test that, but include it to be sure.
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 02:49PM)flowtron Wrote: Yes, I just checked this report - BTW: good report, including all the things you tried out and the explicit method to reproduce it ... if only all bug-reports were as concise :-)

Anyway - the bug exists! I've just uploaded a fix.
A work-around until this is available to you in a SVN-binary or even a release .. and I know, it's tedious, but that's "work-around" for you, it entails "work" :-/ ... well:
  1. sendmap MAP_X (if not in COOP it will only send the map!)
  2. coop MAP_X
  3. sendmap MAP_X
  4. coop MAP_X
  5. getmap
Possibly the 2nd "coop" call may be omitted, I didn't test that, but include it to be sure.

hey thank you flowtron. and thank you too gibstick. and one question exists for me. besides that work-around does it possibly work normally if you have 1.1.0.1 with another operating system ? that's been my next attempt over the past couple weeks and as of last weekend successfully installed and running ubuntu linux(yes got ac1.1.0.1 working with it after a little work solved by search engine and forum searching) but haven't tried to send a map with it yet. will experiment soon. assault cube is one of the greatest wonders of the world thanks to the developers and community..the forum... open source ..etc.
Thanks given by:
No, the bug is platform independent - the fix too.
Thanks given by:
thank you so much for including this bug fix in the 1.1.0.3 release. it's fixed and i am very happy with 1.1.0.3.
Thanks given by: