DNS issues
So I am hosting multiple servers on my raspberry pi, and as soon as I configured my DNS for my apache server running on the same unit I have not been able to get my servers to connect to the master server. Now I did create service reports on the DNS as well and still have the same issue. I can manually connect to it via the domain plus ports and on the server it self it is stuck on "looking up ms.cubers.net:28760..." in which in about 30 or so minuets it retries. 

I am just trying to fix this issue does anyone have a clue where I can get started?
Does the server application generate error logs for me to look at?

my main server: undeadhouse.club:4519
It just isn't showing up in the masterserver listing and I am just trying to either find out how to fix it or why it isn't working.
Thanks given by:
Have you forwarded the ports on your router?
Thanks given by:
(21 May 18, 05:17AM)Boomhauer Wrote: Have you forwarded the ports on your router?

Yes, I have had it forwarded and I just checked again to make sure router config isn't messed up.
Thanks given by:
ipconfig /flushdns
If that doesn't help, maybe your DNS is having issues. What DNS are you using?
Thanks given by:
Did that already.
I'm using cheapnames dns. I already setup the service properly on it. I might have to just have to recompile the whole game again like I had to for a few other games. To get it to work on the pi zero you have to alter the source code slightly and that could be another issue there.
Thanks given by:
Your server is banned because it doesn't have working armour or HP pickups. Probably therefore MS doesn't respond.
Thanks given by: Boomhauer , 1Cap
(24 May 18, 07:09PM)grenadier Wrote: Your server is banned because it doesn't have working armour or HP pickups. Probably therefore MS doesn't respond.

Thanks for letting me know what is going on, I'm sure why those are not working.  But then again I had to jump through a lot of hoops getting it running on a raspberry pi zero w so any number of things could have broken that.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 18, 08:19PM)undeadbobop Wrote: I had to jump through a lot of hoops getting it running on a raspberry pi zero

any details on that?
Thanks given by:
(26 May 18, 07:36AM)stef Wrote:
(25 May 18, 08:19PM)undeadbobop Wrote: I had to jump through a lot of hoops getting it running on a raspberry pi zero

any details on that?

https://web.archive.org/web/201711062035...pberry-pi/

Orignally I followed that guide,

But it really is only a extension guide for  the steps in another guide:

https://developer-blog.net/en/assault-cu...pberry-pi/

Since then quakeonlan took their site down because of fear of the new EU law that really doesn't apply the way he think it does. (Reason I had to use the way back machine to point out the guide)

Then  after following both guides I had to edit a round function in tools.h to compile mostly dealing with the round function which was causing errors simply based on the fact that its name is round. 

This is probably what broke it:

Now all you need to do is go to your tools.h, and rename the round() function to roundT.

The line looks like : static inline float roundT(float x) { return floor(x + 0.5f); }// generic useful stuff for any C++ program

Once doing that I had to then make and compile the server build on the raspberry pi, which can take anywhere between 12 hours easy, killing other background taskes may increase time but not by much.

I made a effort to try to write a guide, which now I will have to correct the whole thing pretty much.
Thanks given by:
These guides look broken...

Would you mind checking, if your selfcompiled binary actually depends on an enet shared lib? If it does, we'd really have to dig into how that happened...

(ldd native_server)
Thanks given by:
This is the output I get when looking at that:

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem.so (0xb6f4e000)
libenet.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libenet.so.2 (0xb6f26000)
libz.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so.1 (0xb6eff000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb6db7000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6 (0xb6d38000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb6d0b000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6 (0xb6bcc000)
/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0xb6f64000)

Your question I think applies to this :
libenet.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libenet.so.2 (0xb6f26000)

If not I am not sure exactly what you mean by shared lib when it is just a library or if I need a additional library.
Thanks given by: