New gema server
Hello,

I wish to host a gema server on the AssaultCube master server.
I do believe that gema can coexist in peace with the normal game.

Before spending money on the server I'd like to ask whether you would allow a new gema server to exist.

Best regards
wesen
Thanks given by: Million
(26 Mar 18, 09:27PM)wesen Wrote: Hello,

I wish to host a gema server on the AssaultCube master server.
I do believe that gema can coexist in peace with the normal game.

Before spending money on the server I'd like to ask whether you would allow a new gema server to exist.

Best regards
wesen

They are creating a new game. maybe the name Assault Cube continues to exist, maybe not ... Who decides is the so-called "King" and his minions ... It does not seem to be in the king's plans a server for Gema. In fact, a few coreligionists know the king's plans. That's why nothing anyone says will make a difference. Even it seems that the king wants to eliminate this kingdom and start a new one ... Who lives will see ...
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 18, 11:32PM)1Cap Wrote: They are creating a new game. ...

You are fucking delusional. Get help.

(26 Mar 18, 09:27PM)wesen Wrote: I wish to host a gema server on the AssaultCube master server.

did you read https://forum.cubers.net/thread-2677.html ?
Thanks given by:
Throughout the changes we have made have transformed this game into another game. IMHO. Many ppls have already said this in various ways ...
I believe you can not see it. The game is so limited that it even lost its essence ...
Okay so ... let's bring all the Gema servers back ... just take care not to have Nazi maps ... let the fun begin !!
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 18, 02:19PM)1Cap Wrote: Throughout the changes we have made have transformed this game into another game.

Changes like?

Regarding gema, the rule, that no servers with altered gameplay are allowed on the official masterserver is as old as the game. Unchanged.

Off-masterserver, you can run any changes you like. And the AC client has several hooks to integrate any server in the serverbrowser. Really easy hooks - providing full integration. No gema server owner ever bothered. Instead, they insist on having servers listed on the master, where players are kicked and banned for shooting others - in an egoshooter game. Ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
Not wanting to be offensive, but ... Gema is a game mode. This has been here on the masterserver for years and years! Simply put this option in the menu. Team pistol? OMG - Gema has the most beautiful AC maps. Many players simply love this game mode. Many went away together with this server ... why you people insist that the problem was a NAZI map ... Be honest! Your reasons are egononsense.
See. There are messages on the Gema server to not kill anyone. There are configs that can be made ...This servers were so good well configured! but no ... The main point here is not the fun ... Actually there is no main point, only power drills ...
Am I right? Certainly I am! just see what has reduced the number of players in game! I'm sure, no doubt about it. Every day fewer players. I am right. This community is right. The king and his followers are wrong. Simple by numbers. like 0011010 ... just browse servers in game... where's the ppls?
... But calm ... A new game is coming and everything will be as it was before ... a miracle will happen and everything will be fine ... It will be miracle bits! Just wait ...

"Changes like?"
Change in weapon power (balancing)!
Restricting maps.
Change in the grenades.
Haxjump.
Destruction of good clans. (not BoB)

No more Gema maps...
etc...
Thanks given by:
Hi
I think you left the main problem and you just focus on the side stuffs.
Why AC has this little community? Answer: No1 supports to make ac community bigger.
If we have a big community, so there would be too many master-servers with too many different gameplays and different rules, so if we find this community, we could avoid 99 percent of these argues, like gema or even other servers (aim-improving servers, knife-only servers, zombie mod servers, servers with special maports, coop servers etc... don't say killing in coop should be allowed and cause people change to edit-mode and avoid getting killed, we should removeservers have coop mod :| ugh, new challange for ya: remove coop mod from ac and ban servers support coop mod :| i think you could ban frag central servers :| wth ms! )
imo, ac community (from admins to players) totally don't care about having bigger community, so it would have advantages and disadvantages and the disadvantages are more, if you have a bigger community, you would have a bigger dev group and also more group of players and also bigger and easier ways to donate this game, so the community handling would be more easier and also you could ban these servers but no1 cares cause there would be lots of other MSs have these servers, even there would be no need to be on main ms for most of players.
Also I'm confused how you care a lot about banning servers have maps with low quality but there is no mapping group lol.. even you have no idea what they want, people vote an official map like ingress or gothic and you say "it's crap" .... idk why, maybe just to fight with match players vote those maps a lot, don't know why,,, other question: as an ms admin or dev, could you name the non-official maps you like? (else casa village tripoli dd2 ..) Have you made a folder to store your favorite non-official maps there or just when see people vote casa, you RQ or just use /gonext option instead of voting your favorite maps (or maps you think have best quality)? What are maps with best quality? Shrug
Thanks given by:
Quote:did you read https://forum.cubers.net/thread-2677.html ?

I know of that thread, but I also know that despite these rules gema servers were accepted on the master server until the ban of gema central 3.0 (for example .45 gema server, AoX gema server, Fad gema server, etc.).

Additionally when I checked the list of currently banned servers I saw that there are a few gema servers in the list, but they are not banned because of gameplay-affecting modifications but rather because of their maprots.
Thanks given by:
Since gema is not a game mode, despite 1Cap's nonsense claims, gema servers have to force players into abiding the "rules". This is necessary, because most players also don't think, that a non-shooting game mode makes sense.

Some servers are modded to disable damage (which is illegal on the MS) and others use admin abuse to enforce the rules (also illegal on the MS). In addition, most servers are locked to a gema maprot, so that users can't switch to regular games and maps (again, illegal on the MS).
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 18, 11:08AM)stef Wrote: Some servers are modded to disable damage (which is illegal on the MS) and others use admin abuse to enforce the rules (also illegal on the MS). In addition, most servers are locked to a gema maprot, so that users can't switch to regular games and maps (again, illegal on the MS).

The only problem in this list is the use of admin to kick/ban players.
I saw on one gema server that you could not spawn until you agree to follow the rules, would something like that be a compromise to allow kicks/bans?
Thanks given by: