How do you customize crosshairs?
I haven't done anything with modding on Assault Cube, but I want to create a custom crosshair for my scope. How do you do mod the scope crosshairs?
Thanks given by:
Dude its simple look in packages/misc look around!
Thanks given by:
Crosshairs are in the packages/misc/crosshairs folder ^^
Thanks given by:
This has been gone over so many times in older threads but anyways...

Get a program like GIMP or Photoshop
Make the PNG image the correct size (i.e. i believe its 33x33 or something like that from my crosshair making experiece)
place it in your crosshairs folder which is located in:
packages/misc

Great. Woop-dee-doo.

edit:

I can't even begin to tell you how much i don't mean to troll but anyways here are some examples that weren't that hard for me to get the link to because i made them.

note: click on the pictures for more detail and individual download.
Thanks given by:
I know is it so difficult? i wanna learn how to make my own gun. Like the shape. Viper can you help?
Thanks given by:
Any square size works, 32x32 is original, 64x64 works.
Thanks given by:
It doesnt matter. Just 32X32 is regualr!
Thanks given by:
O.k. I knew the basics of how to do it, but it turns out that using gimp doesn't work, unless I save the crosshair to the desktop, then manually move it to the crosshair folder. Thanks a lot!
Thanks given by:
Or you could use GIMP to "save as..." and choose the crosshair folder.

Also consider trying your hand at making an animated crosshair!
Thanks given by:
The idea is nice V-man and the pbjt is great but the practical uses of this script are not fully developed yet.
Thanks given by:
:D
I like how people like the pbjt. (oh, and the greenc)
Anyways, as I view it, to get it fully developed, just come up with ideas yourself! I enjoy a good challenge, and then there is the fact that you could also try your hand at it. I only copy-pasted v-mans code.
Thanks given by:
I just use MS Paint and that works :P
Thanks given by:
Quote:the practical uses of this script are not fully developed yet.
LOL?
I rawk that sh** on the daily, shimmy.
It does exactly what I want it to do, which is as "practical" as an AssaultCube crosshairs mod can get. What were you expecting, and how did it fall short enough to give it a "pooh-pooh?"
Thanks given by: