Experimental dev "SDL2" package for Mac OS X
*** Note: this package is for testing only, not for competitions and not for coopedit ***

Note: "/debugevents 0" disables debug informations related to mouse actions, clicks, etc., like for example:
EVENT 1025(SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN) button 1, state 1, clicks 1, x 0, y 0

Please test the experimental package for Mac, which bases on SDL2 instead of outdated SDL1.2 (tree: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/tree/831f8db - "experimental" branch: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/tree/experimental), and post following informations:

1. whether game runs and on what Mac version,
2. whether fullscreen works ("fullscreentoggle" command and entry in menu Settings->Video settings),
3. whether gamma changing works - for example "Set temporary gamma for this map" in menu Settings->Video settings,
4. whether system shortcuts like Alt+Tab work (of course Mac specific :)),
5. whether some crashes appear and when.

Note: "/debugevents 0" disables debug informations related to mouse actions etc.

Download: assaultcube_20171011_64_bit_SDL2_0_6.dmg

PS. New AC version has to base on SDL2, therefore this testing is needed, in order to find potential bugs etc.
Thanks given by: 1Cap , X-Ray_Dog This user is a dev/forum admin
It feels like it drops shots once and awhile. I was feeling it a lot with the sniper.

Is it possibly anti-cheat? I was playing on the Oxygen server with a decent amount of lag...
Thanks given by:
I don't know, maybe only impression, there shouldn't be such negative difference.

PS. So it works. :)
Thanks given by:
I posted link to new client (it should give helpful debug information in case of potential crashes).
Thanks given by:
It is dropping shots for sure. I can see the SDL events scroll by, but it won't shoot. It almost makes me think that I'm trying to shoot too fast, but I was finding I'd replicate this easiest with the pistol. I'll possibly look into the code about this.

It happens even locally, so its not some sort of anticheat.

In regards to your post:
1. whether game runs and on what Mac version.
Yes, OS: 10.12.5
2. whether fullscreen works ("fullscreentoggle" command and entry in menu Settings->Video settings)
Yes, although it doesn't wait for resetgl (awkward in the menus)
3. whether gamma changing works - for example "Set temporary gamma for this map" in menu Settings->Video settings,
Yes
4. whether system shortcuts like Alt+Tab work (of course Mac specific :)),
Yes
5. whether some crashes appear and when.
None yet
Thanks given by:
Because of new SDL2 release (2.0.6), I prepared new AC package for Mac and updated link in the first post, please test it too.

Edit: new version uploaded in 11.10.2017 (fixes problem with looking up).
Thanks given by: