Log on and play
Its curious why so many players want to be trolls or use hacks. I can not see the point of a flying hack or a spawn hack. All the same what simpleton, using youtube hacks, thinks that their clever and  that is fun IDK.

The issue I am really inquisitive about is that why is it that AC can not use a log on to play.
I mean a great deal of time has been invested in the forum log in. In truth, its bloody annoying but it works well.
I mean to say, surely it is not much to ask a player to log on as they would do in most online games anyway.
 If that player was given a unique key that only the Dev and the player know.
I know , "Oh theres a chance that someone may leave their computer on and someone else could play" , we have heard this before.  Given the state of the game atm, trolls, hacks and spam freaks all over the kingdom of Assaultcube, why on earth is  it not possible to give each player a unique key.

Whatever I feel sorry for the people who put great effort into this game to have their efforts trampled on by trolls etc.

Could someone advise me is it possible to implement this ?
Thanks given by:
1. Read the info about the next version.
2. See things from different perspectives (the "simpletons, using youtube hacks" don't see the point in taking a video game seriously).
3. Don't adapt to the 'bad'. Don't remove individual freedom. Don't centralize.
4. Try to become a more positive person.
Thanks given by: vector
I find that rather odd ExodusS, given the fact that I care about this game, as many of us do.  Being postitive is one thing , but surely their negativity is what needs to be controlled.
Put it this way if you played a game of cards and one of the players was constantly cheating or throwing cards on the floor. Would you want to play again?  I doubt it !

Myself I have TK many times, but never intentional. Also I have been TK myself a thousand fold. I always text "LOL" as most of the time its me being a bad player and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But I do appreciate your points of view. Also I am quite positive about what I see in AC.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 17, 04:25PM)vector Wrote: Its curious why so many players want to be trolls or use hacks.
People want creativity in the game to make and/or play big maps, etc..
When the creativity goes down in the game, then people find other ways to apply their creativity with external tools into the game to make it fun again.

Now when you talk about an email login system, what will stop trolls from making new emails every time they wanna troll, also take a look at whats happened to akimbo, its happened here to some degree, and will eventually happen to the game itself if the idea ever gets implemented.

Better to let the players decide how the game should be developed, or continue on and decentralize all those dependencies so you partially avoid the above from happening.
Thanks given by: vector
Hmm interesting but I did not intend an email log in. But a unique key given to registered players. Simular to most apps these days.

Player Log on Vector
Key wr24c457f

or simular too.
Idk I am only venturing on this as after this weekend of trolls and hacks, something has to be done to make the game playable again. The situatation deepens.

Yes your right creativity is a key factor, but thats another story is it not. ?
Regardless of what AC offers the underings will persist in destroying the fabric of enjoyment by the many, for the personal fun of a troll or whatever.

What I ask is a relevent question and in truth all I ask is could it be implemented, or could it be considered.
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 17, 09:32PM)vector Wrote: Hmm interesting but I did not intend an email log in.  But a unique key given to registered players.
[...]
What I ask is a relevent question and in truth all I ask is could it be implemented, or could it be considered.

Dev version already supports "unique key" feature, you can check the "next" branch to see, how it will look: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/tree/next (nowadays the keys aren't stored or managed remotely by MS).
Thanks given by: 1Cap , vector
Does that mean then that this will now be implented. It makes sense !
Thanks given by: