Poll: Would bomb defuse mode fit?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Affirmative.
52.38%
11 52.38%
Negative.
47.62%
10 47.62%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bomb Defuse in AC?
Bomb Defuse is a very addictive mode with strong emphasis on tactical teamplay. Who would like to see it in AC?
Thanks given by:
I'm on the fence about this one. I like it in CS. I don't know, would probably take a good deal of work. I wish I was better at coding stuff :(
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 16, 02:51PM)Boomhauer Wrote: I wish I was better at coding stuff
Same. Would have just made the mod and let people try it out.

Honestly, I think any FPS would benefit from defuse mode, be it Quake or Medal of Honour. I mean if you have various ffa, team, flag, lms modes, add a bomb defuse, it is no less awesome and will attract people from wider "fps school" variety.
Thanks given by:
I just say that a lot of people tried to add this kind of mode to AC, but there are people that dont want to get it and idk why. I think it would get more people to the game, cuz if we dont make changes, this game will be dead, or is it now?
Thanks given by:
I doubt game would be more popular by just changing it to another gamemode.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 16, 11:39AM)quico Wrote: I just say that a lot of people tried to add this kind of mode to AC, but there are people that dont want to get it and idk why. I think it would get more people to the game, cuz if we dont make changes, this game will be dead, or is it now?

it helps if you don't only post here but actually play the game as well
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+
I think most maps in AC are too small to support a bomb defuse mode
Thanks given by:
Imo, a fast-paced gamemode would be really fun in ac, like some servers in CS have bomb defuse modes that are really quick on smaller maps. I hsve no idea what its called or how to properly explain it but I've watched my friends play it. Essentially, one team spawns on the bomb site, plants it and within that bomb-time, the opposing team has to come in and defuse it. The next round starts immediately, so no boring death waiting times. That would solve the issue of too small maps and it would also be a more unique gameplay that would be fast.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 16, 05:33PM)al3rt Wrote: Imo, a fast-paced gamemode would be really fun in ac, like some servers in CS have bomb defuse modes that are really quick on smaller maps. I hsve no idea what its called or how to properly explain it but I've watched my friends play it. Essentially, one team spawns on the bomb site, plants it and within that bomb-time, the opposing team has to come in and defuse it. The next round starts immediately, so no boring death waiting times. That would solve the issue of too small maps and it would also be a more unique gameplay that would be fast.

Sounds like you're just describing the modded retake servers, they don't really run an official gamemode. Something like that could work in AC but I don't think it would really be necessary. The vast majority of people in CS who play on retake servers do so to practice retake scenarios in real games, not because they actually find it fun (since you more often than not spawn with random weapons/armour/gear and in random spots, and teams shuffle every round too so it hinders your ability to coordinate within a team). That isn't what attracts people to CS and I don't think it would do much for AC either besides being a novelty.

ps: come online on steam more skitstövel so I can boost you to supreme :D
Thanks given by:
I'm all for it. I've been playing CS and I love what it does to the tactics. I think it won't be the same without the real-time voice communication. Keys for left/right/center won't cut it. Anyone being serious will have to use a teamspeak or something. But yes, definitely do this however we can. I think it would add a great new dimension to the game, a lot more than adding just any game mode.

Now that I think of it, in AC it's a lot easier to run and gun than in CS, so I wonder if the AC bomb gameplay might still lean toward that, but I hope it will force at least some of the focused cooperation and caution that makes CS its own brand of fun.
Thanks given by:
Hey Kayan, i think its ok. Great idea. Please do it.
GG
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 16, 04:16PM)Robtics Wrote: I think most maps in AC are too small to support a bomb defuse mode
Ain't that a good reason to add larger maps to the game?

(20 Dec 16, 05:58AM)vonunov Wrote: > I'm all for it. I've been playing CS and I love what it does to the tactics.
> I think it would add a great new dimension to the game, a lot more than adding just any game mode.
My nigga! :D
(20 Dec 16, 05:58AM)vonunov Wrote: >Now that I think of it, in AC it's a lot easier to run and gun than in CS, so I wonder...
On larger more open maps you will think twice before running out in the open, when you represent a tactically significant unit, necessary to maintaining/gaining positional and firepower advantage. Imagine assaultcubelike narrow maps in CS: people would run and gun all over the place.
Thanks given by: vonunov
(20 Dec 16, 02:40PM)Kayan Wrote: Ain't that a good reason to add larger maps to the game?

You should have asked whether there might be reasons preventing 'larger' and 'more open' maps from being made with this game. The cube engine has been around for at least 10 years now and as one may guess, creating 'larger' maps has been attempted more than enough with only little success, obviously.

Anyway, I think some sort of defuse mode could work with 'regular sized' maps, too. Though, I don't see anyone trying and give a more elaborated explanation on how exactly such mode could be implemented into AC.
Thanks given by: quico
(19 Dec 16, 09:37PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(19 Dec 16, 05:33PM)al3rt Wrote: Imo, a fast-paced gamemode would be really fun in ac, like some servers in CS have bomb defuse modes that are really quick on smaller maps. I hsve no idea what its called or how to properly explain it but I've watched my friends play it. Essentially, one team spawns on the bomb site, plants it and within that bomb-time, the opposing team has to come in and defuse it. The next round starts immediately, so no boring death waiting times. That would solve the issue of too small maps and it would also be a more unique gameplay that would be fast.

Sounds like you're just describing the modded retake servers, they don't really run an official gamemode. Something like that could work in AC but I don't think it would really be necessary. The vast majority of people in CS who play on retake servers do so to practice retake scenarios in real games, not because they actually find it fun (since you more often than not spawn with random weapons/armour/gear and in random spots, and teams shuffle every round too so it hinders your ability to coordinate within a team). That isn't what attracts people to CS and I don't think it would do much for AC either besides being a novelty.

ps: come online on steam more skitstövel so I can boost you to supreme :D

Hmm i had no idea tbh just saw my friends play it. It justbsounded cool from what they said and i saw x) N niga, i dont play cs :( but i gave my details to my frie d so he probs plays. But break is around the corner so i cum n play.

Ps. Dafuq is a shitboot? X)
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 16, 06:44PM)al3rt Wrote: Ps. Dafuq is a shitboot? X)

this
what happened to that capture the base mode that was being developped?
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 16, 06:44PM)al3rt Wrote: Hmm i had no idea tbh just saw my friends play it. It justbsounded cool from what they said and i saw x) N niga, i dont play cs :( but i gave my details to my frie d so he probs plays. But break is around the corner so i cum n play.

Ps. Dafuq is a shitboot? X)

I didn't mean it like the bomb scenario thing wouldn't work, it would just need a lot of testing. And I think that while it could spark some new life into the game, the novelty would probably die down quickly since people who want CS style gameplay would (and rightfully so) choose CS, the same way AC's gameplay is the best of its kind. Forgive my skepticism. :p also yeah bwoii come play

And some swedish guys at my uni told me skitstövel is like a slang word for dick or smth, might just be regional since they're from sthlm tho. Anyway sorry for offtopic. Nice to see some discussion on this idea at least.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 16, 06:12PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: You should have asked whether there might be reasons preventing 'larger' and 'more open' maps from being made with this game. ...
I've seen couple of larger and couple of more open being joyfully played on.
(20 Dec 16, 06:12PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Anyway, I think some sort of defuse mode could work with 'regular sized' maps, too. Though, I don't see anyone trying and give a more elaborated explanation on how exactly such mode could be implemented into AC.
Do you even de_ bro?

So yeah, very dramatic. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 16, 05:34AM)Kayan Wrote: I've seen couple of larger and couple of more open being joyfully played on.

Well, now I could ask for some examples and try to figure out what exactly you consider 'huge' or 'open' and see how much experience you have with the cube engine and try to explain some constraints to you, but no. I'm not going to go down that road again, as I have all reasons to assume you will ignore those facts anyway.

(21 Dec 16, 05:34AM)Kayan Wrote: Do you even de_ bro?

I have no clue what you are trying to tell me here, sorry.

(21 Dec 16, 05:34AM)Kayan Wrote: So yeah, very dramatic. Thanks.

All right, that's also quite a constructive reply and sure will help to bring some kind of bomb defuse mode to AC. Though, maybe this has never been your intention and you really just came here and started that humble poll to find out whether people would like it or not, just for the heck of it. Well, then thank you for wasting my time.
Thanks given by:
Personally, I would love to have bomb scenario in AC. BUT AC IS A FAST PACED GAME. IT IS NOT THAT TACTICAL like CS. Moreover, AC dev team should experiment this
Thanks given by: