Just a thought..
Could we make teamkills count against only the person who tk'd?
Meaning the person that is tk'd does't have a death counted to their score?
Seems like a fair and reasonable change
Thanks given by: 1Cap
(29 Jan 16, 02:07PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Could we make teamkills count against only the person who tk'd?
Meaning the person that is tk'd does't have a death counted to their score?
Seems like a fair and reasonable change

Fair but could be abused with ease.
Thanks given by:
sometimes it is mistake of tk'd ...
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 16, 07:56PM)Alien Wrote: sometimes it is mistake of tk'd ...

Yes, often. But this is a means to an end. People will stop being so frivolous with their aim if they tk and it only counts against them.
I think the idea has it's flaws, but would be better than the current way.
It's an improvement, even if it's not perfect
Thanks given by:
agrees with boomy......... mind you I do have a repetion for teamkills myself xd.

But he is right. Also while we are at it. Campers. Their like dogs crap stuck on your shoe. How about if a player does not move from so many pixels he is autokicked after so many seconds.

Nothing spoils a good game of ac that ............ you got the flag and hell there are four campers to fight off with their shotties xd
And also why is it they think if they crouch you wont shoot em . Hell I would nuke em let alone give them a blast of my smg.
You have to wonder though the mentality of a person that sits there like a pray mantis waiting and waiting etc. . Bastiidos
Thanks given by:
You lose a kill if you get a TK, plus it's humiliating. That's reason enough not to do it. It would be even better if you lost something from damaging teammates, not just killing.

(05 Feb 16, 12:11AM)vector Wrote: agrees with boomy......... mind you I do have a repetion for teamkills myself xd.

But he is right. Also while we are at it. Campers. Their like dogs crap stuck on your shoe. How about if a player does not move from so many pixels he is autokicked after so many seconds.

Nothing spoils a good game of ac that ............ you got the flag and hell there are four campers to fight off with their shotties xd
And also why is it they think if they crouch you wont shoot em . Hell I would nuke em let alone give them a blast of my smg.
You have to wonder though the mentality of a person that sits there like a pray mantis waiting and waiting etc. . Bastiidos

If the map is set up to make camping a good strategy, it's a bad map. Players are compelled to play optimally.
Thanks given by:
Also, another thought..... DON'T MAKE YOUR SERVERS SO THAT NO ONE CAN BE BANNED!
Was in a server today and this guy returned over and over and over. I mean REALLY? Why on earth have a server that can't vote-ban? At least make it possible for a short 5-10min ban I mean wtf?
Thanks given by:
ha boomy your a farsighted person xd

like you I get bored now and just watch the latest film rather than play a game with an obvious cheat. Worse thing is no admins on servers so we all suffer headshots galore. etc.

Yet this game survives atm why Idk. its now becoming so un regulated..servers with no control at all.

Myself I am getting to the point of sell AC to me so I can do something or quit.

before you say it............ yep I quit
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 16, 09:06AM)morshu9001 Wrote: You lose a kill if you get a TK, plus it's humiliating. That's reason enough not to do it. It would be even better if you lost something from damaging teammates, not just killing.

If the map is set up to make camping a good strategy, it's a bad map. Players are compelled to play optimally.

I don't agree with you completely on either point.

The damage thing yes. But a lot of people just team-kill because they think it's funny, or fancy themselves trolls. On a deeper level, if they are a newer player, or just not good at playing, it's an insecurity thing. They know they are not as good as you are and it makes them envious, and their only retaliation is to "troll". This is why I make the suggestion. Like i said, it's not a perfect idea, but it makes a little more sense imo.

And I have to disagree with you both on the camping thing, Sorry vector.
Camping is sometimes a very useful tool in a team's arsenal, in certain cases. Not the "Praying Mantis" thing, just squatting the whole round and waiting for someone to come by, that's just strange and makes me wonder what kind of people even do things like that. Psychopath suicide bomber types I would assume idk.
But it's useful when it's used to defend the flag-holder. Also in scenarios when you know someone will momentarily be passing by you, based on simple logical tactic camping is a viable part of the game. Some people just do it all the time in weird remote spots on the map. Which makes no sense to me, but hey, at least that little area is covered, right? And if you know they are there that can actually prove useful sometimes. Like if you have the flag and someone is pursuing, you can lead them to where you know your camper is usually at, and they can help.
Also if you're a sniper camping is loosely defined, because that's what a sniper is realistically supposed to be about. Planting themselves in a few key areas to back up their team when they go into the enemy base with automatics to get the flag. If I go into the enemy base and grab the flag, I HOPE a sniper is camping somewhere nearby when I come running out of there.
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+
Dem Thoughts Yo!!!
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 16, 11:28AM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(28 Feb 16, 09:06AM)morshu9001 Wrote: You lose a kill if you get a TK, plus it's humiliating. That's reason enough not to do it. It would be even better if you lost something from damaging teammates, not just killing.

I don't agree with you completely on either point.

The damage thing yes. But a lot of people just team-kill because they think it's funny, or fancy themselves trolls. On a deeper level, if they are a newer player, or just not good at playing, it's an insecurity thing. They know they are not as good as you are and it makes them envious, and their only retaliation is to "troll". This is why I make the suggestion. Like i said, it's not a perfect idea, but it makes a little more sense imo.

And I have to disagree with you both on the camping thing, Sorry vector.
Camping is sometimes a very useful tool in a team's arsenal, in certain cases. Not the "Praying Mantis" thing, just squatting the whole round and waiting for someone to come by, that's just strange and makes me wonder what kind of people even do things like that. Psychopath suicide bomber types I would assume idk.
But it's useful when it's used to defend the flag-holder. Also in scenarios when you know someone will momentarily be passing by you, based on simple logical tactic camping is a viable part of the game. Some people just do it all the time in weird remote spots on the map. Which makes no sense to me, but hey, at least that little area is covered, right? And if you know they are there that can actually prove useful sometimes. Like if you have the flag and someone is pursuing, you can lead them to where you know your camper is usually at, and they can help.
Also if you're a sniper camping is loosely defined, because that's what a sniper is realistically supposed to be about. Planting themselves in a few key areas to back up their team when they go into the enemy base with automatics to get the flag. If I go into the enemy base and grab the flag, I HOPE a sniper is camping somewhere nearby when I come running out of there.

On the TK thing, I'd rather ignore the problem of trolls and worry more about the game balance among legitimate players. AC uses the same logic with flagkills. In my experience, there are very few trolls, they get banned quickly, and they probably don't care too much about giving people deaths. More like they think it's funny to headshoot a camping teammate and see gibs fly everywhere.

On the camping thing, what is your complaint about camping? Is it cheap? Like you said, it makes sense to do it sometimes, and it's part of the game. Poorly designed maps will make camping an overpowered strategy, meaning everyone camps, and the game is boring. On a good CTF map, it only makes sense to have one or two campers and have everyone else rush. I only see an inherent non-map-related problem with camping if it's OSOK, and everyone is waiting 10 minutes for a camping standoff to end.
Thanks given by:
Ignoring trolls works in theory. But there are quite a few that simply seem to have nothing better to do. No matter how much you ignore them they continue.

And I feel I sufficiently explained the camping thing. I couldn't be more clear. I either lack the vernacular or you lack the capacity to comprehend the perfectly complete explanation I've already offered. I tend to favor the latter.
Thanks given by: