[Mapmodel] Watertower
So, boys and girls, uncle FANTOMAS is back and want to present you his new mapmodel…
[drumroll]
Water-r-r!!! To-o-wer-r-r!!!

[Image: C1VWbi7.gif]

Model statistics:
560 vertexes
716 faces

Download:
>>> Here <<<
mapmodel 4 21 0 0 "fantomas.ua/watertower"

And see it in action:

https://youtu.be/M9C7QOQ8gt8

I think that this is not the worst position for a sniper (or for target). Is not it? :)
Follow the news will soon be something another interesting ;)
Thanks given by: Robtics , Z3R0 , MPx , |HP| , +f0r3v3r+
You spent a lot of time on texturing? You should be given mod status on akimbo so you could approve your own models! Because it seems like that place is very innactive. Also, idk if you noticed but vertexs get doubled when exported to md3.
Thanks given by:
Your Watertower mapmodel looks nice!
keep it up!
Thanks given by:
ye awsome work here If you want, I can help you with texturing as I have a lot of experience with photoshop :)
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 15, 08:00PM)|HP| Wrote: Also, idk if you noticed but vertexs get doubled when exported to md3.

Yes indeed. Unfortunately, but i don't know what the reason for this :(
May be somebody will explain me this? Cleee-aaaa-ner! A-ooo!

At the screenshot below: md2 and md3 files was imported back into fragmotion editor after export from original *.ugh file.

[Image: Jr0YHXk.png]
Thanks given by:
(01 Dec 15, 06:27PM)FANTOMAS.UA Wrote:
(30 Nov 15, 08:00PM)|HP| Wrote: Also, idk if you noticed but vertexs get doubled when exported to md3.

Yes indeed. Unfortunately, but i don't know what the reason for this :(
May be somebody will explain me this? Cleee-aaaa-ner! A-ooo!

At the screenshot below: md2 and md3 files was imported back into fragmotion editor after export from original *.ugh file.

[Image: Jr0YHXk.png]

Faces are split where the UV cuts are so basically more cuts/uv parts = more verts.
This is (i guess) because of the way sharp edges are rendered.

Good example below

This is a crap way to unwrap a car but it gives the least vertices...
Thanks given by:
|HP|, still, i think UV etc is nothing to do with vertex doubling. The reason is in something other :(
Thanks given by:
Dont worry! Its perfectly normal i researched this long time ago.
Just use the tip i gave you to really lower the vert count (for future models) .... if you want.
So unwrap the correct way (as you did now), texture and then bake to a crappy unwrap with less seams.
Thanks given by:
|HP|, you was right about UV. I found good article (in russian) which explained me enough about md3. This is a picture from there:
[Image: 2700918_orig.png]
Cube mesh has 8 vertices, but unwrapped cube has 14 ones. So…
I take my words back :)
Now i know how to optimize a little bit my model
Thanks for your help [beer]
Thanks given by: |HP|