Mapmaking being dumb again
I really dislike how the nearest entity is selected. I am making a map that has multiple floors, using platforms. These get in the way when I want to delete a specific mapmodel (in this instance, a road divider barrier). I move around everywhere and it is still never the closest, even when I'm inside it. It is mapmodel 12, if that helps.
/newent mapodel 12 32 0
I didn't get to type the 2, so it's stuck in an entrance.
[Image: cX6394Hl.jpg]
[Image: OA9XTlGl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's why i made this : http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=840
Thanks given by:
It has always been like this, very annoying and you must delete the entity to reach the one you want. The worst part is when you don't move vertically and add a lot of entities at the same point, if you do a single error, it will cost you a lot of time deleting everything then replacing each entities. Remember to jump.
Thanks given by:
If you have more than one model on top of each other, just press space to elevate the entity a bit higher. It's something you learn in time. As exoduss mentioned. I like the look of Lucas's thing, but if you don't want to bother with that, this is the regular way of doing it. Knowing mapmodel numbers may help too.
Thanks given by:
There is a simple fix for when two entities sparkles occupy the same space. Go near to them so that one of them is selected, look straight up or down, hold "m" and scroll your mouse wheel one notch. This will move the closest entity sparkles up or down, and you will be able to select the other one.
Thanks given by: ExodusS
(31 Aug 15, 01:04AM)RKTnoob Wrote: Go near to them so that one of them is selected, look straight up or down, hold "m" and scroll your mouse wheel one notch. This will move the closest entity sparkles up or down, and you will be able to select the other one.

Burn the witch.
Thanks given by: Z3R0
(31 Aug 15, 01:24PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(31 Aug 15, 01:04AM)RKTnoob Wrote: Go near to them so that one of them is selected, look straight up or down, hold "m" and scroll your mouse wheel one notch. This will move the closest entity sparkles up or down, and you will be able to select the other one.

Burn the witch.

Agreed. This is wizardry I have not heard of.
Thanks given by: