Original Hitsound
I was testing robtics' hitsound when I realized I deleted the original hitsound. Can someone send me the original?
Thanks given by:
I think that the original files are: Click here
Thanks given by: 1Cap
Always back-up the original files when installing mods. An easy way is to simply rename the original to *filename*_original.xyz and then paste the desired mod into the directory

ah incase anyone is intrested: http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=...91#pid4491

its a beer bottle hit with a screwdriver recorded in TS ;D
Thanks given by:
I was testing some different sounds. then I realized it was very easy to listen to pickups and steps. I believe that I was acting like a haxor, so I went back all to standard ...
Thanks given by:
Thankyou for sharing this feeling of yours 1cap

OT: what robtics said, always make a backup
Thanks given by:
I think 1Cap has a point: modding the volume of sounds can be an advantage if you hear a pick-up getting picked no where near you but... cant that be done via commands anyways?
Thanks given by: 1Cap
it takes sometimes see "outside the box".
Obviously Mousikos know what a backup is. He knows how to rename files.
Just analyze the threads of Mousikos in this forum. ; ) He knows all this. He's programming. This is basic for him.

I am, in context, making an addendum to the fact that change the original files is not so nice. Especially the sound files.
I've always been against changes in the original game.

*Download the game again in the new folder and get the file.. ohh... i helped so much. lol
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 15, 02:36PM)Robtics Wrote: I think 1Cap has a point: modding the volume of sounds can be an advantage if you hear a pick-up getting picked no where near you but... cant that be done via commands anyways?

With basic settings you can hear everything on almost all competitives maps, if you change one ore two settings you can hear someone jumping in the opposite base of ac_iceroad for example.
Thanks given by:
And I guess Vanquish has the 7.1 when we check at all his expensive stuff.
Thanks given by:
This is why the competitive AC doesn't exist. Anticheat system is problem, nobody trust them and coding one for AC is wasting time. Closed client is also bullshit because it is possible to hack it too and there is problem with trust too. I think the client streaming with combination of cheater's hunters is the solution but AC players have crappy computers for this. Next the competitive scene needs authentication because AC is full of name trolls.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 15, 02:36PM)1Cap Wrote: it takes sometimes see "outside the box".
Obviously Mousikos know what a backup is. He knows how to rename files.
Just analyze the threads of Mousikos in this forum. ; ) He knows all this. He's programming. This is basic for him.

I forgot to back it up. And I'd rather not clone an entire AC if someone just has another hitsound handy...

To add to this: I was the stupid person who accidentally deleted his entire firefox profile yesterday as well so....
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 15, 04:06PM)Million Wrote: With basic settings you can hear everything on almost all competitives maps, if you change one ore two settings you can hear someone jumping in the opposite base of ac_iceroad for example.

i need that, i can barely hear steps with my headset :'(
Thanks given by: