Masterserver won't stop nagging me to update
I have a 1.0.4 server that I want to keep running for now because there are still people on 1.0. It was manually registered.

I added to my servercmdline.txt:

-m localhost

and restarted the server.

So why is my serverlog still full of this?

Quote:masterserver reply:

AssaultCube version 1.1 is now out!
Please go to http://assault.cubers.net/download.html and update your server to the newest version!
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
because, they're controlling and don't understand that if we don't want 1.1 by now we never will.
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 10, 01:11PM)Jack Wrote: I added to my servercmdline.txt:

-m localhost
Did you try -mlocalhost ? (without the space between -m and localhost)
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 10, 01:11PM)Jack Wrote: I have a 1.0.4 server that I want to keep running for now because there are still people on 1.0. It was manually registered.

I added to my servercmdline.txt:

-m localhost

and restarted the server.

So why is my serverlog still full of this?

Quote:masterserver reply:

AssaultCube version 1.1 is now out!
Please go to http://assault.cubers.net/download.html and update your server to the newest version!
Thanks!

im so sure that there isnt a space between -m and localhost. Then again i could be wrong
(I run a server)
Thanks given by:
Quoth the servercmdline.txt file:

// -m     // masterserver URL (exception: use "-m localhost", if you don't want AC to register at a masterserver at all)

And after changing to -mlocalhost there is no change :(

Is there some other config file defining a masterserver that may override it?
Thanks given by:
You could recompile if you really wanted to. lolololol
Thanks given by:
Space or not shouldn't matter, since all you want is an invalid address. Strange why it still doesn't work, though.
Thanks given by:
I added -mlocalhost to the CUBE_OPTIONS var in server.sh and I now have

logging local AssaultCube server now..
read 1 admin passwords from config/serverpwd.cfg
read 0 (0) blacklist entries from config/serverblacklist.cfg
dedicated server started, waiting for clients...
Ctrl-C to exit

looking up localhost...
could not connect

Looks good then. I just hope it doesn't repost that all the time too. Though I have no serverdesc now? Odd. Oh well, screw it, there aren't actually that many people left on 1.0.* - hadn't looked in a while. I'll just stick with 1.1. :)
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 10, 10:38PM)tempest Wrote: Space or not shouldn't matter, since all you want is an invalid address. Strange why it still doesn't work, though.
I thought it would use default value cause nothing is directly specified after -m :)
Thanks given by:
You have a point there. It should have cried about "unknown command line option: 'localhost'" though. Note to OP: read your error messages.
Thanks given by:
I believe it ignores non-command-line-switches if they are placed in the Windows dialog box?
Thanks given by:
You know why? Because it wants you to update. Seriously, 1.0.4 is dead. Hop ship to ze 1.1.
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 10, 05:11PM)Lightning Wrote: You know why? Because it wants you to update. Seriously, 1.0.4 is dead. Hop ship to ze 1.1.

not really.... but i dont want to start a flame war so im not gonna say it.....
Thanks given by: