Accusation of wallhack: Vanquish
In this thread, I would like to share my recent discoveries with the community. When watching Vanquish play a match against France, I saw him doing some very suspicious things. I therefore decided to download the demo, and after having watched it multiple times with Lucas' match client (this client enables you to analyse demo's using a wallhack in demo-mode), I was convinced that Vanquish was using a wallhack.

I would like to stress, that we cannot use "He was making odd calls." as an argument, because he could possibly hear the whole map. I'd also like to stress that I'm aware of spectatemode 6 and I was holding this in the back of my head while analysing the demo's. The thing that convinced me, however, was that he was clearly looking at the wall several times while he was in an open spot and he could have easily been attacked from several positions. An example of this is clearly visable in the video I made, where he spawns in the base of desert3 and he looks at the wall, ending up with his back towards the stairs instead of aiming at the stairs. In the video, there are several obvious examples where he tracks people through the wall.

Last, I would like to ask you for your own opinion, as I am only 1 person. I would like you to watch the material that is posted below. I'm sure many of his friends will defend him, and that's completely fine. However, if you comment, I'd rather not hear the argument: "I will not watch the demo's, because I know that Vanquish doesn't cheat.", as I've already heard from some of his friends before. I hope that everybody will watch the material from a neutral point of view, not having formed any judgements already.

The video I made: 
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/8f3ar4yyt...film_2.wmv
Demo 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh8ujn...in_CTF.dmo
Demo 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l9ce4o...in_CTF.dmo
Thanks given by: Vanquish , *LuCk* , Undead , Jason , Mr.OpTic
sigh

is this really the way you're going to go about this

Edit: I watched the video already, it's on Vanq's YT account. Yes some parts could possibly (very small possibly) be considered suspicious, but nothing in it seems like proof.
Thanks given by:
xDD
Thanks given by: starix/A/
As I said, I invite you to watch the demo. You clearly all haven't, since you posted this reply a few minutes after this thread was made. Any serious comments are welcome.

@Mise: I don't even play Assault Cube regularly and in 2 months, I'll have to stop again anyways. Do you honestly believe that I'd care about what people think of me? I knew that before I made this thread.
Thanks given by:
Jorik, clearly you give a fuck, dont act like you dont. The "proof" you provide is useless, and moreover you dont even seem to have concrete evidence.
Thanks given by:
http://585437.xobor.com/t603f26-Jorik-is...Hosta.html

I should say that I haven't watched the video yet, but your reputation preceeds you...

Since a lot of people are going to watch this becuase it's vanquish, if vanquish is actually hacking, I'll remove him off ACWC team and, well, UK will be disqualified.
Thanks given by:
I must say that, yes some small portions of the video can be suspicious even if I've seen more about Xemi and this forum (mostly the rC members) were just bashing me for a suspicious video, I can't understand the forced laughs and also the people who say it's bullshit even before watching the "proofs".

Kudos to Oracle for beeing objective.
Thanks given by: Oracle
There is absolutely nothing suspicious, If you watch your own demo you'll find yourself watching people through walls sometimes. Don't forget that why right settings you can hear people reloading across the map, so you watch the wall to make sure the sound comes from there.

And imo if he had a cheat that wouldn't be a wallhack.
Thanks given by: Vanquish
@Mousikos and Mise
Your comments are useless since it's only based on the poster's reputation which in my opinion shouldn't interfere.
I'll give you an example, If it was Harrek posting this you would take it more seriously and wouldn't have posted stupid stuff on this thread @mise especially.
Thanks given by: DogDancing
OK sorry for my previous posts, they were out of rage.

However, i am pretty sure his settings are set so that sounds are amplified so that he can position himself to his advantage. Nothing more.
Thanks given by:
Lol,

I thought you would await lucas' opinion? So much for 'i wont make it public' qq

I'm pretty sure harrek (or any other respectable player) would not post an accusation, but actual solid proof.
Thanks given by: Mise"
(04 Jul 15, 04:06PM)Million Wrote: And imo if he had a cheat that wouldn't be a wallhack.

Same. If I were to suspect Vanquish of anything, it wouldve been a aim-hack or no drop bullet hack. But well, when you play as much as Vanquish and focus so much on settings, aim (his natural aim is beast, see QL,Sauer, CS GO..) aswell as taking only the fights he can win, it's no wonder why he dominates anyone in this game 1v1.

If you look any demo of a random player, you will find times where their crosshair go over a player, it just happens very often. Furthermore, I have been surprised throughout my "AC career" that sooooo many players have a terrible awareness.
Not sure if you know this (despite how great of a player Jorik was, i think he doesnt know this), but you can tell where every enemy is on the map roughly. All you need to do is, look constantly at the console & map to know who died, and where. You can tell when they will respawn by counting to 5 (wow) and then after playing hundreds of hours of this game, you know roughly where they will be in 3 seconds from leaving the base.
Keeping track of these infos, reloading, jumping and walking sounds isn't an easy task and not many players I know are capable of doing this. Being Vanquish's teamate for a while, I can safely say that we both are capable of doing that. In fact, if you listened to our comms, you'd realize that we're very vocal (Vanquish especially) about who is where, and what they could be doing next at every times.
But then, listening to some other teams comms, I realised that theres very few information going through in team matches. You'd be surprised at how we, rC, communicate :)

Coming back to Vanquish, I'm absolutely not worried about a possible ban, theres very little proof and everything is explanable by a great skill level and tremendous experience in playing the game.
Some people just struggle to accept that someone can be a lot better than them, and take it personally getting upset and going numb about it for days. Yes, Jorik, this is directed to you :)

On the video you posted, you can only see that Vanquish strafes to get to a place (ex, going mid on desert3). EVERYONE strafes to run faster, you could record 50 players running this way, and they would ALL strafe with their crosshair in the middle of the screen. There just happened to be someone long..
I mean cmon, if you're searching for tiny little details of Vanquish's crosshair going over a player through a wall, you will find some, obviously. But if you look at demos from any player, you will find some too. This is not a proof of any kind of wallhack.. lol
If you can find demos where Vanquish is actively tracking someone with his cursor searching and following them to engage a fight while the enemy is completely silent, then I might believe you. Other than that, it can be explained from teamates calls, game sense (knowing where they could be) and sounds (knowing where they are).
Thanks given by: Mise" , Vanquish , yopa , Halte
haven't watched the demos yet but it shouldn't be better than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eEtrU1ZCLs
Thanks given by: Cemer , sukablya , Queens.KING
agree with damdam. wouldnt suspect vanq of wall. what bother me in his playstyle is the fact that the guy almsot never jump or dodge when dueling. just aiming sick.

my sounds aint amplified or whatever and i am not aware about where everyone is in the map especially on decently sized maps. what is killing me about competitive is all these hidden scripts, the texture and mapmodel changes, the sound changes and unknown commands. I dont even know what I am talking about but ive heard so many crap about headshot line, mapmodel remove, pick up sound etc etc. you guy are boosting your awarness and im also looking at you jorik.
Thanks given by:
Accusation of wallhack: Vanquish >> honestly?

It´s really a joke to accuse this very intelligent & amazing player, who is ever friendly, when someone needs help and who cares really much for the community. You should consider such stuff more carefully. To ban Vanquish would be a real loss for the whole community... and it would be just wrong.
Thanks given by: Mise" , yopa , Vanquish , Oracle
Btw we need to consider how much time Vanquish spends on gameing,his gameing experiance in the other games and his knowlege about gameing(not only equimpement).I don't know other player who is experianced like him in these things.
Thanks given by:
I can punish him for you,ill tie him up n spank him, that should do with this bad boy i think
Thanks given by: Vanquish
(04 Jul 15, 10:51PM)al3rt Wrote: I can punish him for you,ill tie him up n spank him, that should do with this bad boy i think

thought you said you were gonna punish me :x
Thanks given by:
On a serious note tho, like if youve ever played with vanw youd understand his beeast skills in any game, so like Im sorry but like just cus he's pro doesnt mean you need to hate in envy. Friteq summarized it and it's true, no matter what game you play with him, even when it's the first time he'll rape you with his skills because he is so well trained and experienced in all of this.

Just respect his hard work and talent
i have respect for you jorik, but i didnt rly expect this from you, ah well. Atleast we all know its bs
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 15, 10:57PM)al3rt Wrote: Just respect his hard work and talent
^this

I am 98% sure that in the last three years, vanquish is the player that has spent most time in matches, inters and duels out of anyone here in the forum. This guy has been spending a lot of time on this game. He has so much experience, inteligence and awareness that he will have an idea of where you are on the map at any time (unless you're unpredictable or just really stupid). If you do as much as jump, he will hear from which direction that sound came from. If you pick the kevlar, he will hear it, and if you reload, that will also reveal your positition.

And sounds aren't everything. Any decent player will know roughly where your guy will be 3 seconds after he respawned (in ctf obv.). If he's not pushed out to where you would assume he would be, that means he's somewhere else, either in his base or pushed out another side, not really that hard.

Also, this community isn't that big, so you kinda learn how people play, if they are trying to trick very often, or if they constantly wait at angles (and which angles).

I would claim that I am the player in this game that has known vanquish the longest, and I am 100% sure that he would not need a wallhack to rek anyone in this game
Thanks given by: Vanquish , Mise"
There's been more than 20 posts and not one has presented irrefutable proof that supports Jorik's accusation, so I'll be locking the thread. If someone finds evidence and has something to add, PM me or another mod. Finally, in the future, do not post allegations that a player is cheating unless you have very convincing proof and support from others — this has been done countless times and mostly ends in the same manner; it makes you look bad.
Thanks given by: Vanquish , yopa , PhaNtom , MPx , Cemer , Mise" , Marti
why i dont understand though is why rC members need to play with a self compiled client that have "aimbot activated/deactivated" messages ?
Thanks given by: MorganKell
(05 Jul 15, 04:53PM)Luc@s Wrote: why i dont understand though is why rC members need to play with a self compiled client that have "aimbot activated/deactivated" messages ?

Please try not to post on a locked thread. As is in accordance with forum moderation, I will delete any new posts made on this thread, since it is locked for a reason.

However, just for the sake of clarifying things:

start_intermission = [hudecho (c 4)*Aimbot (c 3)Deactivated!*]

EDIT: Also myself and yopa (its creator) are the only ones using it. Try not to make stupid generalisations.
Thanks given by: MorganKell , mhsaleh