Which version to clone?
I want to build from source. Which commit on GitHub is the one used for the latest stable Mac client? The latest on GitHub has that graphics glitch RonaldReagan was talking about in another thread.
Thanks given by:
You can use the latest "master" branch to compile from if you want. It won't affect the gameplay and i guess the glitch will be fixed (need confirmation)
Thanks given by: morshu9001
If you want a client that is stable (but will crash when you try and play in fullscreen) use "master".
If you want a client that is newer (but has a newer SDL library, so won't crash in fullscreen. But also now has a gamma issue) use "next".
If you want a client that is newer (with fullscreen fix and a temporary workaround 'extraambient' command for the gamma issue) use Ronald_Reagan's client he provided in the other thread, or compile from his branch.

The gamma issue won't be fixed until Ronald_Reagan takes a look and compares with Sauerbratens code, which has the same SDL library - 1.2.15 and no gamma bug :).
Thanks given by: morshu9001
I guess he wants a client that allows him to play vs other players so "next" isn't an option
Thanks given by:
Thanks, guys. I did clone and build master, and it has the gamma-related graphical glitches. But I had to change three "typedef" lines to make it even compile, so maybe I messed it up in the process, or there was something I should have done that I didn't do. Oh well, the glitches actually aren't bad, and it seems faster than the pre-compiled version.
Thanks given by: