Question dealing with new members here who seem to be banned after only one post
I was just going through the forums today and I noticed that there were several people that joined the forums this month that made one post before they were banned. Most of these posts seem like general posts that would occupy the threads that they were posted in, which is making me wonder why they were banned in the first place. Can someone please explain to me why this seems to be happening or begin to make posts about banning people and saying what they did wrong like the actual ac blacklist because this is just getting confusing for me.
Thanks given by:
As I understand, lately, spam bots have been registering, putting spam links in their signatures or profiles, and posting generic things like "Hi, I'm new" or vague agreeing/disagreeing posts to look somewhat inconspicuous and spread the links.
Thanks given by:
I say we spam their website with AssaultCube propaganda.
Thanks given by:
I second that :D

how about we make assaultcube spambots ? :D :D
Thanks given by:
there ive seen a few, maybe people who have been banned trying to use a different account?
Thanks given by:
Nope, they were advertising in their sigs and always saying
Quote:Hi
iam new here
or something like that :/
Thanks given by:
* V-Man summons a level 9 MusicMan10
Find their IP addresses!
Thanks given by:
* JMM summons a level 26 Nike Jordan cheap shoes reseller
Thanks given by:
Now they're just plain spamming in the posts :D
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 10, 06:48AM)Habluka Wrote: I was just going through the forums today and I noticed that there were several people that joined the forums this month that made one post before they were banned. Most of these posts seem like general posts that would occupy the threads that they were posted in, which is making me wonder why they were banned in the first place. Can someone please explain to me why this seems to be happening or begin to make posts about banning people and saying what they did wrong like the actual ac blacklist because this is just getting confusing for me.

Spambots.
Or it can be ppl who have been banned before for different reasons but most spambots.
Thanks given by:
They're spammers. If you check their signatures, they contain a bunch of links to websites regarding various topics like penis enlargement, and their only purpose for posting is to achieve a higher ranking in search results. I edit out such links, normally making a note in the signature of it, and ban them. Even if their badly written posts were somewhat relevant, they have no genuine interest in the game and just want to gain PageRank.

This has been answered a few times now. I think I'll close this, assuming everyone is satisfied.
Thanks given by: