Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACWC client
For me personally, I'd feel a lot better if a client was released similar to past acwc to disallow certain features (mainly a certain spectatemode). A client with it's own protocol to make sure everyone is using it and such. This would give the refs something to do :D.

Thoughts? Anyone willing to comment out some code?

I'd think it would add to the features of fairness for this prestigious tournament.

That being said, I will participate either way in the hope that everyone plays cleanly.
Thanks given by:
It sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I don't think there is enough time to get that figured out on top of everything else. Also, getting people to download a different client for a tourney seems a little much to me
Thanks given by:
to quote a great show, "time is a flat circle."
Thanks given by:
Great idea. Remove hax jump in this bind and everyone is happy ;)
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to use the 2013 acwc but with a bit of tweaking?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 09:00AM)Marti Wrote: ...
If Lucas is willing...
Thanks given by:
You're all complaining about the woop client, but it has all the features you want
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 09:14AM)Honor Wrote: You're all complaining about the woop client, but it has all the features you want

Doesnt have an aimbot :/

And also not all maps
Thanks given by:
Maybe Larry would be willing to make something on short notice. The woop client would be ok, but the maps issue is what stops it from being suitable, some maps in the first round are disallowed by the client itself. Also I don't know if any client (including the woop one) currently exists that disallows the haxbind.

If something suitable came up really quickly, I wouldn't be opposed to using one (just plz don't give it instant hitsounds, that shit is the devil), but tbh I don't really see it as being necessary, especially as introducing a new rule about having to use an anticheat client after signups have closed could be quite controversial for some people, and also because I doubt many people are actually using cheats in the first place. But we'll see I guess.
Thanks given by:
But you have to release it for all OS, please
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 02:39PM)quico Wrote: But you have to release it for all OS, please

The woop client isnt out for mac, but if thats possible I would not mind using it.
Thanks given by:
FYI the woop client allows you to add allowed maps by editing the config files. (config/matchmaps.cfg, the commands are extremely easy to use : http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8048-post...#pid160286 )
so someone could easily make his own package with the set of maps and modes he wants. been like this since the feature was introduced, precisely because some tournaments can use different map pools.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 03:12PM)Luc@s Wrote: FYI the woop client allows you to add allowed maps by editing the config files. (config/matchmaps.cfg, the commands are extremely easy to use : http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8048-post...#pid160286 )
so someone could easily make his own package with the set of maps and modes he wants. been like this since the feature was introduced, precisely because some tournaments can use different map pools.

That still leaves the issue of getting the client for all OS though doesn't it?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 03:30PM)Oracle Wrote: That still leaves the issue of getting the client for all OS though doesn't it?

yes, like for any other acwc client that existed. but like any other acwc client we managed to get it working on mac.
Thanks given by:
You didn't compile for 32 bit either...
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 04:20PM)PhaNtom Wrote: You didn't compile for 32 bit either...

Its called having priorities. No need to build a package for every existing OS as long as its in still in early testing.
I dont understand what you're trying to say with your post. I mean the fact its not compiled for mac and linux 32 atm doesn't mean its impossible to get it compiled, really idk whats your point ?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 05:19PM)Luc@s Wrote: Its called having priorities. No need to build a package for every existing OS as long as its in still in early testing.
I dont understand what you're trying to say with your post. I mean the fact its not compiled for mac and linux 32 atm doesn't mean its impossible to get it compiled, really idk whats your point ?

It's merely a reminder that people still want a 32 bit version, if it in fact is completed.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 11:27PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(22 Jun 15, 05:19PM)Luc@s Wrote: Its called having priorities. No need to build a package for every existing OS as long as its in still in early testing.

It's merely a reminder that people still want a 32 bit version, if it in fact is completed.

I understand what does he mean. I have linux 32 bit, and I couldn't use it, so as I said in my previous post, I think the ac version for the acwc, should be release in all OS, or you will need to let people playing with the normal version.
And that's a thing for all the people, not only for Lucas
Thanks given by: