Question to American Game of Thrones fans
Game of Thrones despite being an American produced show is a one that has a rather British feel to it. Despite this the show is very popular in America and around the world. I would have thought that the abundance of different British accents would prove a detraction to American viewers but perhaps it is not. So my question to you would be do you understand the accents entirely and would you have them replaced with American ones?
Thanks given by:
I'm American and most people here just love hearing British accents in general, so I don't think many have a problem with most of the actors sounding as they do. And if they had American accents it wouldn't sound right to us for the time period. For us when we think of medieval times with all of the Knights and chivalry and whatnot, we think of Europe since our continent wasn't involved with that sort of thing. So their accents just seem right to us, and i have never heard anyone have an issue with it!

And basically all of the accents are easy to understand, though sometimes I have to listen to what Davos says twice. And the guy who plays Petyr Baelish changes his accent every season lol.

I read the books and even when reading all the quotes and such I read like they were in a British accent.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 15, 07:33PM)Chill Wrote: I'm American and most people here just love hearing British accents in general, so I don't think many have a problem with most of the actors sounding as they do. And if they had American accents it wouldn't sound right to us for the time period. For us when we think of medieval times with all of the Knights and chivalry and whatnot, we think of Europe since our continent wasn't involved with that sort of thing. So their accents just seem right to us, and i have never heard anyone have an issue with it!

And basically all of the accents are easy to understand, though sometimes I have to listen to what Davos says twice. And the guy who plays Petyr Baelish changes his accent every season lol.

I read the books and even when reading all the quotes and such I read like they were in a British accent.

Two Irish actors, interestingly enough. I know exactly what you mean about Lord Baelish. I was just watching season four two nights ago and I could never recall him sounding so distinctively Northern Irish.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 15, 08:31PM)Hellspell Wrote: Two Irish actors, interestingly enough. I know exactly what you mean about Lord Baelish. I was just watching season four two nights ago and I could never recall him sounding so distinctively Northern Irish.

Yeah, it's pretty poor on his part that he can't keep an accent straight. Still portrays the character very well though :P
Thanks given by:
I refuse to watch Game of Thrones because everyone dies. I have the first and second books and despite looking epic I can't get through the first one. As for the show? Pfft. Joffrey sucks. Getting rid of your Direwolfs is downright stupid. Yea some keep em I know. Whatever. Cersei is a scheming conniving witch. Ned Stark was a fool for not asserting dominance and taking the kingdom as Protector immediately following the death of Baratheon. Even if Joffrey was already on his way to becoming a monumental muttmanger he at least would have the opportunity to get some good Stark discipline. Everyone else dies. The End.

You may proceed...
Thanks given by: