To put it bluntly
Lets get this straight first. I am not a programmer so I can't even begin to understand the complexities of making 2d game let alone a 3d multiplayer one.

Im sorry but 1.2.0.2 has ruined the assault cube experience for me. After several months of playing it, what I see is a game where the kill messages have changed and latency issues have arose that were not present in 1.0.1.4. I dare not say netcode because that might not be the cause because as I repeat again I am not a programmer. I get killed around walls, huge lag spikes on any network Im on, hits not registering, or registering maybe a second later, grenades exploding right next to someone and no hitsound. And before you say "its because you have high ping" in the previous version I had the same ping (around 300 ms) and none of this happened. Also in the previous version kill trades were extremely rare, again I am assuming assault cube uses hitscan, but in this version kill trades are common place. I even dare compare it BF4 network problems

If it aint broke dont fix it

BTW 1.0.1.4 is perfect in every single way compared to this build
Thanks given by:
Do you mean 1.0.4 or 1.1.0.4?
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 15, 10:30AM)Orynge Wrote: Do you mean 1.0.4 or 1.1.0.4?

the one before 1.2.0.2
Thanks given by:
I was getting killed the other day from around walls when me and the guy killing me were in the high 200 milliseconds iirc. Me and that same guy had about three kill trades in a row at one stage which I've never experienced before. I was firing so long before he was too or so I thought which annoyed me when we'd both die.
Thanks given by:
Yeah i am not sure if it's my different internet or the code but the other day i was getting killed by robtics i took 3 -4 smg shots then got around a corner then after a good break of almost one complete second i took another 3-4 bullets and died, even with my same crappy internet in 1.1 it never felt like this
Thanks given by:
fix your net
stop playing on shitty servers
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 15, 08:06AM)Luc@s Wrote: fix your net
stop playing on shitty servers

fix hit drops first

i can even drop hits with the knife now. its not bug, its feature!
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 15, 10:03AM)al3rt Wrote: ^Excuses

Aliens stole my bike. please stop making up excuses.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 15, 11:14AM)Undead Wrote: i can even drop hits with the knife now. its not bug, its feature!

proof ?
cause i'm the only one who made stats rigorously about possible hitdrops on the latest version and found nothing significant.

while all you did was bitching on the forums.
Thanks given by:
here we go, again..

[insert rolling eyes here]
Thanks given by:
There's a little indicator on the left of the server name in the server menu that indicates how stable the server is. You know, the little green, yellow and red bars? Yeah, so often I see the servers that are full are the ones that actually show yellow or yellow and red beside them. I think people should pay more damn attention to the stability of the server before they log on to it. If it's green, it's good. I mean, hello? This version is better. AC keeps getting better, and people keep whining. So annoying. PLAY IN A SERVER WITH MINIMAL LAG! BOOM! NO HITDROPS! NO "SHOOTING THROUGH WALLS!" AMAZING LOGIC, NO?!
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 15, 01:19PM)Luc@s Wrote: bullshit

if the ping between players gets to a certain threshold, the server drops hits in the situation that you die first in an engagement with someone else. unique to 1.2, i drop bullets with the sniper, when it never happened before, and even when my ping is under 300. you added the code that does this yourself, i don't understand why you're denying it.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 15, 07:33AM)Undead Wrote: you added the code that does this yourself, i don't understand why you're denying it.
lies again. you will never change. ready to spread the worst bs just to harass those you dislike.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 15, 09:37AM)Luc@s Wrote:
(14 Jun 15, 07:33AM)Undead Wrote: you added the code that does this yourself, i don't understand why you're denying it.
lies again. you will never change. ready to spread the worst bs just to harass those you dislike.

why are you denying it? there is a piece of code in the source that drops bullets if your ping exceeds 300

its common knowledge lol
Thanks given by:
Yes, and for the better. Also, you're saying i added it myself, which is wrong. You're lying to spread bullshit about me (again), and it reminds me that you should have been banned from these forums long ago.

PS: this code was already there back in 2008. thx for showing you're clueless (again)
Thanks given by:
Undead is unhappy lucas got the last word so here:

Deuterium don't create threads about 1202 or past versions when dozens of other shit festing threads have already been created. Nothing's changed in this thread except for more outbursts between people. Thanks.
Thanks given by: