Is there an extreme skill difference depending on what time you play?
Thi screenshot was approximately six hours ago:
[Image: JJbRAhK.png]

This was just now:
[Image: x3lmgee.png]

Because I'm trying to train for ACWC, I'm just curious. Is this a fluke or is there an extreme skill difference between six hour periods? If so, when is the best time to train?
Thanks given by:
There is a difference between an inter and a public match.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 15, 10:45AM)Million Wrote: There is a difference between an inter and a public match.

Indeed.  You're playing with different people as well (better people in the first game, worse people in the second)
Thanks given by:
depends if you are sober or not ;)
Thanks given by:
If that wasn't an inter, you simply walked into a solid team.
Thanks given by:
More opponents = higher chance of more kills.
Also on the first screen u playin vs clanplayers, 2nd vs pubbers

Btw: prostatecancer seems like a lovely fella
Thanks given by:
there are different factors that could explain why someone finds it harder or easier to play at specific hours of the day (including the ping)

i would say that in a game where everyone faces everyone, regardless of their geographical situation, there is no skill discrepancy between different locations.

this is different in games where (for instance) european players barely face american players.
that's why i've been trying a bit to determine the impact of such a phenomenon on elo rankings
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 15, 10:45AM)Million Wrote: There is a difference between an inter and a public match.

I agree, but the difference isn't usually that big for me.
Thanks given by:
to be honest we have such a small sample size any game outcome and discrepancy of skill could be caused by a multitude of things
Thanks given by: Orynge
(05 Jun 15, 12:37PM)Luc@s Wrote: this is different in games where (for instance) european players barely face american players.
that's why i've been trying a bit to determine the impact of such a phenomenon on elo rankings

could you explain this better?
I am interested: whenever I play vs Brasilians, even on servers where our ping is comparable, I find extremely hard to frag them. I never rly understood how it works.
This ofc is not related or allusive to cheat.
Thanks given by:
Maybe they are just better than you? >;D
As for the time differences, I think it would be easier to measure the effect of tidal shifts on our gameplay than hours of the day.
As noted by others there are always so many factors...
Of course, we know the more fatigued a person becomes, it is so that their reaction time is decreased, also.
Thanks given by:
So easy play against noobs on pubs bro :)

Err i can see noobs on inter too xD
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 15, 07:23PM)ketar Wrote: could you explain this better?
I am interested: whenever I play vs Brasilians, even on servers where our ping is comparable, I find extremely hard to frag them. I never rly understood how it works.

the game is less enjoyable at high ping. you get clean kills less often, and sometimes bullets drop, so the games tend to be more equalized but more frustrating. its still equal for both players, but you might not be used to it, so you end up playing worse than them.
Thanks given by:
yes
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 15, 07:23PM)ketar Wrote: could you explain this better?

What i was referring to, in the paragraph you quoted, was the fact independent communities will grow separately and thus possibly develop different gameplays (which is not something you could observe in AC)

Regarding your question, similar pings mean its fair but it doesn't mean you're playing in similar conditions as if everyone had a low ping. With high pings, ratios are usually closer to 1.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 15, 02:33PM)Theo_RJ* Wrote: Err i can see noobs on inter too xD

+1 for self-awareness
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 15, 04:48PM)Luc@s Wrote: (which is not something you could observe in AC)

it still occurs, its just harder to notice. brazilians have always played far differently in comparison to everyone else, for instance
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 15, 04:54PM)Marti Wrote:
(07 Jun 15, 02:33PM)Theo_RJ* Wrote: Err i can see noobs on inter too xD

+1 for self-awareness

My goodness, legends AC ...
Thanks given by:
get rekt marti.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 15, 10:15PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: get rekt marti.

allow me some banter pls
Thanks given by: