Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Events
This year's ACWC will be different. There will be one event that runs no matter what, and other events that run depending on how many teams sign up. These events are subject to change:

3v3 CTF Official Maps Only[Main Event]
3v3 CTF Custom Maps Only
2v2 TOSOK Official Maps Only
1v1 DM Official Maps Only
Gema First To Flag [Easy/Medium/Hard]

Note that a demo /must/ be submitted for each of the events. Yes, including gema.
Thanks given by:
Hm, not bad. Not Team Survivor Mode?
Thanks given by:
Will haxx jump be allowed ?
Thanks given by:
Acwc gema seems interesting, is the gema community here on the forum though? (Assuming you sign up here)

Also i hereby congratulate vanquish with the 1v1 title
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 15, 11:37PM)Marti Wrote: Also i hereby congratulate vanquish with the 1v1 title

We'll see.
Thanks given by:
we will indeed.

not to be a wet blanket, and not saying im not part of the problem, but how in the hell do you expect that many games to pan out when last years never even finished (looking at you france ;D).

it'd be worth it just to see another undead v. waffle final (<3333333 all you haters)
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 15, 05:59AM)Waffles Wrote: not to be a wet blanket, and not saying im not part of the problem, but how in the hell do you expect that many games to pan out when last years never even finished (looking at you france ;D).

That's the issue. I think I'm going to have stricter rules for disqualification...
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 15, 05:59AM)Waffles Wrote: it'd be worth it just to see another undead v. waffle final (<3333333 all you haters)

start playing the game again and maybe you/undead have a chance of facing me in the final :D (also we still got dat U tournament to play)
Thanks given by:
Instead of dividing the acwc into different modes and several events, i would suggst to offer a 3vs3, which includes several modes (ctf, htf, tosok , tdm). Apart that a 1vs1 event seems to be legit too.

Consider that most official maps are designed for 3vs3 and are not really appliable for 2vs2. I mean, sure you can play any map as 2vs2 as well and it might need even more skills to handle such games, but tbh it
doesn't deliver the expected action. It will always deal with advanced camping techniques. Furthermore on big maps players will use a more defensive style and on small maps it will end up in spawnfragging partly (Team A gets 3 flags - then Team B gets 5 flags and so on).

I just can say, that you should reconsider your decision about modes/events and may  look into
an old acwc (http://acwc.woop.us/2010/), which was for me the most attractive one until now. Moreover
i would say that other players, that were participating, can confirm that. Sure, you need to define
a new set, namely {all acwc 2010 players} \ {Undead} to proof the assumption.
Thanks given by:
Elite 3v3 didnt work last year and I think everyone agrees that the playerbase did not improve ;)

I thing this is going the right way atm
Thanks given by:
Hopefully it's 3v3
Thanks given by:
3v3 is undoubtedly the best case scenario, but I don't think it's viable unless we want 6 active teams.

EDIT: Oh yeah if anyone in the Oceania region wants to be knocked out first round in TOSOK. <3
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 15, 03:14PM)Robtics Wrote: Elite 3v3 didnt work last year and I think everyone agrees that the playerbase did not improve ;)

I thing this is going the right way atm

Then at least offer the possibility to play 3vs3 for the main event. Might be not even so a bad idea,
that players or a referee can decide whether they play 2vs2 or 3vs3 (depending on the team size / availability of players on the team).

If you can't run one event properly, you won't be able to run several events simultaneously (apart the 1vs1 event).

In any case, define stricter rules about disqualification, dead lines for matches and so on. However, to get a wider playerbase, lower the rules about participation. As long as teams form a geographical unit, they should be allowed to participate. And if a region/country can offer several teams (more than 2), which might only
take place in Brazil, allow them to play with all available teams.

Furthermore i would suggest to open the registration phase as soon as possible and wait until the end of it and then decide about events/modes and so on (relying on the amount/information of registered teams).
Thanks given by:
First of all, thank you to everbody for the interest in this year's ACWC.

I'd like to touch upon a few concerns brought upon by the community. First, the main event. The main event is 2v2 instead of 3v3 because it is easier to get 2/3, 2/4 players to show than it is to get 3/4, 3/5, 3/6 players to show. I myself prefer 3v3 due to my low fragging accuracy because of the extra error margin I would have. However, you have to ask yourself: "What is the best for AC?" I asked myself this question, and the answer came in the form of a 2v2 ACWC. Am I open to a 3v3? Yes, I most definitely am. If you can get 5 or 6 players consistently to form 8 teams, I will change the format to a 3v3.

Regarding the multiple events, the main event will happen no matter what. The main event is your standard world cup. The other events will happen by /interest/ only. Furthermore, you are /not/ limited to playing in one event. Think of the other events as a way to promote AC -- those who do not play AC competitively enough to play in the cup event, can play the custom map event. Those who only play gema, can play the gema event. This event means to have a bit for everyone.
Thanks given by:
If you want to create a gema competition you need to create a privated gema server and give the password to competitors,

and do like:

the player with more scores in x day(s) , wins.
i think "first to flag" doesn't works.
Thanks given by:
Are you going to stream it/ Youtube it? That would be pretty cool and get some popularity for AC
Thanks given by:
Yeah stream is being taken care of, I think vanquish is doing that
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 15, 04:00AM)HoeHunter Wrote: Yeah stream is being taken care of, I think vanquish is doing that

I still need some casters though, hopefully Mousikos will put up applications for that soon!
Thanks given by:
im a professional certified caster
Thanks given by:
i can spam twitch chat

(no lie this cup is starting to look really cool)
Thanks given by: Orynge
(08 Jun 15, 02:19PM)Undead Wrote: im a professional certified caster
Thanks given by:
<14:48:15> "MMMMM EMMA WATSON": honestly
<14:48:21> "MMMMM EMMA WATSON": vanquish can just make a thread for casters =P
<14:48:31> "MMMMM EMMA WATSON": if he wants

Expect a signup thread soon. :)
Thanks given by: