Still active?
I got an inkling to play this again; how's the player base? Is the game as active as it was a few years ago? Or has it largely died off?

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
[Image: rdCKxeJ.jpg?1]
36 players online...so sad.
Thanks given by:
Yeah this is actually a perfect snapshot of what AC is like now. One normal game on a Perros server, two douze OSOK that should be one, one guy trying to start a custom CTF, 2-4 camper/towers games, and we'll just call that derb game an outlier but this is basically what it is.

Other things you can spot in today's AC server list:
- People in Europe playing on a Japanese server
- Which is listed right above a European server
- A towers/camper game that two minutes ago was a normal CTF game that everyone appeared to be fine with
- Blink
- A clan nobody knows/cares about that has 30 servers
Thanks given by:
The forum is kinda active

EDIT:

if you stay up till most people actually come out then you'll get at least 50+ players and 5 - 10 inters done in a single day
Thanks given by:
Pubs have gone downhill as vonunov's post detailed. There's usually 1 good server to play on. 0 if you're unlucky, 2 if you're lucky. Then you're going to have to combat with teamkilling, players sticking to you, cheaters, stef calling people in KTF 'teamkillers', constant voting for a noob map/mode, or to kick/ban someone for no reason, and random trashtalk by guys who can't get 10 frags in 15 minutes; and trolls/cheaters ddos'ing servers once they get kicked.

Inters are still happening daily, avoiding all the bad stuff the pubs have.
Thanks given by:
Some of those issues Vonuvov listed (such as the way maps are voted) will be fixed/improved in the next version, as far as I know.

As for what I see when I enter public servers - quite a number of old faces still playing from 0.93. They don't use the forums or IRC though, so you won't hear from them here. 
Assault Cube is ultra quick to load and get straight into a game compared to other apps (takes 6 seconds for me), so there will always be players around, just see for yourself. ;)
Thanks given by:
(21 May 15, 05:34AM)vonunov Wrote: - A clan nobody knows/cares about that has 30 servers

Times have changed, VPS's became too cheap :)

(21 May 15, 03:18PM)Harps Wrote: Some of those issues Vonuvov listed (such as the way maps are voted) will be fixed/improved in the next version, as far as I know.

I hope that doesn't break too many existing maps that are NOT camper/swat/...
Thanks given by:
How do I get my AC to look like hgf's? PLEASE TELL ME!! Mine is bold I don't want bold.
Thanks given by:
Reset all your settings...
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 09:39PM)MorganKell Wrote: How do I get my AC to look like hgf's? PLEASE TELL ME!! Mine is bold I don't want bold.

/setfont serif
Thanks given by:
the forum is a bit more alive than teh pubs

[Image: EeOGadU.png]
Thanks given by:
Man, too bad. I remember when there would be 30+ active pubs, and many standard CTF/TDM games at that. Guess there isn't much hope for a revival for a game this old. Oh well. :/ Thank you.
Thanks given by:
idk i heard some people talk about this guy from 2000 years ago and hows he might come back and all that shit and he like takes his biggest fans back to have a party where they end up really fucking high

idk man have hope dude
Thanks given by: Orynge
actually at peak times current AC has 60+ pub players, double your estimate
Thanks given by:
Active pubs -> servers, not pub players
Thanks given by:
(23 May 15, 11:15PM)Minty Wrote: Man, too bad. I remember when there would be 30+ active pubs, and many standard CTF/TDM games at that. Guess there isn't much hope for a revival for a game this old. Oh well. :/ Thank you.

be the change you want to see
Thanks given by:
Why are you still here? Do you actually have something worthwhile to add now that you've grown up?
Thanks given by:
im still here yet
Thanks given by:
(26 May 15, 10:00AM)MorganKell Wrote: Why are you still here? Do you actually have something worthwhile to add now that you've grown up?

If you're referring to me, I've grown older since I last played, and I guess I have nothing to add. I did manage to get some pubbing in though. :)
Thanks given by:
Atta boy.... take no shit.  
Thanks given by: