If you could trade stats in AC what would you trade?
(11 May 15, 01:40PM)Orynge Wrote: I'd trade this thread for a better thread.
Already been done XD

#next
Thanks given by:
-200 ping +200 fps
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 02:44AM)MPx Wrote: -200 ping +200 fps

wow
Thanks given by:
-stef +eihrul
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 10:05PM)Vanquish Wrote: -stef  +eihrul
+1
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 10:05PM)Vanquish Wrote: -stef +eihrul

eihrul doesn't give a fuck about making his games enjoyable to play or popular FYI
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 10:29PM)Luc@s Wrote: making his games enjoyable to play

You know eihrul worked on assaultcube right? He basically wrote the entire UDP network code that we're still using today in 1202, and backported some of sauer's rendering techniques. Would he have bothered if he didn't care about improving the game to be more enjoyable?

And yeah, games like sauer and red eclipse are totally dead and have no playerbase left, because they're so unenjoyable (in comparison to AC, which is doing so well)

(12 May 15, 10:29PM)Luc@s Wrote: or popular

sauer's competitive scene > AC's (sadly, because I personally believe AC has the potential to be much better)

I'd also argue that eihrul is more popular amongst his games' respective communities than stef is in AC. And for the love of god don't retort with this only being about how I feel because there is currently an entire irc channel and two teamspeak channels talking about him, and not in a nice way. This post will probably get deleted anyway though so whatever.
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 10:41PM)Vanquish Wrote: You know eihrul worked on assaultcube right? He basically wrote the entire UDP network code that we're still using today in 1202, and backported some of sauer's rendering techniques. Would he have bothered if he didn't care about improving the game to be more enjoyable?
And yeah, games like sauer and red eclipse are totally dead and have no playerbase left, because they're so unenjoyable (in comparison to AC, which is doing so well)
sauer's competitive scene > AC's (sadly, because I personally believe AC has the potential to be much better)
I'd also argue that eihrul is more popular amongst his games' respective communities than stef is in AC. And for the love of god don't retort with this only being about how I feel because there is currently an entire irc channel and two teamspeak channels talking about him, and not in a nice way. This post will probably get deleted anyway though so whatever.
You really think i don't know what eihrul did ?
Sauerbraten gameplay is poor, for me this game is an empty shell (its basically an engine)
i don't see eihrul supporting projects that can make his game more popular
and sauerbraten isnt significantly more competitve than AC
For me eihrul isn't trying to make a popular game, no, just trying to build some tools for game developers and experimenting things. Which is cool, and hes doing it in a nice way. But thats not what AC needs at this point (not at all)
And finally i think whats being said about stef on these two teamspeak  server or IRC channels won'thave any sort of influence beyond these places lmao
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 11:18PM)Luc@s Wrote: and sauerbraten isnt significantly more competitve than AC

[Image: bury-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^What C4rma said. I'm still somewhat active in their community even though I don't play, and they have monthly tourneys that are literally filled with people participating. Say what you want, but AC doesn't have that (again, it's a sad fact, but a fact nonetheless).

Also, I think sauer is just as much of an "engine demo" as AC, or even Tesseract is. I doubt that when Aardappel and eihrul created the cube engine, they ever intended for two games that are still around in 2015 to come from it.

It's fine if eihrul isn't trying to make a popular game "for you", but that's a very different statement from your original one. As I recall, you once told me you hated all sauer/quake type games because they had unrealistic environments with teleporters and so on. again, there's nothing wrong with that - but there's a step from thinking that yourself to assuming others feel the same.
Thanks given by:
Devs been smoking too much weed again?

-inactive mods +me as mod
Thanks given by:
i wanted to say "active" in the first place wrong word
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 11:30PM)Vanquish Wrote: It's fine if eihrul isn't trying to make a popular game "for you", but that's a very different statement from your original one. As I recall, you once told me you hated all sauer/quake type games because they had unrealistic environments with teleporters and so on. again, there's nothing wrong with that - but there's a step from thinking that yourself to assuming others feel the same.

No, its exactly my original statement. And now you're trying to make me say something which is not my point at all but is a matter of opinion just to get people to agree with your position. Lmao, the point is not me liking sauer or not. The point is the current state of this game proves that eihrul is not updating it in the way that would make it a more popular and funnier game.
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 10:41PM)Vanquish Wrote: sauer's competitive scene > AC's (sadly, because I personally believe AC has the potential to be much better)

It does have that potential but AC needs a fresh influx of players. What are the current server limits set at? 20? More often than not all we see are 16 player games with only 8 a team. These are fun but only if you're part of that 16. Add in a few disconnects during the game and a server can drop to 4 or 5 a team and that's just slow. Public servers by their very nature are meant to be fast paced hard hitting smorgasboards of metallic flesh ripping delight. In my opinion I'd recommend making AC visually like it's predecessors. You cannot tell me that this current version is the same as the previous ones in this regard. Maybe there are commands I am missing but when players dl AC for the first time and see the standard look it has now compared to the ones of the past it's no wonder player pools have dropped. Half the beauty of this game was the "feel". I have been semi ranting and raving about the same thing for a while now but it is STILL a problem. The game doesn't look like it used to. The mechanics, the maps, the gameplay may be better, but it doesn't look good. That directly affects first impressions. I honestly should have quit AC within the first couple weeks of playing. All my friends did. Heck the guy who introduced to it gave it up like two days after doing so.

What I am trying to say is this. We need a purpose. A series of goals linked to attaining a level of excellence of which we can be proud. All of this starts by bringing in more players to generate the excitement and feed the pools of competition enough so that when we sign on our lust for blood and action will be properly sated by the fires of war and give us the satisfaction that we earnestly seek everytime we double-click that AC icon.

AC has what it takes.

-1 blocky feel +1 sleek older version feel
Thanks given by:
(13 May 15, 12:11AM)Luc@s Wrote: No, its exactly my original statement. And now you're trying to make me say something which is not my point at all but is a matter of opinion just to get people to agree with your position.
(12 May 15, 10:29PM)Luc@s in his original statement Wrote: eihrul doesn't give a fuck about making his games enjoyable to play or popular FYI

Literally no mention of this being at all relevant to you in your "original statement". It seems like you're trying to back out of what you originally said because you think people are disagreeing with your opinion because you can't back up your initial argument, and you don't want to seem like the idiot, so you're turning it around on me. If you think people are agreeing with me and not you, don't immediately assume I'm resorting to some kind of deception. Maybe you should consider that (when it comes to some, but not all matters) I'm not clueless and I know what I'm talking about, especially when you're comparing one game I'm playing at the same high level as you, to another game I've previously played at a higher level than you.
Thanks given by:
For the record I find this thread quite enjoyable. If the mods go stay their trigger fingers for awhile I'd really appreciate it.

Mr. Vanquish if you would be so kind as to let us know the stats you would trade? ;)
Thanks given by:
(13 May 15, 12:52AM)MorganKell Wrote: For the record I find this thread quite enjoyable. If the mods go stay their trigger fingers for awhile I'd really appreciate it. Mr. Vanquish if you would be so kind as to let us know the stats you would trade? ;)

I agree with you about the mods. :D I already posted a (semi-serious) response in the thread:

(12 May 15, 10:05PM)Vanquish Wrote: -stef  +eihrul

If I'm answering wholly seriously though, probably +5 recoil for -5 spread.
Thanks given by:
Quite a lot of misplaced aggression here. Make Marti a mod already qq #firststeptoabetterAC
Thanks given by:
(13 May 15, 03:00AM)G1gantuan Wrote: Make Marti a mod already qq #firststeptoabetterAC

listen to this man!
Thanks given by:
(13 May 15, 12:07PM)Marti Wrote:
(13 May 15, 03:00AM)G1gantuan Wrote: Make Marti a mod already qq #firststeptoabetterAC

listen to this man!

As long as you permaban anyone calling people dimwits. Filthy forum trolls with their insults.

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2677-post...#pid163725
Thanks given by:
i definitely would, a dev insulting the players??? :o

how is he not warned/banned yet, that should be at least 50%
Thanks given by:
Is it just me or does stef's "going dental" make you warm and fuzzy inside? Imagine him cackling maniacally as he chisels away at your mouth, blood spitting everywhere, fragments of tooth lodged in the wall.
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt know MK i pulled all me teeth out after I found the government was transmitting signals into them from the pentagon
Thanks given by:
- less work + more AC
Thanks given by:
(14 May 15, 08:06AM)MorganKell Wrote: Is it just me or does stef's "going dental" make you warm and fuzzy inside? Imagine him cackling maniacally as he chisels away at your mouth, blood spitting everywhere, fragments of tooth lodged in the wall.

You have a fairly morbid imagination.
Thanks given by:
Split!!!
Thanks given by:
- stef + anything but stef
Thanks given by:
- hate + love
Thanks given by:
- @camper + jumpcity
Thanks given by: