Fps problem
Hey guys,

Some weeks ago i re-installed AC because my fps dropped from 200 to > 70. I thought one simple re-install would do it.. but /maxfps 200 doesn't work anymore for me. Anyone know how to solve that issue?, thx anyways.
Thanks given by:
Maybe you have applications running in the background? W.g. your antivirus is running a scan?
Thanks given by:
"reinstalling" can only fix something, if you fucked up the installed game manually, that is, on purpose.
If you just messed with your game settings, simply rename saved.cfg (and, in case of graphics problems, init.cfg). If that doesn't help, you can rename them back. You should check the file timestamps, to make sure, you are renaming the right files (should be date and time from when you last quit the game).
Btw, "reinstalling" does not touch the game settings, so, if you just broke some keybinds, you can reinstall fifty times without fixing anything, whereas a simple "Reset keybinds" from the menu would fix everything.
Thanks given by:
I've had certain scripts (namely ones that check something every x seconds) drop my fps rather significantly like that before. Do you have anything like that running?
Thanks given by:
Just a question, are other games running fine?
Thanks given by:
maybe ur graphics processor pooped itself and it's using another source to run the application, you should be able to tell when the game starts as to what it's using to run because it gets output in the console if i remember correctly, do you use a laptop or a computer?
Thanks given by: