Akimbo Power-up
When you pick up the Akimbo in game, does it make you feel boss, like a true power-up should? Yes or no? Do you go out of your way to pick up the Akimbo in public games / clan matches, treating it as a tactical element of the game? 

I find it odd that players seem to seek out and control armour, rightly so, in game. However the Akimbo is rarely contested.

Finally, I would like to request that this discussion remain on-topic throughout if possible. 
Thanks given by:
3x the spread of the AR, 80ms faster kill time vs. unarmored enemies. I usually just grab it to keep it away from others, and I'll pull it out for short range fights.

Definitely don't feel like 'a boss'. Two pistols seem weak and boring.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 15, 04:28PM)Nightmare Wrote: Definitely don't feel like 'a boss'. Two pistols seem weak and boring.

Yeah it should definitely be a flame thrower.

I usually pick it up whenever possible, consider I usually play sniper it's a rather decent upgrade for that weapon.  However, when using SMG it really isn't quite that good, although some people can wreck with it.
Thanks given by:
I find it to be easily the best weapon in the game. Usually the time it takes to grab (on shine for example) is not worth the time vs positioning. However when I do grab it I can usually guarantee 1 or 2 kills
Thanks given by:
I vote that the akimbo power up has four pistols.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 15, 06:09PM)PhaNtom Wrote: Considering I usually play sniper it's a rather decent upgrade for that weapon.
Mhmm! I highly encourage grabbing the Akimbo whenever you're using a burst damage weapon (Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or Carbine). It fills the reliable continuous damage niche you miss out on whenever using such primaries and can really save your skin if you miss an important shot. At a minimum you can at least do pistol finishers just a hair faster, and in AssaultCube every millisecond counts.

(21 Mar 15, 06:09PM)PhaNtom Wrote: However, when using SMG it really isn't quite that good, although some people can wreck with it.
Using the Akimbo alongside the Assault Rifle or SMG is something that I think a lot of people don't consider because it seems redundant: Yay, another automatic weapon that does basically the same thing as your primary. How totally useful and exciting. But that's what's great about it: it basically becomes an extension to your magazine. Run out of bullets but need to keep shooting? No problem, swap weapons and spray onward! So long as you can tank or dodge the damage that heads your way, you can double your staying power in a firefight. I've managed six kills in rapid succession once, but that was only possible because I had the Akimbo in my possession.
Thanks given by:
Akimbo's power is related to the map and the main weapon used. It's very efficient for snipers and is just a way to reload faster for other weapons. Akimbo in Shine is powerfull because of it's position in the map, you can use it to camp and kill everyone who spawn or use it as a very offensive weapon if you go by the long corridor. Akimbo on Mines is less powerfull because the map is a galery and the pistol is stronger at long distances since the 1.2, the sound of the pickup is loud and opponents can use it to know where you are, you also can use it to send a fake direction or just because it's more powerfull. or eventually they will jump over it and make "no" sound. But on Mines, it will more be used as a strategic pickup than a powerfull one.

I like the way this pickup is actually. just powerfull enough to have different uses rather than just for the power, it's not something that has been ruined with the new versions like the kevlar on Depot got ruined with the helmets.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 15, 10:05PM)Waffles Wrote: I find it to be easily the best weapon in the game. Usually the time it takes to grab (on shine for example) is not worth the time vs positioning. However when I do grab it I can usually guarantee 1 or 2 kills

Great that you mentioned Shine actually, this is a great example (ac_desert is another one) of how Akimbo is undervalued/unrealised. The best weapon in the game is next to a team base (wtf? :) )

Does anyone think that it would be detrimental to the game in any way, if Akimbo was buffed slightly? All and any responses welcome, but would particularly like to hear from those among us that have played Quake and know the importance of Quad Damage / Battle Suit.
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 15, 12:14AM)Harps Wrote: Does anyone think that it would be detrimental to the game in any way, if Akimbo was buffed slightly? All and any responses welcome, but would particularly like to hear from those among us that have played Quake and know the importance of Quad Damage / Battle Suit.

aside from the aforementioned akimbo placement issues, I'd have no issue with it providing it was something reasonable. I have no idea about ql ctf (don't play it), but in tdm quad + BS spawn every 2 minutes. I don't think quad + BS would be good ideas for AC (maybe BS could work on some maps), but if the akimbo's damage is buffed I'd like to see a longer respawn time.

I'd like to see a new meta introduced into ctf that actually involves controlling pickups properly, even if it's in some kind of primitive form like this. I'd never go out of my way to take an akimbo atm unless I'm trying to deny it from an enemy who's sniping or something.
Thanks given by:
I rush for it when playing left side power. I find it easy to push out that side within the first minute of a map to try and guarantee a quick cap. Also in pubs you can mow down anyone running that side with ease, especially if you've also got the added spray and pray of an SMG.
Thanks given by: