Poll: Do you support trick jumps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, including binds.
10.91%
6 10.91%
Yes, but no bind.
69.09%
38 69.09%
Nopenopenope.
20.00%
11 20.00%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Trick jumps, yay or nay?
So how many people "trick jump", how many people like it, and how many people are against it?? To be honest I'm not really sure what qualifies as a trickjump so I'm going to say trickjump means:
1) Edge jump
2) Double jump (head-hit)
3) Hax jump
Thanks given by:
As I understand it, the double jump implementation was intentional, but that the collision bugs it produces, like the ability to 'hax' jump(including head hit methods) and edge jump, were not intentional.
And, given that the ability to bind these bugs/features is also possible, it really was a dirty implementation in this sense.
I don't think the game would do better with the jumps removed, but I also don't see a lot of people stepping forward to fix the code, either...
Thanks given by:
Since none of the options really fit my opinion on things...

I personally think that the head-hit jump, and the hax jump should be removed or fixed (more on this later). The edge jump should definately stay.

As I see it, if the hax jump wants to be kept, it probably needs to be fixed. Currently it's much easier to perform the jump with a low fps...
Thanks given by:
This is about the gameplay. The current maps are not designed to be played with this feature bugs.

Furthermore the movement of the player is altered and not linear. I do not think random movements bring good gameplay.
You may not use automated features.
Using a macro mouse to shoot quickly with the pistol is noob thing in the same way.
Thanks given by:
They are all features. Whether or not they could also be counted as "bugs" is irrelevant, as strafe running is also a bug but I'm sure nobody would try to argue that it isn't also a feature.

Keep everything above but remove that disgusting bind, and ban anybody who uses it.
Thanks given by:
Mate, I'm just curious how many people support and don't support it. If you don't like them, please vote no so we can get a headcount(?).
Thanks given by:
Of course, this is irrelevant if the implementation is removed completely, but for anyone interested in removing the bind in a current edition you should take a look at this commit...
Thanks given by:
I'm of the opinion that trick jumps should be kept but without binds but I would like the poll to be anonymous (without showing who voted what) for those who are shy or don't want to be subject of 'cyber bullying' :D
Thanks given by:
I can't seem to change it =\
Thanks given by:
I don't use this bind. But I support using it. I think it adds to the fun of the game. People get in high places to snipe, jump over walls... ha! I think it adds a whole new dimension to AC play. I really don't see what the big deal is. Make it an optional bind, and put it in the menu. People use it anyway. And though I try and try I can't get it down manually, but it's fun to play against others using it even if it is a bind.. it adds to the game imo instead of detracts from it.
I think a lot of people are looking at this negatively instead of considering it an evolution in AC. Maybe we should try to look at it from the point of view of the character. If you were the actual little red or blue dude, would you want to be able to jump a little higher maybe adding some special moves to your tactics? In other genres of games this is simply called "upgrading".
I have tried the bind, and can't get it to do anything significant for me, and I still don't care. I still think it should be OK to use it. I don't agree with certain other things like Sniper/pistol scripts and such like we used to have a problem with, or nearly anything else that gives an unfair advantage, but this I have no personal problem with. It's right inline with some other AC quirks imo. If you're a new player, and you don't know how to strafe run or rifle sprint (both also began as glitches if I recall correctly?), then the players that do know how have an "unfair" advantage.
At this point I'm the only "yes including binds" on the poll lololol
Thanks given by:
Yes to edge jump,
No to hax jump
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 15, 10:47AM)Harps Wrote: Yes to edge jump,
No to hax jump

amen
Thanks given by:
You need a "I don't care" or equivalent option in the poll
Thanks given by:
No to hax jump

Agreed.
Thanks given by:
Edge Jumping used to have a pic in the docs section & Gibstick's guide had it as well. That's as good as official.

The other two have never been seen as official by any dev so far, and one gets banned from pretty much every tournament.
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nMokPW2cL4

yes to all jumps without bind, since some people can do them without bind.
Thanks given by:
Jump is a bind and so is crouch. You can't jump without a bind (space).

The hax jump isn't a feature, it's a bug that must be fixed. The way people achieve it (the skilled way or the easy way) doesn't matter.

The edge jump is a feature but not working properly so again, it needs to be fixed.
Thanks given by:
What is hax jump ?
Thanks given by:
Voted no, but this poll does not includes the edge jump so I guess it's insignifiant.
Thanks given by:
No to hax jump
This.

Even if the haxjump bind was removed, i guess its still possible to macro bind it, so just remove haxjump.
Thanks given by:
All triggers are cheats. For me jumps are quake features, it depends where you want to move this game. i like that quake unrealism therefore i didnt like changes with sniper. CS players go away !! :P
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 15, 08:10PM)Alien Wrote: All triggers are cheats. For me jumps are quake features, it depends where you want to move this game. i like that quake unrealism therefore i didnt like changes with sniper. CS players go away !! :P

I played CS 1.0 religiously from 1999 to 2003. 
sCaRFaCE* Accumulated an insurmountable HS percentage during that time lol
Thanks given by:
by "hax jump" - do you mean "crouch jump" or anything else? You all use the term, yet never define it :)

Furthermore, I consider that trickjumps must be removed
Thanks given by:
Hax jump involves crouching, yes. The term "crouch jump" can't apply directly to the hax jump, as they are two seperate things.
Thanks given by:
So hax jump is crouch jump with key binding ?
Thanks given by:
No, it's based on some combination of crouch+jump, I'm not sure of the details as I never learned it, but somebody else can explain it better.

The bind is just a way to do it easier, hence why it is frowned upon.
Thanks given by:
"Hax jump" is some glitch in the engine which allows you to jump vertically a lot higher than you otherwise could, without needing edges and such. I think it has something to do with glitching into the ground slightly, and jumping while the game pushes you out of the ground, or maybe multple jump commands in the same frame. I don't actually know how the engine mechanics of it work, this is all conjecture, but the point is that it is most certainly a bug somewhere.

"Crouch jump" usually refers to crouching while in the air, after jumping. This brings your feet up higher letting you get up to higher ledges

"Edge jump" refers to using edges to jump higher / farther. If you time it right, you can jump off the ground, and then off a slightly higher cube edge (or mapmodel or clip) to increase your vertical and horizontal speeds. It is the same effect or related to how when you run up stairs, you can spam the jump button to run up the stairs a lot faster

I don't actually know what people mean by "Double jump". I've never seen nor heard of anyone doing a double jump in terms of what that means to other games (jumping, and then jumping again mid-air, without anything to jump off of), so clearly the term is misleading.
Thanks given by:
These are all double jumps. If you make two jump within 250 ms (I think that's the number), you end up going faster/higher than normal. In edge jumping, you use the crouching on the edge of an object, say a box, to end your jump and you jump again. In hax jumping, you press shift+crouch twice in the same time period to do it. The other, harder way to do it is to jump crouch jump crouch jump crouch (pre jump) that let's you accomplish this (I forgot why and it's generally less accurate than the first method, which is still less accurate than, say, a bind). The double jump is the same concept, except you bump your head against something (say a low ceiling), that ends your jump and forces you back down. just hit jump again and it'll be as if you edge jumped
Thanks given by:
I think we are all forgetting the age old testament, white men can't jump.....

[Image: 0cTjVos.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Realviking showing you nubs how to do it:

Thanks given by: