Master Whitelist
Greetings clan owners and admins, 
I am creating a whitelist that will pull each clan's individual whitelist from their website. If you would like your clan to be included in this whitelist (which will be implemented on all FaD servers) please drop a link to your whitelist. Below are the clans that are already included:
.4X|
U|
~FEL~
[PSY]
Thanks given by:
We are doing this same thing already bro...
But I wish you luck and hope you worked out some automation in this...
(After asking a few times my entry still hadn't been fixed the last time I tried to login to FaD :/ )
Thanks given by:
Ok well I am pulling yours now so it should work. I will try it again.
Thanks given by:
That sounds dangerous because I could easily create another whitelist with something like

bi |test|
a |test|leader
a |test|member
a |test|member2

get it approved for wget/curl, and then two days later

bi |test|
a |test|leader
a |test|member
a |test|member2
a |FaD|HoeHunter my.ip.goes.here
Thanks given by:
Mouiskos, what you meant by wget/curl?
Thanks given by:
good job Hoe :P
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 15, 06:13PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Mouiskos, what you meant by wget/curl?

Quote:I am creating a master whitelist that will pull each clan's individual whitelist from their website.

wget and curl are two ways to do that.
Thanks given by:
oooh, ya, it's bit dangerous.
Thanks given by:
Make a script that will iterate over the whitelist, stream edit entries that are relevant to the specified clan, then rewrite those entries to their own file. Make a script to do this for each clan/list... Also have the script make a backup of the preceeding version while writing to a log that documents each change.
Make another script that recombines all of those files with your own list in to a master list.
That is the over-simplification of how we do it.
Send us a web address of your list if you would like to be included. Or don't... whatever's clever...
Thanks given by:
Yup forever that's basically what I have done, but it is pretty basic right now. Mousikos, I grep for only the clan's tag for their respective list to prevent the problem you mentioned.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 15, 07:34PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: ... stream edit entries that are relevant to the specified clan...

.4X| .4X
|FaD|
{BoB}
U| |U
Pi_ _Pi
Just a view tag variations. How do you determine what's relevant? Custom rules per clan basis? Because the easiest scheme is to remove the punctuation, but U and Pi could be seen as too common to have a bi command for
Thanks given by:
For FaD, PSY, 4X and FEL i just did it with no punctuation. U's list is easy as it only has the U| members in it, therefore I made it just U.
Thanks given by:
Mousikos Wrote:Custom rules per clan basis?

Why not?
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 15, 02:56AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote:
Mousikos Wrote:Custom rules per clan basis?

Why not?

No reason. Just curious about implementation.
Thanks given by:
^ Same.
Thanks given by:
Ok here is a basic rundown. 

1. Server gets each clan's Whitelist 
2. Server filters each list for the corresponding clan tag 
3. Filtered lists are compiled and put into one large nicknameblacklist.cfg 

I can go into more technical details if anyone is curious xD
Thanks given by:
It looks like I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'd be interested in adding |UF|, if that is still an option.  A lot of people have outdated |UF| whitelists, and it's becoming a problem.
If |UF| can be added, how do you want the whitelist saved? Text file?

Also, could I add this master list to my servers?
Thanks given by:
Yeah for sure! The master list is up at http://whitelists.fad-ac.com/master.cfg and if you can put your list up as a text file and give me the address that would be great
Thanks given by: