Cant get it to run
Welcome to AssaultCube
Developed by 'Rabid Viper Productions'

Use the below menu to change some necessary settings...

Further help & information can be found in your README, which is inside your AssaultCube directory.
stacktrace:
/home/omar/Downloads/1.1.0.1/bin_unix/linux_client(_ZN12signalbinder11stackdumperEi+0x26) [0x812d486]
[0x167400]
/usr/lib/dri/r128_dri.so(+0x142685) [0x7b70685]
/usr/lib/dri/r128_dri.so(+0x144283) [0x7b72283]
/usr/lib/dri/r128_dri.so(_mesa_CopyTexSubImage2D+0x21c) [0x7ad55dc]
/home/omar/Downloads/1.1.0.1/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z11drawminimapii+0x4da) [0x80cc0ca]
AssaultCube error (11) ()
OpenAL Error (A004): invalid operation, line 352
OpenAL Error (A004): invalid operation, line 352
AL lib: ALc.c:1879: exit(): closing 1 Device
AL lib: ALc.c:1808: alcCloseDevice(): destroying 1 Context(s)
AL lib: ALc.c:1420: alcDestroyContext(): deleting 16 Source(s)
AL lib: ALc.c:1818: alcCloseDevice(): deleting 4 Buffer(s)

What did i do wrong?
Thanks given by:
I think linux has to download a few new libraries? (correct me if I'm wrong)
Thanks given by:
:/ I don't remember reading about any problems with the audio library. This be a new prollum.
Thanks given by:
Looks like you're using MESA. Crashes left aside, you won't get far with this in a 3D game. You'll have to install the proprietary drivers for your graphics card (ATI?).
Thanks given by:
@DES|V-Man, I'm sorry I never tried installing AC on linux. :P
Thanks given by:
I forgive you. <3 Work on it.
Thanks given by:
Ok, can you ship me a computer? Along with the child support for DrauL.
Thanks given by:
STFU! You made that monster, you pay for his horrendous dental care! But I still get visitation rights.
Thanks given by:
Hey! GET OUT!
Not my fault he takes after his father and eats sweets like a newborn sucking on his mothers teats on meal day!
I'm divorcing you!
Feel free to shut the door!
See ya in court B****!
Thanks given by:
BB GL HF!

:D
Thanks given by:
:D, sorry for spamming your post lilo346. Family antics, ya know? Anyways, get back to us when you try some of these things.
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 10, 10:33PM)tempest Wrote: Looks like you're using MESA. Crashes left aside, you won't get far with this in a 3D game. You'll have to install the proprietary drivers for your graphics card (ATI?).

Yes, it looks like a crash caused by a video driver to me too. As well as that, I too noticed the MESA line. You should really be using the proper 3D graphics drivers provided to you by your video card manufacturer.

The lines shown near the bottom regarding audio, look to me, as though it's just cleaning up after the crash, not part of the crash itself.
Thanks given by:
The «r128_dri.so» line makes me believe you have a ATI card.
The driver should be in «System -> Administration -> Hardware Drivers».
You may have to check «Proprietary drivers for devices» in «Software Source» to get it.
Ubuntu Lucid Installation Guide - cchtml.com
BinaryDriverHowto/ATI - Community Ubuntu Documentation

You dont say what Linux distro you are on so i link to Ubuntu.
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 10, 10:39AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: You dont say what Linux distro you are on so i link to Ubuntu.
* so I know you're on Ubuntu.
Hrm, hrm...
Thanks given by:
yeah im on Ubuntu 10.10
i think i do have ATI ill check my drivers
and they changed it to additional drivers now
E: fglrx: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 10
E: fglrx-amdcccle: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

W: Ignoring file 'google-chrome.list.distUpgrade' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'lucid-partner.list.save' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'gnomenu-team-ppa-lucid.list.distUpgrade' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'lucid-partner.list.distUpgrade' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'google-talkplugin.list.distUpgrade' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'google-chrome.list.distUpgrade' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'lucid-partner.list.save' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'gnomenu-team-ppa-lucid.list.distUpgrade' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'lucid-partner.list.distUpgrade' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
W: Ignoring file 'google-talkplugin.list.distUpgrade' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

^WTH?
Thanks given by:
Ubuntu 10.10 is Alpha release.
That may be the problem. ;)

Or maybe it has become Beta 1 now.

Edit: But i see you have some 10.04 sources in your list.
Thanks given by:
ok i got the Windoze driver but how do i install
Thanks given by:
right i jsut upgraded from 10.04 and i had the same problem and error code on it
Thanks given by:
System -> System Administration -> Hardware Drivers.
Take a screenshot and post it here.

You could also try installing EnvyNG from the Software Center. It should be able to download and install the drivers for you. I have no idea if it's available on 10.10, though.
Thanks given by:
Disable any non Maverick Meerkat reositories And then try ' sudo apt-get -f install ' in the terminal it might install all the dependancies required to complete the installation.
Thanks given by:
EnvyNG is not available from 10.04.
Use «Jockey».
You can try
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get install fglrx-modaliases && jockey-gtk
Or search for them in Synaptic.

Edit: But why you wanna use Ubuntu 10.10?
This is, according to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickReleaseSchedule, a Beta version.
Thanks given by: