[split] Warning
[Image: 7XBoNrX.png]
I forgot to remove 1 or 2 pervious post in quote SORRY MAN 20%! Lol
EDIT: No I quote 2 short message this is spam? Or warned wrong person? Becus I see grenadier/Luc@s/Medusa quote same way and they're mod/dev?
Thanks given by:
No, you quoted 4 people in a pyramid fashion. That much quote had nothing to do with your reply and if you go back to your post, you can see I edited it with the reason to lessen quote spam. You then posted this in the quotes thread which is actually off topic so actually I should increase your warning more shouldn't I?
Thanks given by:
OK friend u can tell me what I do wrong in private message or somewhere no need for this warning
Thanks given by:
That's the point of the warning system and it sent you a PM with it was well. You brought this out to the public so lets talk publicly.
Thanks given by:
OK but It felt aggressive to me with all this % and many minutes but I was wrong thx
Thanks given by:
It sounds much better when it says 1 month doesn't it?

Stupid MyBB.
Thanks given by:
http://strlen.com/trusted-communities
thx to RR

http://www.mybb.com/features/09-reputation/

Thanks given by:
Well with all due fairness, how can you give warnings for minor mistakes such as spam or going off-topic? I received 50% warning just for going off topic twice. I understand what i did was wrong, however, I honestly think you devs are making an unnecessary deal out of it . Moreover, the people who are arguing on the forum want the game to improve, they are actually showing initiative. Yet, they are receiving warnings too. All i am trying to say is, just go easy with the warnings please.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8100-post...#pid161390
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 06:51AM)Mise Wrote: Well with all due fairness, how can you give warnings for minor mistakes such as spam or going off-topic? I received 50% warning just for going off topic twice. I understand what i did was wrong, however, I honestly think you devs are making an unnecessary deal out of it . Moreover, the people who are arguing on the forum want the game to improve, they are actually showing initiative. Yet, they are receiving warnings too. All i am trying to say is, just go easy with the warnings please.

Most of them aren'tshowing initiative at all, they are attacking those who are.
Thanks given by:
1Cap, you kept going off the TOPIC here.

And why is this even in public? -.-
Thanks given by:
@Lucas: Well i only think they are attacking devs because the devs simply ignore what the players want, or suggest.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 02:25PM)Mise Wrote: @Lucas: Well i only think they are attacking devs because the devs simply ignore what the players want, or suggest.

Is OK to attack dev but is not OK for dev to ban?
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 02:25PM)Mise Wrote: @Lucas: Well i only think they are attacking devs because the devs simply ignore what the players want, or suggest.

So we work on the game on our free time, we provide people ways to contribute, to follow the updates. Then people don't contribute, don't follow the updates (who checks github). Then can't tell what they want (look at the forums, nobody is formulating coherent suggestions).
So we should accept that they attack us and our work ? We should let them insult us on our forums ? We should allow them to actively disturb our tournaments ? Should we let them ask people not to try our matchclient for retarded reasons such as Larry got banned on one teamspeak server and can't deal with it ?

Are you kidding ? If its how you treat the developers - those who can actually implement what should be done - don't expect them to do anything.
Thanks given by:
  • players usually don't agree in what other players suggest, so it is simply impossible to listen to everyone - you can't follow opposing suggestions
  • some suggestions make no sense, for example "ironsights"
  • some suggestions are simply wrong - like "allow everything and bring back ezjemville"
  • other suggestions have been taken into account, and may influence future releases... you do realise, that that takes time, right?
  • some suggestions would be nice, but require too much effort for too little gain
  • some suggestions would be nice, but would be able to be exploited - and countermeasures may not be possible or practicable
  • some suggestions just don't fit the game, or the "fast and arcade gameplay"
We do listen to players. But neither all wishes of players nor all whishes of devs can be fulfilled. Sry.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 06:31PM)stef Wrote: We do listen to players. But neither all wishes of players nor all whishes of devs can be fulfilled. Sry.

First of all, I did not say to take in every single fucking suggestion. Please dont twist my words. Take in the suggestions the ones that you know will help improve the game, e.g have a vote or something. Obviously, something like "ironsights" is stupid. All i am trying to say is that there should be a more reliable chance given to non devs to explain what they want, especially from some experienced competitive members such as Vanquish, Redbull, or Honor. I am 100% sure this would benefit the game.

One more thing, I understand that you guys put a lot of time into this, and sacrifice your free time. I really enjoy the game, and i am very greatful that there are people like you who actually care about AC. However, sometimes you have to also take in the constructive feedback that you receive from the community. Sometimes you have to put your ego aside. 
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 06:31PM)stef Wrote:
  • players usually don't agree in what other players suggest, so it is simply impossible to listen to everyone - you can't follow opposing suggestions
  • some suggestions make no sense, for example "ironsights"
  • some suggestions are simply wrong - like "allow everything and bring back ezjemville"
  • other suggestions have been taken into account, and may influence future releases... you do realise, that that takes time, right?
  • some suggestions would be nice, but require too much effort for too little gain
  • some suggestions would be nice, but would be able to be exploited - and countermeasures may not be possible or practicable
  • some suggestions just don't fit the game, or the "fast and arcade gameplay"
We do listen to players. But neither all wishes of players nor all whishes of devs can be fulfilled. Sry.
Wrong is subjective in this case
Thanks given by:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ironsights+image

I would be able to speak with you on a few points about your post and beeing sure you read and take everything in consideration, I just doubt this forum is the right place now. Poeple suggested so much shit and non sence things (ironsights has sence...) without knowing the engine and it's possibilities/limits at all, now people who just want to share their decents reflexions about the game are not beeing taken into consideration as they should be.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 06:58PM)Mise Wrote: All i am trying to say is that there should be a more reliable chance given to non devs to explain what they want,
Guess what - that is what this forum is for. And it is the reason, why we will now clean it up a bit. It has become unuseable. Every thread gets derailed and turned to shit in just a few posts.

I expect most players to understand this. We have an offtopic section, where anyone can be as offtopic as possible. And if you want to have completely free speech and the freedom to insult each others all day long: there are other forums for that. If you can't find one, create one yourself. Have fun.

Those who don't understand it, will quite soon rack up enough warning points to be banned. C'est la vie.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 06:58PM)Mise Wrote: All i am trying to say is that there should be a more reliable chance given to non devs to explain what they want, especially from some experienced competitive members such as Vanquish, Redbull, or Honor. I am 100% sure this would benefit the game.

Show me their posts where they make such suggestions on the forums, please.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 07:13PM)Mousikos Wrote:
(25 Feb 15, 06:31PM)stef Wrote:
Wrong is subjective in this case

a) learn to quote, ffs
b) i wrote an essay six years ago, explaining how wrong it is and why - go complain to the one who deleted the forum since then

Crap maps are the bane of AC - and I feel bad about it, because it's partly my fault. Let's see, if we can't correct that with the next release :)
Thanks given by:
I would not say that the problem comes from the crap maps themselves; The problem is that players (especially new players) needs direction. The purpose of a game needs to be clear; If we want it to be oriented towards competitive games, then when a player launches AC, it has to be obvious; If the server browser is full of ezjemville like maps, its wrong; It gives you the feeling its what AC is supposed to be, and you theres no way you can find out about the private games that can be going on (inters, clan wars, which we want to encourage).

Crap maps are a problem because AC feels weird : when you launch it, you are not introduced to the community, and you are not introduced to the competitive gameplay at all. Instead, you are introduced to shit@camper and other maps;
These maps could be playable for training/fun (like gemas), but they should not appear in priority, or the game will look like shit.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 15, 09:04PM)stef Wrote: the next release :)

Is there a timetable for this yet?
Thanks given by:
When it's done and well tested.
Thanks given by:
"Crap maps" is the wrong word. The problem is "easy maps". When all new and unexperienced players hang around on easy maps, and only skilled players play on proper maps, the barrier for new players to go and learn the layout of real maps is too high. As soon as they join a server with a real game running on it, they will get crushed - and go back to their easy map, where they can hide in a corner. There are no "entry level" games on proper maps anymore.
It takes some time to get the hang of a new game. On AC you can hang around on easy maps and learn nothing, get bored and leave - or join a pub on an official map, get crushed, get frustrated and leave.
Bringing back even more easy maps would be wrong.
Thanks given by:
Quote:"Crap maps" is the wrong word. The problem is "easy maps". When all new and unexperienced players hang around on easy maps, and only skilled players play on proper maps, the barrier for new players to go and learn the layout of real maps is too high. As soon as they join a server with a real game running on it, they will get crushed - and go back to their easy map, where they can hide in a corner. There are no "entry level" games on proper maps anymore.
It takes some time to get the hang of a new game. On AC you can hang around on easy maps and learn nothing, get bored and leave - or join a pub on an official map, get crushed, get frustrated and leave.

This is true. Sometimes unexperienced player move among skilled players and doesnt leave.But this is happening in many other games too, for example in starcraft you can play desert map - for training macro, micro tournament for training micro and many shitty modes. AC has tower map for camping and scoping and sniping, gema for trick jumping, etc. AC hasnt proper singleplayer for sub this. I am sceptical you will be sucessfull with clean AC from the start.
Thanks given by:
you all who provided new restricts to new version game,all idiots,not every time new is better,not now
Thanks given by:
OPEN your client!
its a opensource project. 
Thanks given by:
AC is opensource. All forks on github are opensource. The match client is not. How about, you respect Lucas' freedom of choice, what to do with his work?
I know, "but it's the principle!!!1!11!!" and any SJW can not let go, bitching about that. However, this is a game, not a religion. Let it go...
Frankly, I am very happy, that the match client's source is not open. I asked Lucas, to stay with the decision and keep it closed.
Thanks given by:
le stef.
What do you think will be the stand-out features of 1.3?
Thanks given by: