Wallhack? Aimbot?
Is this guy wallhacking/aimbotting or did I totally call it wrong?

http://speedy.sh/ngPry/20150217-0234-80....-TOSOK.dmo
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 15, 03:46AM)Mousikos Wrote: Is this guy wallhacking/aimbotting or did I totally call it wrong?

http://speedy.sh/ngPry/20150217-0234-80....-TOSOK.dmo

You called it wrong bud. I saw nothing at all but straight legit play. He threaded the needle a few times and made some sweet hs's, but everything looks on the up and up to me
Thanks given by:
I think it's partly due to the way the AC engine does the physics. Sometimes it seems like you're already behind the wall and you still get hs'ed. That same thing applies to dead-body-flag-returns and delayed gibs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 15, 08:43PM)VectorM12 Wrote: I think it's partly due to the way the AC engine does the physics. Sometimes it seems like you're already behind the wall and you still get hs'ed. That same thing applies to dead-body-flag-returns and delayed gibs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

its not a physics thing, its lag
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I had an exam yesterday and I was recovering from sleep dep. After my next two exams, I'll try to pinpoint the part I thought was wallhack/aimbot and why -- it's not so much that he shot them there it's the fact that he almost twisted directly towards them.
Thanks given by:
Although the recent events have had very drastic implications, and I haven't actually posted anything in a while, I guess I'll be one to maintain some slight of continuity in this midst of chaotic childishness.

It is my proper and formal opinion that analyzing for cheats such as aim-bots (and its sub-categories comprised of trigger-bots, aim-assistants similar to that of consoles, etc), wall-hacks (which requires from the observer a decent understanding of "meta-game", an acquaintance with the dominant strategic and tactical know-hows within the actual game's limited environment), and other such foul play within Assault Cube's demo player which shows very inaccurate mouse movement and other such folly,

is a mostly tiresome process that can only lead to misjudgments as it is a very obvious necessity for observers with a knack for calling out suspicious actions to be provided with the utmost of resources and accurate information, so that tragic events wherein innocent players get banished from the community's radar and wherein fraudulent players get wrongly provided legal confirmation, can be (hopefully) avoided.

The above is not only mere opinion but the intellectual necessities of competitive players alike, I assure you truly. If you do not believe me then I should think that you are rational enough to delve into this subject deeply enough so that we may settle such argumentation devoid of informal stupidity. Or if you already do fancy yourself a most experienced analyzer, then do call me out heartily and without hesitation; please do present your organized retaliation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:it's not so much that he shot them there it's the fact that he almost twisted directly towards them.

I must inform you that I am unable to make any specific judgments regarding the suspect as the link you provided that contains the demo itself seems to be faulty. If others prove otherwise though then please do inform of my unorthodox case.

Considering the limitations imposed by the very inadequate demo player, I cannot make any concrete judgments with just your vague description, thus I will make do with abstractions. I will assume that the suspect in question meets all the qualifications for legal issues to arise wherein confirmation is a very important confrontation. This suspicion will not meet its finalization as long we have not concluded whether this individual is either a highly-skilled performer, or literally such only due to assistance from illegal tools. 

First we must formulate what, indeed, makes for a "highly-skilled performer" devoid of likely fraudulent interactions within the accessible playing field. I shall involve in my equation input from another observer, in the form of a quote.

"Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a likely cheater." - some random noob in esreality

This is seemingly logical in terms of practicality, but it is in fact a highly laughable assertion, as any sufficiently intelligent observer of interactions, given the resources and information, will be able to distinguish legitimate actions from fraudulent ones. These actions involve not only strategic and tactical applications, but mechanical processes that define one's alternate prowess. The left and right sides of one's cortex play very big roles to gauging out the potentiality of a specific performer, even within the playing field. They also directly manifest in the performer's constant interactions with the game environment and its constitutes, and thus observers with notable experience will always have critical input into validating the legitimacy of a performer, whereas oversimplifications like the statement above will be approved only by the likes of mediocre minds. 

I have recently heeded that a much more suitable client of Assault Cube for competition is in constant development, seemingly lead by Lucas. I skimmed through the thread and I must declare that I found myself most overjoyed having been provided an important resource in determining a certain category of cheats (wall-hacks). It seems to feature the ability for observers to see through walls in demos, which is a grand convenience. Commendable developments indeed, I give a round of applause for Lucas and whoever else that partook into the client's creation. 

I have much much more to inform you but I must end my "opinion" there. I request that you provide an appropriate replacement for the broken link so that we may delve into this matter in more detail. 

I eagerly wait your retaliation. (P.S, I hope this post of mine conforms to the standards seemingly imposed upon me. k)

- G1gantuan
Thanks given by:
My aforementioned annotation remains operative and optimal in the propitious and contemporaneous vein of our persisting confabulation.   
Thanks given by:
Guys,

If you have a master thesis to write on AC, please show it the proper respect of giving it its own thread. If you each have your own respective bones to pick with each other, then this is a private matter best handled through the appropriately named private message system. In other words, if you have something directly related to the demo in question, then please post. If not, kindly refrain from posting here.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
The link isn't broken. I just clicked on it, and I did read your post.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 15, 06:40PM)Mousikos Wrote: The link isn't broken. I just clicked on it, and I did read your post.

hmm, it started to work for me. k i just downloaded it. can confirm link is working 

i will give you my analysis of the demo later, it will be slightly lengthy. also if you really did read my post then list at least 5 points that i made.
Thanks given by:
ffs, find something useful to waste your energy
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I read over it and promptly discarded it from my mind. Didn't realize I'd be quizzed on the material later.
Thanks given by:
Who in this demo would be the "hacker"? And please this hoster lol.
Thanks given by: