Disappointed by lack of official mapping competitions
Hi guys. You may remember me.

I think we need a new mapping competition, because apparently the 9th has been set up awfully. 

I nominate Undead to be the judge, because he knows so much about mapping.

Quote:here is what i feel should happen. if halo is going to run a terrible competition, why not run a superior competition in its place

He is clearly the most qualified for the job as self proclaimed, and if he had any bollacks tucked in his underwear he would make a 'superior competition' 
Thanks given by:
son i am desapoint
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 02:54AM)Hellspell Wrote: son i am desapoint

Why? I'm really deadly serious. Halo is so bad
Thanks given by:
I am even desponedent even!
Thanks given by:
It's just something I've always wanted to say tbqh.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 02:51AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: I nominate Undead to be the judge, because he knows so much about mapping.

Who will create the good maps then?
Thanks given by:
Exoduss will of course! I was too blind for all these years, obviously this is far better.
Thanks given by:
why are you so upset? you haven't even read my posts lol.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 02:59AM)ExodusS Wrote:
(17 Jan 15, 02:51AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: I nominate Undead to be the judge, because he knows so much about mapping.

Who will create the good maps then?

I guess Undead won't be allowed to enter. Bizarre, what was the last map he entered..?
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 03:01AM)Undead Wrote: why are you so upset? you haven't even read my posts lol.

What? You make it sound like I haven't read your post. I'd just rather carry it over to here than defile my friends competition.

(17 Jan 15, 02:24AM)Undead Wrote:
(17 Jan 15, 01:56AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: It's okay, mate. At least you understood caverns was so crammed full of rocks that you had to modify it. I'm surprised it took your sorry self so long to realise that. I guess you were too busy making praises that came directly out of your arse that you failed to realise how terrible it was with gameplay. Simply adds to the irony that you're complaining about the layout element when cavern was so bloody bad.

you do realize you're just arguing my point? rofl

I'm really sorry for my lack of IQ, but what am I arguing your point at? Your layout wouldn't of won the competition then nor now. Have you ever made your own layout? Your map must be so good, it's gone over the radar and I've never heard of it.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 03:07AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: I'm really sorry for my lack of IQ, but what am I arguing your point at? Your layout wouldn't of won the competition then nor now. Have you ever made your own layout? Your map must be so good, it's gone over the radar and I've never heard of it.

ok, lets break this down, just for you. sans attaques personnelles

it is my firm belief that maps in AC have the primary purpose of being played.

therefore, the quality of a map should be judged according to this primary criteria.

therefore, the art of a map should have secondary consideration.

ac_cavern is exactly why i'm arguing my point.

ac_cavern (in AC as it stands, not the rework that fixes these issues) is a map that stands out because it is an insanely well detailed map, but is hampered by some issues that destroy its gameplay.

therefore, because such weight is given to artistic considerations when judging maps, a map like ac_cavern would be held to be superior to a map like ac_shine, despite it obviously being an unenjoyable map.

however, without a doubt, ac_shine is considered to be a far superior map to ac_cavern. is it all clicking together now?

i can't really make it much clearer.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 03:23AM)Undead Wrote:
(17 Jan 15, 03:07AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: I'm really sorry for my lack of IQ, but what am I arguing your point at? Your layout wouldn't of won the competition then nor now. Have you ever made your own layout? Your map must be so good, it's gone over the radar and I've never heard of it.

ok, lets break this down, just for you.

it is my firm belief that maps in AC have the primary purpose of being played.

therefore, the quality of a map should be judged according to this primary criteria.

therefore, the art of a map should have secondary consideration.

ac_cavern is exactly why i'm arguing my point.

ac_cavern (in AC as it stands, not the rework that fixes these issues) is a map that stands out because it is an insanely well detailed map, but is hampered by some issues that destroy its gameplay.

therefore, because such weight is given to artistic considerations when judging maps, a map like ac_cavern would be held to be superior to a map like ac_shine, despite it obviously being an unenjoyable map.

however, without a doubt, ac_shine is considered to be a far superior map to ac_cavern. is it all clicking together now?

i can't really make it much clearer.

I would call your map well detailed. Insanely is taking it a bit far. I agree, ac_cavern is a piece of garbage. I also completely disagree that ac_cavern would be considered to be superior to ac_shine. If I was a judge, and I truly cared about detail, I would understand that certain elements like your pillar of rocks in every room was impeding on the game play. Whatever you consider that pillar, art or layout is up to you. At least you've taken them away.

You're right, the most difficult question that has faced my life, whether shine is better than cavern has been revealed to me. Shine is still better.
Thanks given by:
you're jumping through mental hoops just to protect your ego.

as i said in the other thread, just leave it there, and we can forget this happened.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 03:45AM)Undead Wrote: you're jumping through mental hoops just to protect your ego.

as i said in the other thread, just leave it there, and we can forget this happened.

Oh thank you. I'll concede now because it was a losing battle and I have to back out of it before I make myself look like a fool.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 04:03AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: I'll concede now because it was a losing battle and I have to back out of it before I make myself look like a fool.

way too late bud
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 06:52AM)Vanquish Wrote:
(17 Jan 15, 04:03AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: I'll concede now because it was a losing battle and I have to back out of it before I make myself look like a fool.

way too late bud

Howling with laughter. What nation are you from? Do you have any concept of sarcasm?

If you want to become familiar with it you can contact myslef a British, which invented the thing.
You clearly don't understand, and I'm more than happy to educate American folk who have no concept of sarcasm.
Thanks given by:
I want the last word.

word
Thanks given by:
word
Thanks given by:
Thread had potential, not bad satire, but quickly became tl;dr... 1/10.

EDIT: Increased points to 2/10 due to spelling disappointed with two p's.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 15, 07:25AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Howling with laughter. What nation are you from? Do you have any concept of sarcasm?

If you want to become familiar with it you can contact myslef a British, which invented the thing.
You clearly don't understand, and I'm more than happy to educate American folk who have no concept of sarcasm.

lol who even is this guy srsly

EDIT: based on your previous posts I can tell you're either dumb or you just don't think about people's posts after you read them, so I will clarify some things since I feel like that's important if we're gonna continue talking, don't want to have to repeat myself like Undead did (btw about undead, here is an example of undead not tearing someone else's map to shit, you'll find he's a very fair person, he's just brutally honest).
okay so firstly, I am British (don't mean this in an egotistical way but I'd have thought more people around here would know who I am than who you are (could possibly just be down to your own inactivity/the fact that i actually play the game/etc but yeah)), and secondly, I knew you were trying to be sarcastic. Keyword: trying. You failed because in this instance you really have made yourself look like a whining idiot, and the best part of all of it is your ignorance to the entire situation. I don't want to start an argument with you because my guess is that you're pretty young (sry if i'm wrong but if i am then god help you) and I also spammed forums like an idiot when I was a kid. My suggestion would just be to not take things so seriously because um well it's the internet and I'm guessing that both of us probably have better things to do than insult each other. ok, have a nice night brah \o
Thanks given by:
Who reopened this. Dammit rk
Thanks given by: