Any tips for getting better FPS on macbook?
Already using texreduce and would prefer to keep the screen as big as possible. I'm hitting about 150fps at the moment but wouldn't mind pushing it a bit higher if anybody has any ideas. I might try and compile from source later to see if that helps at all.
Thanks given by:
Believe it or not, texreduce actually has no impact on your FPS.

But regardless, here are some commands to try:

trilinear 0 //Disables trilinear filtering
bilinear 0 //Disables bilinear filtering (ugly as hell)
dynlights 0 //Disables dynamic lights
dynshadow 0 //Disables dynamic shadows
minlod 60 //Lower level of detail
vsync 0 //No vertical sync
lighterror 50 //The higher, the faster, the uglier
maxfps 0
Thanks given by:
Disable everything that starts with 'water'.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, will give these a go.
Thanks given by:
/dbghbox 1
Thanks given by:
When I first discovered AssaultCube the concept of having to use a texreduce to play was unfathomable. Hell I didn't even know what a texreduce was! So... jamz. I love you like a bro-han of the 10th degree, but everything I have been randomly posting about the aesthetics is true. 1.0.4 LOOKED BETTER. Why did we give that up? Was the goal of the new version to look like shit while addressing competitive balance or did we just decide to throw that in there on the side. The downloadable version looks heavy, it blocks like a 350 pound linebacker named Rhonda.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 15, 02:20AM)Vermi Wrote: /dbghbox 1

Oh no you didnt
Thanks given by:
You can try a lower resolution stretched maybe.
Thanks given by:
Castiel, please play with this newer OS X client. http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7908-post...#pid157600

This client allows you to play in fullscreen (it fixes the fullscreen crash bug) instead of having to play in windowed mode. The benefit for you here should be increased and more stable fps. The only downside with this client is that you will not be able to minimise the application whilst in fullscreen / use OS X shortcuts - this is due to a problem with SDL 1.2, not the game.

Alternatively, if you can compile from the latest GitHub master, do so, it is just a slightly newer version of the aforementioned fix.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 15, 12:07PM)Marti Wrote:
(16 Jan 15, 02:20AM)Vermi Wrote: /dbghbox 1

Oh no you didnt

the real mans wallhack
Thanks given by:
I reenabled that in the above link by Harps ^^

Castiel, if you do run that client, consider building it from source and keeping the debug symbols.
Thanks given by: