AC Match Client
A new (bigger) update is ready for download !
* Authentication linked to http://woop.ac/
* Group system (can set which clan/team/group you want to play for)
* Some server side updates
Download
Thanks given by:
http://woop.ac:81/linux_client_1202.2.zip 404 not found
Thanks given by:
thanks, i fixed the link.
Thanks given by:
Thanks to Drakas, we now have two more match servers which offer all the features available in the match client :

/connect tyr.woop.ac 3999
/connect tyr.woop.ac 4999
Thanks given by:
Important: once downloaded, you have to launch the game using the MatchClient shortcut, not "AssaultCube".
Thanks given by:
Linux 32 bit?
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 15, 03:13AM)MPx Wrote: Linux 32 bit?
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 15, 03:13AM)MPx Wrote: Linux 32 bit?
+1

mod edit: stop braindead quoting
Thanks given by:
ability to see players through walls

while watching a demo
Thanks given by:
I get following error message, when i try to enter a server with the current map "spin" :

calcmapdims(): border violation ()

As an result the ac client is crashing.
Thanks given by:
"spin" is a broken map. Bug the author for a corrected version.
Thanks given by:
this problem comes from the updates that were included in the development version of AC. It should be fixed if you are using the latest version of the client...
EDIT : actually i reverted the "fix" now you say it. stef post applies.
Thanks given by:
If you want to implement anticheat, implement it please with help of third side, there are some known anticheat systems. There is no need to close AC client and split the development. I am developer, take it as advice. ;)
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 15, 09:22PM)Alien Wrote: If you want to implement anticheat, implement it please with help of third side, there are some known anticheat systems. There is no need to close AC client and split the development. I am developer, take it as advice. ;)

There is no anticheat in the client, for the 1000th time...
Thanks given by:
So i don't understand why it is closed. Is it strategy how to test new AC client ? Or you want to protect server-side interface before you finish development ? It is mystery for me.
Thanks given by:
The match client is not an official AC client. It's a separate thing to use on woopies match system thingus. It's a woop project so woopies want to keep it a woop thing. Therefore it's closed.
Thanks given by:
So it is server-side interface. You need some secured mechanism with open client instead of closing it. Server side generated token with hashed logon information and time expiration isnt enough ? Or you can generate seperated token for each couple of request and response.
Thanks given by:
@Alien you have no idea what you are talking about. The source is closed because we don't want people to take one or few things from the code and that's it. We want people to try it until its completely finished.

By the way, many AC players use self compiled binaries, and you seem to trust them...
Thanks given by:
Quote:many AC players use self compiled binaries
Therefore everybody is paranoid. So many players were busted by jamz with using wrong client thanks one stupid mistake. So if there isnt/will not be additional interface or anticheat, i have read list of features again and i still dont get why it is secret. What from the list would affect current clan matches ?
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 15, 12:14AM)Alien Wrote:
Quote: What from the list would affect current clan matches ?

What about the wallhack bit?
Thanks given by:
You can use cheats outside of ac code, no need to implement them in ac code. To be more precise, you shouldnt implement them, we have blacklist for such people.
Thanks given by:
I love the idea. I'm not quite so in love with the fact that I can't download either binary. Both result in an Access Denied.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 15, 12:40PM)Alien Wrote: You can use cheats outside of ac code, no need to implement them in ac code. To be more precise, you shouldnt implement them, we have blacklist for such people.

Yes but cheats typically run the risk of being backdoored or containing other forms of malicious code.  At least with this one we have a bit of trust in the developers (or should, considering what they have contributed to AC).
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 15, 05:24AM)Padfoot Wrote: I love the idea. I'm not quite so in love with the fact that I can't download either binary. Both result in an Access Denied.

http://woop.ac:81/windows_client_1202.2.exe
Not working ?
Thanks given by:
Well... he is a *nix user anyway xD
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm...

Interesting...

Seems to not work at school, and only at school (the place I can conveniently download). Wonder why. Anyway, I'll find somewhere to download it.
Thanks given by:
School filter running perhaps?
Thanks given by:
maybe the port 81 is filtered by your school yes.
Thanks given by:
I really liked using the client :D
Thanks given by:
This is awesome :D i hope this gets implemented into the actual game someday.

Good job Luc@s, you've got full support from me!
Thanks given by: