ac_inca
that's a suprise
Thanks given by:
arf

i don't understand how to upload it on akimbo site...

:$

someone to help, please ?
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 10, 09:09PM)Boeufmironton Wrote: arf

i don't understand how to upload it on akimbo site...

:$

someone to help, please ?
You'd need the 'powers' on the vault to be able to upload it here, or just post it and a screenshot here and I'll upload it for you.
Thanks given by:
euh... ok ?

Don't you have all you need ? can you do this for me ?

the zip file contain the mapmodels, textures and map, and there is a screenshot at the start of this post...

Is it good ?

again, i am sorry, but my english is really poor: i don't know what means "vault" and i don't unserstand why i nead "powers"... :$

Sorry again, and thank's a lot if you can do this for me
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 10, 09:18PM)Boeufmironton Wrote: euh... ok ?

Don't you have all you need ? can you do this for me ?

the zip file contain the mapmodels, textures and map, and there is a screenshot at the start of this post...

Is it good ?

again, i am sorry, but my english is really poor: i don't know what means "vault" and i don't unserstand why i nead "powers"... :$

Sorry again, and thank's a lot if you can do this for me
http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=668
Thanks given by:
thank you Andrez !

so now, i can work on another :)
Thanks given by:
Sorry I missed one of your posts.
What I was having trouble with uploading to a server. I asked Bukz later, and he gladly obliged to help me :)
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-804-post-...l#pid13109
Thanks given by:
Hello

The second one of the pack adventures:

ac_inca2

[Image: capture3.jpg]

some textures have been added and some revisited.

you can get it here: http://www.compagnie-urticaire.com/ac_inca.zip

i am trying it.

i think there is a problem with the starting locations...

if someone want to try it, i will be pleased
Thanks given by:
I tried it, and like the first one, awesome.

You should clip the ropes in the bridge that is under the long stairway, where there is the golden thing on top.
Thanks given by:
i wanted to put clips on the ropes, but my pc bugs when i put clips entities... :(

"I tried it, and like the first one, awesome." you mean the second is not good ?

inca2 is too large, and there are too many ways for nothing

i will work again.

your opinions are still welcome

thank's for your answer, andrez

question: why is there a limitation of 256 textures in assault cube ? why not expand it to 512 ? hard ?
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 10, 04:09PM)Boeufmironton Wrote: i wanted to put clips on the ropes, but my pc bugs when i put clips entities... :(

"I tried it, and like the first one, awesome." you mean the second is not good ?

He means he thinks this map (ac_inca2) and your other map (ac_inca) are both awesome :)
Thanks given by:
I'm sure if you ask nicely, someone would be willing to try putting clips on the ropes for you.
I like both of them. They are epic.
I never noticed a 256 texture limit. But then I never had need for more than 256 textures in one map. Are you trying to use more than 256 textures on a map?
Thanks given by:
Dang?!??!?!?!?!!!
Thanks given by:
OMG, ac_inca2 is just as good :)
Thanks given by:
I would have to say that these are the best new maps I've seen in awhile (although, I dont test too many maps).
Thanks given by:
here is ac_inca3: the last crusade

[Image: capture04.jpg]

it's an open temple: the two first maps where underworld, these is up in the mountain. maybe it need a little work more to add details...

Thank's all for your help.

My pc bugs and so, if someone has a little time to clip the bridge in ac_inca2 and the ropes in ac_inca3, it will be fantastic.

If you do so, send me the map at [email protected]

i don't know if clip that block the way but not block the line of sight is possible... that will be the best

i want the players to can jump up the ropes.

i want to do another map using inca textures: the entry of the temple, with deep canyon and rope bridge... i will try, we will see what it done.

thank's again

the three maps and the new textures are here: http://compagnie-urticaire.com/adventure.zip
Thanks given by:
Mate, you are good.

Maybe you went a bit overboard with the trees in this latest one, but all these maps are very pleasing to the eye. The textures are all winners.

Good job.
Thanks given by:
WHOW nice map, you got the looking good, but you could have thought a bit more about Gameplay. Sniper seems a bit too easy in this map.

BUT AWESOME!
Thanks given by:
hello again

i have several question about assault cube

i download milk shape and make my own mapmodels.

is there a maximum number of slices for a mapmodel ?
is there a max number of mapmodels in a map ? does it depends on the numbers of slices by mapmodels ?

when ac charge the .cfg file, does it load all textures and mapmodels assigned ? is it good for less lagging to assign only the textures and mapmodels using in the map ?

i will soon show you the 20 mapmodels i created for the adventure pack.

thank's for your answer... i am not a good player, but i enjoy too much to create universes !!!

thank's to the creators of assault cube !

:)

Boeufmironton
Thanks given by:
Whaouh this map is awesome ! i like the textures !
I hope she isn't laggy :/
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 10, 11:30AM)Boeufmironton Wrote: is there a maximum number of slices for a mapmodel ?
is there a max number of mapmodels in a map ? does it depends on the numbers of slices by mapmodels ?

Slices? I guess you mean faces.
Try to create models with as few faces as possible. 50 faces is already quite heavy.
About the number of mapmodels: again, use as few as possible. 100 to 150 is about the maximum. Of course, what really matters is the number of faces, so in theory, if you have a model with only 3 faces, you could use many of them without suffering from slowdown.
Thanks given by:
There's no maximum per se, but as tempest said, challenge yourself to keep the number as low as possible.
Thanks given by: