Spin
Spin by RKTnoob

This underground military air defense facility is a remnant from the cold war, it was decommissioned 3 months ago due to budget cuts, all the valuable stuff was packed in crates and made ready for shipping, but due to the recent labor strike the shipping was delayed. RVSF and CLA are battling for those resources, trying to take them before the military ships them all out.

Get it on AKIMBO!
screenshots:
[Image: spin.jpg]
Thanks given by:
From the screenshots alone (haven't looked at the map yet, but I will), this reminds me of something you'd see in half-life engine games (maybe Team Fortress Classic?). Looks very promising.

Just took a look at the map, and it indeed is very promising. The detail (thus far) is fantastic, and I even get a good frame rate. Please continue working on this map, I'd love to see it finished! Like the rework of ac_melt3, this imho brings back that old shoot-em-up vibe, and it's just magnificent!
Thanks given by:
looks like a quake map, seems nice RKT! :)
Thanks given by:
great map.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 15, 01:34PM)RKTnoob Wrote: I know I didn't follow the template (from the picture) but I'm probably gonna do another map from the template if I find the time.

who gives a shit, if you made a good map. good for you.
Thanks given by:
D3M0NW0LF: thanks!
Marti: thanks!
MPx: thanks!

There is a secret room in the map that lists the people who helped me make this map, either by tools, good advice or testing.
Thanks given by:
Goldeneye vibe. I dig it
Thanks given by:
looks great :)
Thanks given by:
i wanttoplay i wanttoplay
cool
Thanks given by:
I thought GoldenEye as well. The nostalgia.
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome! But boxes are screaming for a another textures.
Also i couldnt play it in multiplayer mode. Got this error.

[Image: L5X1ZLO.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks madcatz, I'll look into it.

The map is still work in progress, so I'll be fixing the crates too.

EDIT: Fixed and released!
Thanks given by:
Don't forget the
Undead: Thnx

Homeboy hooked you up on a good shout out. Give solid where solid is due brah.
Thanks given by:
1Cap, Flint: <3
You and Undead are just commenting other peoples actions, not the map. Sorry man, you get thanks when you put some effort in it =S
Thanks given by:
(12 Jan 15, 02:35PM)RKTnoob Wrote: Thanks: Waffles, Lucas
1Cap, Flint: <3
You and Undead are just commenting other peoples actions, not the map. Sorry man, you get thanks when you put some effort in it =S

read my post.
you get some recognition when you use your brain
Thanks given by:
You didn't comment on the map, but commented on me talking about it. I'm not here to argue with you, if you are not talking about the topic, you have no place on this thread.
Thanks given by:
He acknowledged it was a good map though....
(09 Jan 15, 06:15PM)Undead Wrote: who gives a shit, if you made a good map. good for you.
Typically, you would show gratitude upon receiving a compliment, would you not?

Seriously, though...

I am glad to see people are still putting the nose to the grindstone for some new maps =)
Thank you!
Thanks given by:
-who gives a shit, IF YOU MADE a good map. good for you.-

This is how I read it, so I didn't give any thanks. Maybe it's my mistake, so I apologize, but if it isn't, then there is no thanks needed.
Thanks given by:
It is all semantics...

You were making a self-criticism of your adherence to the template, and Undead was actually kind of like, trying to cheer you up on it...

For sure, if he didn't think so he could break it down for you, no?

I am just saying - there is no need for contention when you have clearly put some effort in to a nice piece, man...
Thanks or no thanks, heads-up and keep fragging =)
Thanks given by:
Dunno man, Undead only knows what he actually wanted to say, so it's up to him.
Thanks given by:
Undead doesn't even know himself, don't pretend he knows what he's saying, he doesn't know either.

[Image: patt.gif]
Thanks given by:
Looks cool.
Thanks given by:
What tools did you use to edit the map, other than the usual AC map editor?
Thanks given by:
grab some ingredients from http://www.cgtextures.com
look up the recipe from: http://denbeke.be/ac-textures/
add a large spoon of aseprite
and a pinch of gimp
pour it into a flask of notepad++
and apply some mousikos.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 15, 12:09AM)RKTnoob Wrote: grab some ingredients from http://www.cgtextures.com
look up the recipe from: http://denbeke.be/ac-textures/
add a large spoon of aseprite
and a pinch of gimp
pour it into a flask of notepad++
and apply some mousikos.

Apply some what?
Thanks given by:
Music, he said music.
Thanks given by:
Let me be more specific: what tool did you use to make the map border non-solid? The AC editor does not allow that.
I know why you did it - I'd like to know /how/ you did it.
(fyi: the current dev version of AC considers this map so broken, that it exits the client if you load the map)
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 15, 11:14AM)stef Wrote: Let me be more specific: what tool did you use to make the map border non-solid? The AC editor does not allow that.
I know why you did it - I'd like to know /how/ you did it.
(fyi: the current dev version of AC considers this map so broken, that it exits the client if you load the map)

find a better hobby than playing fun police.
Thanks given by:
I didn't use anything besides the editor, map edges become broken if you load lettsay a newmap 7, then remove walls with "g" as far as they go. The last wall is usually glitched, showing the framebuffer and you can't even select it. I hope that's what you're looking for.

Mousikos is the magic ingredient of balance, if I didn't apply it, the akimbo would have been somewhere else altogether and not in a perfectly balanced spot.
Thanks given by:
Yep, I found the glitch in the map editor that allowed you to violate the border area, if you really tried hard. It is now fixed in the dev version.

However: the dev version still exits the client, if such a map is loaded. To allow such maps to be played or even loaded, the game would have to alter the loadmap()-function to fix the border during loading. It is policy to never alter a map during loading, because it messes up some anticheat measures - also, anything that should be fixed, gets fixed during saving the map, which allows loadmap() to be quite straightforward.

That means, that your map will crash any client newer than 1.2.0.2. To avoid that, you can use the same glitch in the editor to fix your map before the next release.

I checked my whole map collection of more than 1000 maps: the map city2 (from 2007) has one (yes, one!) bad cube in the border. All other maps are fine. Well - and there's spin, with 564 bad cubes...

So, one could say, that the dev client now refuses to load maps, that were created by the game's own editor, and that that's not very nice. But - you know very well, why you messed up your map that badly - and I don't see any reason why I should support that. Have fun fixing it...

PS: If anyone wants a fixed version of city2, I can provide that.
Thanks given by: