More noticeable blood splatter?
One of my biggest gripes when using the Sniper or Tarbine is I can't fully tell whether I actually LANDED the first shot or not. There are no health bars telling me how much remaining HP my enemy has, the only confirmation of me landing my shot is a minor blood splatter - I'm mostly fine with this, except when things get hot (lots of people, shots going off everywhere) or if the target is far away, trying to notice the small blood splatter is next to impossible.
I absolutely hate it when I snipe someone, then follow it up by an entire magazine of pistol shots only to realize that I had actually missed the first shot. The Tarbine is even more annoying to use for this reason, there's just not enough "oomph" graphically to tell me that I'm actually hitting/damaging my target.
Is there a command I can use to increase the bloodsplatter (note: not gibnum, that's different)? Or is it something that I'll have to live with? If there is no such command, I plead to the developers to increase the bloodsplatter :S
I want to see that shoulder/leg/chest explode in red when I land a Sniper/Tarbine round :D
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 10, 09:41PM)Stupefy Wrote: One of my biggest gripes when using the Sniper or Tarbine is I can't fully tell whether I actually LANDED the first shot or not. There are no health bars telling me how much remaining HP my enemy has, the only confirmation of me landing my shot is a minor blood splatter - I'm mostly fine with this, except when things get hot (lots of people, shots going off everywhere) or if the target is far away, trying to notice the small blood splatter is next to impossible.
I absolutely hate it when I snipe someone, then follow it up by an entire magazine of pistol shots only to realize that I had actually missed the first shot. The Tarbine is even more annoying to use for this reason, there's just not enough "oomph" graphically to tell me that I'm actually hitting/damaging my target.
Is there a command I can use to increase the bloodsplatter (note: not gibnum, that's different)? Or is it something that I'll have to live with? If there is no such command, I plead to the developers to increase the bloodsplatter :S
I want to see that shoulder/leg/chest explode in red when I land a Sniper/Tarbine round :D

You could use the 'Hit Sound' option hidden somewhere in the menu. so when you hit a player it makes a sort of boink noise.

or, you could change the particle size, i forgot how to do this but it makes the blood bigger, but it also makes sparks and dust bigger too.
Thanks given by:
1.1 has a feature where when you hit the enemy, it does a sound. That should be of help (if you play 1.1 ofcourse)
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 10, 09:41PM)Stupefy Wrote: I want to see that shoulder/leg/chest explode in red when I land a Sniper/Tarbine round :D

Me too!!
Thanks given by:
Hmph. Doesn't help when I usually have sound turned off (I find it distracting, don't ask why >_<) or at a very low volume.
But I guess I'll check up that hit-sound feature, I do play 1.1 :P
Thanks given by:
Afaik you can adjust the volume for each sound individually.
Thanks given by:
^ What tempest said.
I'm not sure if you can do it for this purpose though.
Thanks given by:
You definitely can.
Thanks given by:
You can set the volume of any sound in sounds.cfg.
Thanks given by: